LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018

November 17, 2020
Cedric Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use LinkedIn Learning to keep up on current trends, training practices, and also new fields of study. I use LIL in understanding the current career fields and also relating to others in different fields. It addresses for me what hurdles people go through to be and remain top in their field and relate to theirs in that field.
  • It does an excellent job in relating to their audience and transferring and relating information they give in each course.
  • It always has a variety of new and relevant courses to improve your career skill set and marketability to new and possible clients and employers.
  • The price and selection of obtaining vital skills sets can not be beat. It is not just celebrity experts, but highly valued and main experts in the fields they dominate explaining to you how you can get there now and not later.
  • More deals that work within each matter of subject and add an add bonus to whatever LinkedIn package you purchase on premium.
  • Finally, combining LinkedIn Learning/Lynda in a uniformed package so people know it is the same company, especially those that utilize their library for study.
  • Expansion on other subjects or experts in certain aspects (International Languages and Religion) would be helpful. Imagine a course on Greek or Hebrew.
  • A good three month bundle price for longtime LinkedIn members would not hurt.
LinkedIn Learning is best for those that are in a particular field, but lack either the current skills or new skills to impress their future client/customer/employer. I have often recommended to people in career transition or business to utilize LIL in improving their marketability along with their monetary bottom line. It is also good in mastering skill sets where an instructor can not be there or the expense is out of an individuals price range. Where LinkedIn Learning is less appropriate would be as a sales tool. Not that it can not have some skill obtained there, but it would not be beneficial in that aspect.
Easy to use and makes problems go away pretty quickly overall. Customer service on Twitter during COVID is the best I have seen and rarely do you have a hiccup.
Read Cedric Allen's full review
September 28, 2020
Jaymason Gallien | TrustRadius Reviewer
LinkedIn Learning (or Lynda.com) is available to all employees of our organization. The intent was to allow users to train themselves or increase their own skill sets. Any employee is able to access it, but I find that very few are actually using it often, if at all. It is most used by our technical personnel.
  • Accessible
  • Cheap price model
  • Wide berth of available subjects
  • Technical content is surface-level at best.
  • Too many different names. Bad Branding.
  • Very basic; not very feature-rich.
LinkedIn Learning (or Lynda.com) is appropriate for groups that need nothing beyond entry-level training in their field. If you are looking to make yourself or your team into experts, then you are in the wrong place. I would absolutely recommend this to a group that needed to put minor training into the hands of many employees at once.
The technical team behind LinkedIn Learning (or Lynda.com) knows their job, and they usually solve problems very quickly. While I haven't had many run-ins with them (thus the low rating), I do find that when we call them, the problem gets resolved in a reasonable amount of time. The flip-side of this comment is that we never have needed to call them with a high-priority issue.
Read Jaymason Gallien's full review
April 23, 2020
Matt LeMaire, B.A., M.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using LinkedIn Learning as a means to bolster our team's development. One of our concerns as a smaller organization was finding ways to enhance our team's skillsets and attributes without a significant overall cost. Moreover, we wanted a solution that was adaptable and provided a means for our team to access both in and out of the office. Instead of looking externally for all of our training needs, we are able to keep the costs fixed for a large portion of our training through LinkedIn Learning and provide curated content to employees to enhance their skills.
  • Large amount of content - from soft to hard skills, LinkedIn Learning provides a full suite of content to make available to your learners. You'll likely be hard pressed to not find something worth reviewing.
  • User management is done well. We can suggest content, review what people have completed, and make/view suggestions to keep people engaged in continuous learning.
  • Connection between LinkedIn (standard) and LinkedIn Learning as many professional users are already familiar with LinkedIn and the interface stays similar so that the transition between the two is largely seamless.
  • I'd like the ability to upload your own content to be a standard inclusion rather than an "add-on" of sorts. If part of a standard membership, we might see more adoption of this. Perhaps even adding the option to share your content with other companies where applicable.
  • If you have created a Learning Path, the editing of courses and order/placement can be problematic as rather than being able to easily shuffle courses between sections of a learning path, you would have to delete and start over. I should be able to move course x from section c to section a without issue.
  • While there are a seemingly endless number of courses/content, I'd like to see more industry-specific content, such as that focused on the insurance industry and the various platforms utilized within.
As an organization, you should be considering how to keep your staff engaged in ongoing learning. If you're hard-pressed to find something that can provide refreshers and transferable skills, LinkedIn Learning can be a valuable resource. You may find that you can fit the entire program for your staff well within your budget instead of trying to put together a piecemeal learning plan for staff based on what you find externally from multiple sources. With that said, if you're looking for more specific courses focused on industry-specific software or practices, you may find the offerings a bit wanting. Consider reviewing the options available to you within the course content prior to committing (which you should do anyway) to ensure that what is on offer will fit the plans you have for your organization.
Support has been fantastic and responsive. I have experienced very few issues with LinkedIn Learning but when I have had to reach out, there is very little time between the initial contact and a response from LinkedIn. They offer easy solutions and are able to help sort out any issues quite well. Moreover, our account manager was highly responsive and always making solid suggestions on how to optimize our usage of the platform.
Read Matt LeMaire, B.A., M.A.'s full review
April 22, 2020
Viveka von Rosen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a HUGE fan of LinkedIn Learning and have been a user since it was Lynda.com. The sheer variety of courses and the extremely high quality of the courses make it the best value on the market. For LinkedIn users who have gaps in their learning, who want to pivot and learn new skills, or who just want to round out their knowledge, LinkedIn Learning is an invaluable tool for learners of all ages.
  • Vast variety of lessons.
  • Very high quality trainings.
  • Great platform for engaging.
  • Certifications!!!
  • Ability to ask the program author questions and get real time answers.
  • Sometimes there are too many courses! Some AI intelligence to help sort courses.
  • When a course is updated I don't necessarily want to watch the whole thing again. I would love to see what is new.
  • Sometimes the platform hangs up a bit.
If there are gaps in an employees' knowledge, LinkedIn Learning is a great resource. In addition, some of the courses might not be applicable to the "job" but will help folks become better at life and their jobs (meditation courses, art courses, etc.). Some (not all) of the courses are too simplistic and don't have an advanced version. In some cases, employees need more thorough training on a particular subject.
I love that there is a Q&A section where you can ask the authors questions. They are pretty good about responding as well. I have never had to use the customer support for LinkedIn Learning but I imagine it's pretty good. I can usually find what I am looking for on the portal.
Read Viveka von Rosen's full review
January 28, 2020
Jason White | TrustRadius Reviewer
We switched our entire learning system for our company over to LinkedIn Learning, last year. It is our primary source for skills training, as well as for a lot of technical training, now. It is used for everything from basic customer service skills, to project management, to training for specific applications.
  • Technical training.
  • Soft skills.
  • Longer tracks for larger skill sets.
  • Certifications.
So far, I can't see any less appropriate reasons for using LinkedIn Learning. The catalog of available training is extremely broad and very easy to search for. The process of signing up for classes/training is streamlined and simple. And the way the training is laid out makes it very easy to go through each course, to be able to start and stop as needed, and I find it well suited for my needs.
I have not yet had an opportunity to use LinkedIn Learning's support, so I cannot speak to how effective it is. On the other hand, I have not had call to have to use their support, which does speak to the product being well made and maintained.
Read Jason White's full review
February 28, 2020
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is an educational tool used by everyone in the organization to upgrade their skills and knowledge in specific areas. I personally use it for education in the technological field as well as for graphic design. It is a great way to have employees trained online in their own time and considering their own availability. This is a great alternative to attending post-secondary classes.Videos are easy to follow and well instructed. The variety of information provided is an excellent way to broaden skills.
  • Well-instructed videos with examples
  • Practical files
  • I find that the videos stop when watched on a tablet.
  • I wish the videos could be played at different speeds.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is great if you want to broaden your knowledge in your area of education and experience. It is also awesome if you want to learn about new trends. I find it less appropriate if you want to get certified and put the courses on your résumé. It is great only for micro-credentialing.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) has great videos on a variety of topics. Very detailed information with examples is provided. You can understand the information way better when examples are provided. I like that they also sometimes offer practice files so that you have a hands-on training. You can also use the community to ask questions.
October 16, 2019
Rocky Kev | TrustRadius Reviewer
The first thing I do at any company is review their resource material. Tech moves quickly, and ensuring that they have a library of excellent resources is reflective of the type of people and culture of the company.

In my team, we are constantly learn new things. And LinkedIn Learning is vital to quick training.
  • Teaching a how-to in bite sized pieces
  • Consistency of the quality of content
  • Huge library of content and education
  • Progress and tracking
  • LinkedIn Learning provides learning paths, but it's left much to be desired. Not enough direction about the why, or learning outcomes.
