Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention
Ws are using this product to prevent data from leakage from internal environment to outside public environment. We have deployed this …
We are using Forcepoint DLP for preventing users from intentionally or unintentionally leaking data from the organization whether they are …
Our entire organization depends on Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention to protect our valuable data on Cloud, server and on-premises. Powerful …
Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is a data loss prevention software and due to the nature of this category, this tool is used as a web …
Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is [being] used across [the] organization to safeguard the sending of sensitive data outside the …
Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is exceptional and has pleased me and IT. So far it has only been implemented at our headquarters. And the …
The Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention solution has been used throughout our organization's region. There are two main problems to be solved …
We use Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention to avoid data leakage and protection. We carry out data monitoring and offer this solution …
We are a solutions provider to our clients who are facing compliance and security issues. There are multiple modules in Forcepoint and we …
It is used across our whole organization. It is helping us prevent unauthorized disclosure of member data.
We are currently using it on the Security team to track data exfiltration. We also allow Data Custodians from different departments to …
Forcepoint DLP is used bankwide. It addresses problems with data loss to network storage sites.
The IT department implements and manages the product, and it is deployed across the environment.
Forcepoint is used as a web proxy across the vast majority of the organization. The DLP product is used to monitor how and when people …
We use Data Loss Prevention across org and, it addresses problems like Data Loss of PII. We have deployed the agents as well on endpoints.
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Forcepoint DLP, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
24 people want pricing too
Forcepoint DLP promises to address human-centric risk by providing visibility and control everywhere your people work and everywhere your data resides. Security teams apply user-risk scoring to focus on the events that matter most and to accelerate compliance with global data regulations.
The vendor promises these benefits:
The vendor promises these benefits:
- Accelerate compliance
- Empower people to protect data
- Advanced detection and controls that follow the data
RESPOND AND REMEDIATE RISK
Traditional approaches to DLP overload users with false positives while missing data at risk. Forcepoint DLP applies advanced analytics to correlate seemingly unrelated DLP events into prioritized incidents. Incident Risk Ranking (IRR) provided with Forcepoint DLP fuses disparate DLP indicators into a framework of Bayesian belief networks to assess the likelihood of data risk scenarios, such as data theft and broken business processes.
VISIBILITY EVERYWHERE YOUR PEOPLE WORK, CONTROL EVERYWHERE YOUR DATA RESIDES
Today’s enterprises are challenged with complicated environments, where data is everywhere and requires the protection of data in places that aren’t managed or owned by the enterprise. Forcepoint DLP for Cloud Applications extends analytics and DLP policies to critical cloud applications so your data is protected, wherever it resides.
- Supported: Endpoint
- Supported: Cloud applications
- Supported: Discovery
- Supported: Network
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 5.3.
The most common users of Forcepoint DLP are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Incidents identification and escalation is easy
- Policy deployment is easy
- Blocking access to users
- Deployment on multiple servers is difficult
- Data discovery can be improved
- Machine learning technique can be improved
- Data leak prevention, as it is meant to do
- Application control, monitoring and blocking on users system
- Device control
- Website blocking
- Integration with Network DLP and other tools
- Deployment is tedious as there are multiple servers for multiple services
- Connectivity is not secure
- Cloud secure data protection.
- Unified policy enforcement.
- Risk-adaptive protection based on user behavior.
- The way to discover data at risk can be improved.
- Additional cost to professional support.
- Improvement to reporting days per week.
- It has predominantly protected us from unauthorized parties and has provided us with better visibility and control over our data.
- This software has also successfully prevented us from both malicious and accidental tasks, which are quite flexible actions when it comes to the violation of data loss prevention policies.
- This product has been successful in improving compliance and even mitigating compliance violations, which further facilitated IT security.
- I think there is room for improvement, as the user interface is slightly rough and difficult to adopt in the beginning. The software also hangs up at a few instances, which leads to some wasting of time and annoyance, but other than that, this software is good. The technical staff should work on the complexities for a better user experience.
- This tool would have been more effective if whitelisting was not restricted, as it should be able to adjust just so it can be read accurately.
- Fingerprinting is a little too sensitive, which should also be further strengthened when files are found.
- Performing finger printing
- Performing discovery tasks
- Detecting data from images using OCR
- Pre-defined policies
- Agent communication with data loss prevention servers
- Getting unwanted incidents using pre-defined policies
- Effective data leakage protection
- Email security
- URL filter
- It has a graphical interface for creating security rules
- Device information theft protection
- Good price
- URL filter with few categories
- Small instabilities
- Web content filter and proxy
- Can be expanded on demand
- Prevents theft of corporate information
- Fingerprint feature
- High-level and quality Forcepoint support
- More customization is lacking in the web content filter feature
- Reports of some false positives
- GUI is not so fluid
- Drip data loss prevention monitoring
- Digital data printing/OCR
- Unified data protection coverage
- Risk-based policy enforcement and native behavioral analysis
- Initial setup is not that simple
- It does not have an integration API
- Machine learning technologies and OSR technologies would be better
- The Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention Endpoint module is applied to secure data being used at endpoints, like from Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft capabilities, also other functions like email and FTP, Active Sync, etc. It secures the data in use at the endpoint.
- The Forcepoint Endpoint Data Loss Prevention Network Module is applied for the traffic being used in network capabilities like email, FTP, and web. It also secures the data on the move in the network.
- Forcepoint Data Discover--the capability to discover the data which is sensitive for the organization and lies across the network; with the discovery tool, we can define the data, which is important based on regulatory and compliance risk.
- OCR (optical character recognition) capabilities also come with the Data Discover Module, by which we can see the embedded text inside the image and that helps to prevent sensitive data theft.
- