Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
We use our Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance to backup all of our virtual machines throughout the school. It allows us to have a secondary copy of files should we have a critical failure on our SAN, but more importantly it allows me to restore files/systems that may have been accidentally deleted or corrupted.
- I found the system very easy to setup and use. I was able to get it up and running within a day of its arrival - with no previous experience in Unitrends Appliances.
- It does a very good job of integrating with VMware. Once authenticated with our system, it sees all of our VMs with no issue.
- It's super easy to spin up a machine from a previous date, and recover files that may have been lost.
- Setting up jobs for the first time took quite a bit of research, and a couple discussions with support. Not that the process was difficult in itself, but just understanding what the different kinds of backups entailed was not clear to a first time user.
- Configuring Backup Copy targets was a little clunky to get setup, but the support was great - and in the end I was able to get everything working.
- Although we haven't yet had a critical outage that would utilize the full potential of our appliance, having it available is a huge benefit to our organization. For insurance purposes, it is a single device that covers all our bases.