  • Some courses provide exercises/quizzes. Others do not. There's definitely a missing piece to test comprehension.
  • The library is so large, it's difficult to really build your own learning. I find it better for just-in-time learning.
A great scenario where LinkedIn Learning is fantastic is when working on a project where we miss specific skill sets. My coworker was skilled in Microsoft Power BI, while I was not. So I spent 3 hours going through a few LinkedIn Learning Power BI trainings to get up to speed. Another coworker was not experienced in Google Analytics, and again, LinkedIn Learning filled in the blanks.

A scenario where it's less appropriate is finding specific needs for your use case. While LinkedIn Learning is great for learning how something works and exploring test projects - don't expect it to hold your hand to do something very specific. For example - if you need to deploy a app using YOUR SPECIFIC WORKFLOW, you're not going to find a point-by-point tutorial. You'll find courses on how to deploy it in different ways, but not exactly the way you need it.
The LinkedIn Learning team has been pretty fast at providing any support needed. Besides a log-in issue and merging of accounts - I didn't find any real problems with the platform on the web. But the app has a bunch of bugs, and because of that, my team rarely uses the app platform.
Read Rocky Kev's full review
November 16, 2019
Sara Rogers | TrustRadius Reviewer
There are a number of people in our marketing department that have access to LinkedIn Learning. We find it extremely valuable to be able for people to teach themselves how to do things with software that they may not already know how to do. It is useful because many times someone can watch a 20 minute training and not have to instead attend an external conference or training outside the office.
  • Easy to find what you need
  • Super convenient
  • Very good instruction
  • They could send me links to trainings they think I'd be interested in
  • Have a quick "tips and tricks" area of their site
  • Have another area that's all long term learning as well
We had an instance where one of our designers knew that there was a way to link an Excel document with fields to an Adobe InDesign template but they didn't exactly know how to make it all work. They found a training video and after a few minutes had a test page laid out and were able to show how the fields in the Microsoft Excel document were feeding into the new InDesign template.
It's super easy to use, always has what I need, and is reasonably priced for myself and my colleagues. I really don't know where I would be without this service. It saves us time and energy because we know the instruction and videos on LinkedIn are from reputable people who have just what we are looking for.
Read Sara Rogers's full review
October 18, 2019
Irina Danilova | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lynda.com is used across the organization and allows the individuals like me to keep their work skills fresh, to learn new ones and to keep in the loop with modern technologies. Lynda.com is constantly refreshing the course offerings and provides a variety of learning paths and it is very important in the days of constantly changing technology.
  • It allows the learning at your own pace. You course history is always at hand, as well as all the exercise files.
  • It allows to practice some skills (like coding) right inside the site's editor without switching to the other programs.
  • It helps to choose classes and learning paths. I am currently on my way to complete Wordpress and photography related ones.
  • The level of instructors is anything between great and brilliant. All the courses give a very clear presentations and provide adequate exercises.
  • You will be able to use your knowledge in real life. I gained a lot from what I learned watching photography and web design classes, my skills improved significantly.
  • All videos can be watch with text overlay and played at a different speed (they really care about accessibility).
  • It would be good to have more intermediate and advanced classes
  • It wood be good to have learning path that may help in gaining certification (like Microsoft or Oracle ones)
  • It would be nice to have some individual help from instructors (for the additional payment, of course)
Lynda.com is absolutely great to jump-start learning something new or brush-up your skills. Also classes are very practical so there is always chance that you can use what your learned right away or that you can find an answer to some work questions here. It would probably be not a place to get some academic knowledge or to get to the very specific areas of advanced programming.
I never had to ask for technical support so not sure what its quality is (hoping it is superb!). The only time I was communicating with Lynda.com representative was about the switching my account to a different level and it went extremely smoothly. It was easy to find a contact information and transaction was very quick.
Read Irina Danilova's full review
October 15, 2019
Jenna Boodram | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lynda is being used by the Directors at Flambo Media to ensure we keep on top of industry-related trends.
In the near future, we would like to make Lynda courses available to all employees. It will save our company money by giving employees access to do Lynda courses instead of paying for them to attend expensive conferences.
  • Lets me learn at my own pace with 24/hour access.
  • Get certificates for completed courses that show up on my LinkedIn profile.
  • It provides a wide range of courses to choose from (beginner to expert level).
  • Introduce live courses with instructors teaching you in real-time and answering questions.
