January 31, 2022
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with VMware vSAN
We use vSAN for our virtual environment. We are currently running off of 6 servers. We are running multiple VMs off this setup. Our servers are spread across 2 different buildings but data is transferred seamlessly. It's a different setup than what I was used to but I like it now. It's nice to be able to just add more hardware to a server to increase performance.
- It allows us to run our virtual environment. The management is easy to use.
- It provides us with failover options incase a host goes down.
- It allows us to upgrade easily.
- I am not able to think of anything at this time. Having additional training information is always great.
- For us it has saved us money - upgrades are cheaper and easier.
- Less worry about downtime
- Can run update on the hosts during business. We do not need to worry about maintenance windows.
I came from environments where we used hosts and a san. The Sans are always very expensive and to add additional resources to the san it's in large amounts. Most of the environments only had a couple of hosts so downtime or outages were always a concern. Being able to spread the resources and hardware across multiple devices gave us reliability and security.
Do you think VMware vSAN delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with VMware vSAN's feature set?
Did VMware vSAN live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of VMware vSAN go as expected?
Would you buy VMware vSAN again?
It works great when you want to be able to collocate your serves. Whenever you want to add more hardware or another host it's easy to do. We have multiple hosts, so we have failover options. For us this is a great solution. This solution provides us with peace of mind that things will work well.