Overall Satisfaction with VMware vSAN
vSAN is deployed in our branch locations with small vSphere clusters. It allows us to run storage within the same ESXi hosts without an external array required for shared storage. It has allowed us to use the existing drive bays in our ESXi hosts to create a software-defined SAN.
- Creates a software-defined SAN in a hyper-converged form factor.
- It's simple to deploy and configure.
- It integrates into existing vSphere tools and consoles, decreasing the learning curve.
- It allows us external access to storage with iSCSI connectivity.
- An expanded HCL could assist with more compatibility, becoming less of a problem as new versions are released.
- vSAN offsets our costs of maintaining a separate discrete storage array at each site.
- ROBO pricing lowers our TCO within the branch locations.
- SSD drive prices have decreased significantly, allowing a lot broader all-flash deployments for our uses.