  • Make it possible to “meet” other people who are currently taking the same course.
  • Currently, Lynda has a monthly subscription plan. Per course payment option should be available.
My company is in the Digital Marketing industry and Lynda provides great courses for anyone working in that field. Classes are led by industry experts and videos are of high quality. Lynda is perfectly suited for people seeking a flexible learning platform that offers unlimited access to many courses for a flat monthly subscription fee. However, their monthly subscription model might be overkill for someone looking to only take one or two courses.
I never had a problem using Lynda. The software is very user-friendly and the design is intuitive. I never had to ask for support so I couldn’t give a perfect 10 because I’m not sure how your support staff would respond. A lot of companies use bots to deal with customer support but I much prefer to deal with a real person.
Read Jenna Boodram's full review
October 15, 2019
Mitchell Clements | TrustRadius Reviewer
LinkedIn Learning was available to individuals to further develop their skills in UX design. It was never required, however, it was available as an option along with several other resources including books. Most of us were newer to UX design at the time, so Lynda was a great resource to really help level up our skills through quality courses.
  • LinkedIn Learning offers several courses covering a wide range of topics.
  • The courses are engaging and enjoyable.
  • The pricing model isn't very good for individuals wanting to take just one course.
LinkedIn Learning is well suited for organizations and groups who are trying to "level up" their employee's skills. It's also a great resource for students looking for quality and engaging learning content. It would be less appropriate for part-time employees unless they were using it outside of their work hours. Otherwise, it can be very time-consuming.
I have never had to directly interact with the support team for LinkedIn Learning, which is probably a good thing. This means their website is user friendly, and you're very unlikely to get "stuck" while trying to navigate the courses and manage your account, or subscription. Hence, I have been very pleased.
Read Mitchell Clements's full review
February 26, 2019
Roy Zumbado Cognuchz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lynda as a learning portal for our company, we don't have a formal learning and development team, so we take advantage of Lynda's industry relevant and updated courses to keep us and our staff aligned on best practices, new technologies and ways to do our work. The experts and materials are great, I use it on my Apple TV and Fire Stick TV to consume knowledge. It's easy to use and navigation is intuitive.
  • Format: the way the information is presented makes it easy to digest the content, it's just so easy to learn.
  • Unlike other market options, Lynda.com has industry relevant courses and we work with technology, so we need new courses often and their menu is getting updated constantly.
  • I love their quality standards in order to keep the user experience at a high standard.
  • Now that Lynda.com is Linkedin Learning, I'd love to have an integration with HR systems to keep track of learning objectives compliance.
Lynda is best suited for companies that need to implement or increase their learning and development options. It's hard to get experts and employees to learn new skills and abilities doing the same job, so Lynda offers a platform in which you can develop your team's knowledge, and also yourself as an entrepreneur or manager by learning from experts teaching updated, relevant courses.
Read Roy Zumbado Cognuchz's full review
March 27, 2019
At a higher education institute, Lynda.com is available to students and staff for professional and personal development. Lynda.com is available across the whole institution.
  • Lynda.com has a variety of courses that can be applicable to anyone.
  • The cost of use is free for us in our institution.
  • There is access to different supplemental resources in each course.
  • Lynda.com can be overwhelming at times and the resources are not always organized in a conducive manner for learning.
  • I think there is room for additional courses on certain topics like how to use statistical packages such as R, Stata, SAS.
I would highly recommend Lynda.com to colleagues and I think it's best suited for increasing knowledge on topics that you may not be familiar with. For example, if you're working on a project that requires in-depth knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Lynda.com would be great to provide that insight needed to complete the task. Lynda.com may not necessarily be great for topics that may need hands-on practical exercises.
January 02, 2019
Michelle Braun | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our subscription to Lynda.com is used across the firm. Historically, the training offered at DHG has been primarily ILT (instructor-led training) that are offered in classrooms at set dates and times. So if a team member needed to learn a skill but the training wasn't available for several months, there was no option for them besides reading a book. Lynda.com provides a variety of on-demand classes that employees can access from the comfort of their computers at a time that suits their schedule.
  • The technical training is particularly useful. Technology changes so quickly - I've noticed that some of our ILT providers are out of date. Lynda.com usually has training on the most recent version of the software.
  • Those who've attained their PMP (Project Management Professional) designation, need to continue to earn a certain number of PDUs (Professional Development Units) to maintain their certification. Lynda.com has a wide variety of training (at least 100+ hours) of relevant PDUs.
