Overall Satisfaction with ViewPoint ProContractor
Viewpoint ProContractor is used at our company for earthwork and large area takeoffs. It is used in our estimating department and is then used to help our crews understand the site when working on the project. ProContractor is able to speed up the takeoffs when a CAD file is available for direct import.
- Procontractor is great with direct imports from CAD files.
- It is great with balancing sites or specific areas on site.
- Procontractor has multiple views and reports that help you to view the dirt movement on the site (grid, profile, 3D).
- Procontractor could do better with the quality of plan images it allows for importing in. We have plan sheets that will be downgraded in quality once imported. This makes the contour lines difficult to trace and see.
- Takeoffs for trenching could be added with greater detail options (cut classes, etc.).
- Procontractor allows our company to visualize the site and figure out the problematic areas that can't be seen just from plans.