Overall Satisfaction with Vendini
Vendini is Iona College's primary athletic event ticketing platform.
- Interface is pretty easy to use.
- Event creation process is straightforward.
- Ability to use on multiple devices (laptop, phone, etc.) is a plus.
- System is often very slow.
- Limited user ability to customize ticket promotions within the platform.
- Major issue - not friendly with certain firewalls. Iona received dozens of phone calls this year from fans unable to purchase tickets online because Vendini changed something which made the platform blocked by several servers being used by fans.
- Allowed Iona to compare YOY sales and attendance figures. Something we were not able to do before.
- We have been able to create events from remote locations (i.e. conference tournament bus trip ticket sales). The ability to just set up an event from wherever one can access the internet is very convenient and has increased our ticket sales for certain events.
- The Vendini reporting has increased the efficiency of internal and external audits when it comes to ticket sales and revenue.
I've used ProVenue in the professional sports world (working with the NY Mets). ProVenue has drastically more capabilities and is a much more powerful system than Vendini, but such capabilities would not be necessary for smaller arenas or productions.
For smaller sports organizations or event productions Vendini is appropriate. It is also better suited for venues where the inventory is primarily general admission or very basic section/row/seat. The platform does not allow for much seating customization on the user's end. I would definitely not recommend Vendini for larger venues.