  • In addition to the technical training, Lynda.com offers soft skills classes too. From communication to management to meditation.
  • The biggest challenge that we have with Lynda.com is that the courses don't yet adhere to the AICPA/NASBA training standards -so they aren't eligible for CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credits - which are needed to maintain CPA (Certified Public Accounting) licenses. If a CPA has a choice between taking mediocre training that helps them learn something AND has CPE associated with it OR taking a good class that doesn't let them earn CPE, human nature dictates they'll take the so-so class with the CPE.
  • As of 2016, there were about 42,000 accounting firms in the United States. If Lynda.com got its classes to be CPE-worthy, there's a wide variety of people who would take more of the training and a lot more potential revenue for Lynda.com. If heard Jeff Weiner (LinkedIn CEO - who bought Lynda.com) share his goal of expanding the world's wisdom (and compassion). Getting the Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning library to adhere to those AICPA/NASBA training standards is a simple way to achieve that goal.
  • While the technical training generally includes practice files and activities, some of the soft skills training could be more interactive. While videos of instructors talking to you can provide a baseline of information, more can be done to have the students interact with the content - and do practice activities and/or action planning. The more students engage with the content, the more likely they are to retain and apply their newfound knowledge.
  • When classes are updated to a newer version, the title - and corresponding deep link - changes too. This is challenging when you have curriculum roadmaps that point to certain classes. It would be nice if the title and link stayed the same - so that we don't constantly have to update links.
Lynda.com is great for on-demand, self-paced eLearning - both technical and soft skills.
Read Michelle Braun's full review
December 11, 2018
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lynda is one of the best one stop shops for learning new software. Lynda's unique relationship with some of the world's best professionals lets them create great learning videos that can't be matched. We use it in our on-boarding process at my work for new employees or existing employees expanding to new Adobe products.
  • LOTS of topics. There is almost an unlimited number of videos on topics. You can watch hundreds of hours of tutorials if you so wished.
  • Live-captions available, or you can read all of it.
  • Industry expert authors/instructors -- you're learning from people with pedigree.
  • Different results depending on each person's learning style or each expert's teaching style. Like in school, not all match-ups will be beneficial and totally, completely informational.
Lynda is one of the best resources a university or corporation can use. Many large cities in the US even have a relationship with Lynda, so if you have a library card you can get access to their library.
Read Collin Berg's full review
December 03, 2018
MaryAnn Jackson, MA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, Lynda is being used for department-wide professional development. We have been focusing on specific topic areas that would help us be better professionals and educators. For example, a topic we as a department were trained on was Emotional Intelligence. Our HR rep took us through a couple of modules and we were tasked with finishing modules at home to complete the course. You can see a large difference in decision making and intentional conversations that staff members have had post-Lynda training.

Lynda has helped solve the issue of providing amazing professional development for staff members with a limited department budget. Lynda offers a wide range of modules that can be taken in a group setting or at-home.
  • Lynda is user-friendly, even for those who are not as tech-savvy. This enables staff members of all ages to be able to participate in training leaving the feeling of confusion behind.
  • Lynda offers a wide variety of learning courses to its users. This is especially important for business who rely on Lynda for professional development opportunities.
  • Lynda is cost effective and makes the larger business money when they subscribe. Lynda provides an avenue for businesses to invest in their professionals which can help increase business outcome and even increase revenue.
  • Not too many cons other than some course certifications do require payment.
Again, Lynda is a great system for providing employees an opportunity to grow and develop. Lynda is well suited for professional development sessions within a company.
Read MaryAnn Jackson, MA's full review
November 20, 2018
Joshua Henke | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use lynda.com for training and development across the entire company. Beefs up knowledge for individuals or entire groups, and even improves the possibility of intra-company job transfers. It's easy to share a good course with a colleague who may struggle with office politics or understanding data analytics.
  • Certificates of Completion. New feature that does what you think.
  • Videos at a faster pace! There are a lot of speakers and topics conducive to making that 2 hour course take only 90 minutes. Love that!
  • LOTS of topics.
  • Live-captions available, or you can read all of it.
  • I actually can't think of anything bothersome, not even interface problems. It works great.
Any company that desires to train their employees should invest in this. It's a polished business tool: feels a bit like YouTube but business relevant. Employees can find things on their own, and playlists from management can be dispensed, another way to ensure the company culture and perspectives can be communicated without having to invest in their own training material.
