Overall Satisfaction with VidCruiter
VidCruiter is currently used to hire 80-100 seasonal outdoor education instructors for our 3-4 month spring and fall seasons. Later we will add other seasonal and full time positions (we are still on our first season). As the director of operations, I have set it up, maintain it and am the main person using it for hiring on a daily basis. Other managers review and rate the candidates and sit in on interviews. Previously we had our own homemade system that was entirely manual. VidCruiter really helps with keeping everything in one place and easily organized for applicants and HR staff.
- VidCruiter is my first Applicant Tracking System but it was still relatively easy to set up exactly to our needs and there was lots of support over email and the phone / internet meetings during the setup and after. It is easy to use and update too, no coding ability needed.
- The integrated video and live interviews are unique to VidCruiter and why we chose it over competing products. They are easy to setup and use and provide the HR staff with a much more personal feeling for who the applicants are.
- The auto rating of the applicants and their references along with the easy rating of applicant video interviews and any other data entered sorts applicants after what abilities are important to your company and makes it easy to start with the most suited candidates and work your way down.
- As there are constant ongoing improvements and development done to make it as good as possible and to incorporate the clients specific needs, some functions may not be well documented. The very responsive support staff make up for this though through email and phone follow up whenever needed.
- Some functions may not be supported but the development team is very responsive in working on developing solutions for the clients specific needs, which may later benefit other customers too.
- Much more organized and professional looking and feeling than using homemade system. Automatic and easy rating makes prioritizing the applicants easy.
- Higher quality hires through better connection with applicants through video and live interviews.
- First ATS used,compared to other similar products at time of purchase
VidCruiter was mainly chosen due to the integrated video and live interview modules, its good looks and simple but flexible setup and good support during setup and during day to day operation.
Video and live interviews built into the software has enabled us to have a more personal understanding of who the applicants are. Many of our applicants are out and about and only have internet access on an infrequent basis. The software and setup is flexible enough that we can meet their special needs also. The continued development and very responsive customer support means that we have been able to find satisfactory solutions to all our particular needs.
VidCruiter Feature Ratings
10 - Director of Operations, HR Administrator, 8 operational managers & directors for applicant reviews
1 - The Director of Operations is a former outdoor education instructor with no formal HR or ATS education. An average level of computer literacy, enthusiasm for the project and great costumer support made setting up, operating and maintaining the system day to day very doable.
- Hiring 50-80 seasonal outdoors instructors per year.
- Setting up the remaining job roles and hiring for them after the first season.
- We hire outdoor education instructors from all over the world, who often have sporadic access to the internet. VidCruiter is developing additonal functionality that takes the difficulty out of scheduling live interviews with staff from many different time zones, that takes the hiring staff's schedules and availability into account (minimum 2 staff per interview).
This is our first season of using VidCruiter or any ATS. We are very happy with the time saved and level of organization and clarity that using VidCruiter has provided. We have a ton of ideas for improvements for the next season, and the flexibility of the system, the easy setup and maintenance and the very responsive support from VidCruiter makes this easy.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Most issues are resolved either immidiately or the same day. Functions not in the system are actively developed and new functions developed for specific costumers often shared and benefitting all clients.
As we are still on our first season, I am in contact with Vidcruiter a couple of times per week with questions or suggestions, which are either resolved right away or followed up on. During the setup we had access to support as much as we needed for an easy and stress free start.