September 04, 2015
Score 6 out of 10
Websense Triton 7.7.3 with Appliance v5000 G2
- Web Secuirty - Hybrid
Overall Satisfaction with Websense
Two Websense appliances are installed onsite and at our co-location to filter Citrix users and onsite users. We leverage the hybrid filtering service for the users in our satellite offices worldwide. We had plans to filter protocols, however, policies were never implemented for this use so we still only monitor their use.
- Hybrid service works well and the reporting is fairly good for hybrid.
- Easy to navigate interface.
- It does not filter Citrix users well. We are still working around a user authentication issue on the Citrix boxes. This has not been resolved since we installed the appliances. I've contacted support several times and have received conflicting responses. No one has been able to resolve the issue.
- Gains in security and malware protection
- Prevent groups from accessing personal mail increased employee work productivity
Websense, at the time, was the only content filtering solution to offer a hybrid option of on-prem and cloud services. We are up for renewal soon and will likely compare them to other vendors.
Support has significantly improved. If you had asked me a year ago, if I would recommend Websense, I would have said no. We have experienced some issues with our Citrix environment but other than that it has some great features that we are using and others that we have yet to implement.