Read Joshua Henke's full review
June 20, 2018
Chris Salles | TrustRadius Reviewer
lynda.com is being utilized throughout our organization. It helps us tackle the problem of time, relevancy, and customization as it related to professional development. lynda.com adds a plethora of learning options for a myriad different disciplines. Whether you're a software engineer or a corporate executive, lynda.com has options that provide self-directed learning for them and everyone in between.
  • Industry expert authors/instructors - you're learning from people with pedigree.
  • Breadth and depth of catalog - not only is there a wide range of topics and disciplines, but there are frequently several levels of depth within each (eg. Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced).
  • Time needed to complete each course AND each section of a course are included - you know what you're getting into from the first click.
  • Knowledge checks are infrequent - as of this writing, they have begun to beta-test adding in a "How much do you know?" knowledge check at the beginning of some courses.
lynda.com is well-suited for an individual OR an enterprise. You can take learning on-the-go via mobile phone or tablet. Instructors are well-known industry experts. There is a tremendous amount of courses. Ideal self-directed learning library to supplement anyone's ILT-heavy learning strategy.
Read Chris Salles's full review
March 30, 2018
Alexander Perrigo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, my organization is not utilizing Lynda.com, nor the departments. I personally utilize it for educational purposes to either refresh previous training in programming, infrastructure, or business practices. I do have plans to have plans to recommend it as an avenue of re-education or continued education in-line with certifications that would be utilized in the current industry.
  • Concise video segments that allow for easier knowledge absorption.
  • Associated with the continued education process for all manner of certifications and knowledge obtainment.
  • The continually updated knowledge base to choose from in the Lynda Library.
  • Needs more options for practical examinations for learning paths.
  • Options for Audio only learning.
  • Upon successful completion of an examination, I would like to see discounts available for CE. This, I understand, is dependent upon partners.
It is well suited for those of us that have short attention spans and need to utilize short stances of learning. Lynda provides video segments in a manageable time frame.

Practical Examinations are not really utilized in the courses I have gone over. I would like to see labs and practice exams be made available for certain courses if agreeable.
Read Alexander Perrigo's full review
February 06, 2018
Rocky Banks | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for mostly business productivity applications training. Any graphics design training needs we need have also been met with lynda.com. The entire organization has a login by the department. Now, lynda.com has expanded into many areas of programming and IT operations support and applications.
  • Their customer service is superb. They have always been willing to solve any technical challenges and follow-up.
  • The sale representative always contacts me ahead of time in the renewal window. He does everything to help.
  • Their site is well designed, easy to administer, and it is easy to track learning paths.
  • When they were acquired by LinkedIn, the next invoice barely noted the invoice was for Lynda.com. I at first thought it was a phishing attempt using LinkedIn as a front.
  • The invoice should be from the lynda.com domain and NOT from LinkedIn.
  • Account administrators should be able to change passwords, and see passwords, for the license entities they manage. Also, all email notices to users should be duplicated to account administrators.
It is especially suited for new or junior employees to gain familiarity or new features of business productivity applications. Every course is also learn-at-your-own-pace; this is key to the utility of the website.
Read Rocky Banks's full review
December 13, 2017
Ai Ashe | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lynda.com is used as a resource for software training for both instructors and students. It is used by all areas of studies as the website contains numerous software training that is relevant to the courses offered at the Art Institute. Lynda.com also provides completion certificates that instructors can use to apply as professional development points.
  • The training is clear, you can access it on any device.
  • The instruction covers all areas of the software in question. It is updated on a regular basis to keep up with software updates.
  • Files from the course can be downloaded and used for practice.
  • Able to link students directly to another valuable resource for learning (only the free videos)
  • Lynda.com pretty much covers all of what I need.
  • The only thing is that it is not free and many students don't have the means to subscribe to the training. Perhaps a student price?
Very well suited for training in a variety of software used in different areas of industries. Helps people develop and build technical skills. Learners can learn at their own pace. There's also training in business principles and money-management advice.

Not sure if its useful as a tool to teach skills that requires face-to-face contact, for example in sales.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
November 29, 2017
Benjamin Brogdon | TrustRadius Reviewer
All of my comments about lynda.com are my own personal opinions and do not represent the views of the firm. I'm providing my personal views independent of my current employer.

I can't really speak to how others in my organization use lynda.com. It is not a part of any of our formal training programs. I use it outside of work when I need to brush up on my software skills. I know that others do as well, but it would not be accurate to say that it is used by our organization.
