I support small eCommerce sites mainly managing their inventory. I have written many programs that call to the API to either update stock or manage orders.
- They have a very robust API to access many levels of the system.
- They allow small sites to get set up relatively easy.
- Their support is lacking when it comes to their API, even when the issues is clearly on their end.
- Updates can break API Calls
- Some aspects of the site are very limited
- Ultracart,Woo commerce,Noop Commerce,Bigcommerce
The choice is usually made by the time I get involved. They all have their advantages and disadvantages depending on the need of the business.
Good for someone looking for something quick and dirty. It lacks many features of some of the more well established products. It does not allow for completed customization and are limited to there out of the box solutions. The pricing is on the higher side to especially when it comes to bandwidth overages.