August 27, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Udacity
I'm using it to acquire new knowledge around data engineering. It has helped me with better planning and also speaking the same language when talking to my fellow colleagues.
- Practical exercises and projects definitely helps you understand how you may apply the skills and knowledge in real-world projects.
- Strong Community where people are generally friendly and helpful for answering questions. Udacity has also made an effort to encourage engagement between all the people who are taking the same courses.
- You can watch a video, access reading materials and attempt an exercise without leaving the Udacity environment which is definitely a plus for me.
- Put more background, as well as objectives of some exercises to better understand why do we work on things that way.
- Some of the projects removed the tedious work required which hide what a candidate may face during real-world projects. Instead, it might be nice to design in a way where candidates need to do more readings to get things working and do the projects.
- All are good but would be great if they specify some Slack channels where people who have completed the courses can still get together and attempt some real-world projects together with "classmates" to continue to build their portfolios. Would be great if projects come from Kaggle or some sample projects that help the non-profits, then put them in the Github for sharing.
- Gaining more knowledge about the role
- Gaining more exposure to new technology
- Better confidence level with new work and opportunities
They are already very good. But, would be great if Udacity improves the area of standardizing offline projects and exercises so that people could attempt to work offline. Including documentation on how to do it. More practical or real-world projects to choose and work on after course completion. Maybe a community can do it.
Sufficient online documentation for general support. And, response via email is still quite acceptable.