  • Variety: the lynda.com library is enormous. In fact, it can be a little overwhelming when you sit down and search.
  • Depth: lynda.com training videos are very detailed.
  • High quality: videos are delivered by knowledgeable experts who have great screen presence.
  • Passive content: I would like to see training that is more interactive. Lynda.com videos are purely passive. They do provide source code so that you can follow along. But this source code does not take the place of skill checks.
  • Learning plans: I think that lynda.com can do a better job of providing users with more direction when it comes to selecting related training. Most people do a search for the software they need to learn to use, such as Photoshop. And, lynda.com has hours and hours of Photoshop training. But, it would be great if the platform asked you to identify the projects you need to do and recommend relevant supplements. If you need to learn Photoshop, you probably also need to know how to use Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
Lynda.com works very well to provide you high-level overviews of a wide variety of software. I have only found a few applications that lynda.com doesn't cover. The passive video approach, however, is inherently limited, in spite of the high quality of the presentation.

Lynda.com also works very well for those who need to learn independently of others. It does not work well for groups of learners.
Read Benjamin Brogdon's full review
May 12, 2017
Brett Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
The whole world is moving to an online method. Lynda.com has quickly become an incredible vehicle for knowledge transfer and learning. Someone can learn what they want, as often as they want, entirely at their own pace. Excellent quality lessons available for all shapes and sizes of use-cases.

Though my experience is based on personal usage, it's easy to see the positive impact Lynda.com can have within an organization for any number of use cases. Excellent training content can help with ramping up employees, onboarding, learning new programs, use-cases, tactics, tips, etc.
  • Providing a large amount of content, with well-executed training content. Able to choose areas of interest and begin the learning process at your own pace, taking on courses and content ranging from completely beginner levels up the scale to advanced learning.
  • Very easy-to-use interface that allows for an easy adoption and to hit the ground running with little to no need for instruction or hand holding.
  • Ability to set playlists lets a user browse through and tag content that they're interested in, able to tackle at a later date. Allows for better organization, structure, and ultimately helps lead towards similar content that's of interest to the user(s).
  • Easy to point the finger at pricing. Though in my opinion Lynda.com content is priced fairly, paying less is always of interest to society. That said, should the content suffer, lowering pricing wouldn't pose as a benefit to their offering.
  • Perhaps more of a tiered or a la carte model would attract more users: particularly low-usage users.
Lynda.com is a great tool for personal use, or for usage in an organization. Considering the vast amount of content, ranging from personal to corporate usage, users can vary their experience based on the scenario. Since the courses range in difficulty and familiarity, it's easy to attract individuals to new solutions, tools, use-cases, etc. All in all - a great tool that can be leveraged for a number of different needs.
Read Brett Jones's full review
August 29, 2017
Tina Francis | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it for my job to learn new skills like advanced Excel skills, SharePoint, AEM, Visio, JIRA, etc. I look there before anywhere else. I'm glad my company purchased a license for my group.
  • Love the practice exercises.
  • Clear explanations with examples.
  • Thoughtful progression.
  • Can start where you left off.
  • Just add more technologies and new apps, [such as] Data Science, BI reporting [topics].
  • I would like to see more advanced JIRA videos.
Well suited for learning just about any desktop application.
Read Tina Francis's full review
March 08, 2017
Erika Schaefer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I as well as everyone in my company are encouraged to set aside time in their schedules to utilize this amazing tool every week.

I have used it to brush up on my Excel skills and to learn how to better myself and make myself more useful to my company by learning about project management. I can learn from so many areas of education with Lynda.com, from creative and design, to IT programming to computer basics.
  • Great variety of classes!
  • Breaks down each subject and lets you bookmark where you are and save it.
  • Has great materials (workbooks) to accompany the class.
  • I find it helpful to have more interactive pieces to accompany the lessons and not just the workbook that you do as you watch the video. But something to practice a few more times after to make sure the lessons sink in.
I have found Lynda.com very helpful to brush up on my Excel skills. It's great for employees to learn new skills and strengthen skills they already have. I love that there are lessons for project management which help to make employees more valuable to your company and help them gain upward mobility in the company.
Read Erika Schaefer's full review

What is LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)?

Lynda.com (now offered as part of LinkedIn Learning) is an elearning course library acquired and now supported by LinkedIn in May 2015.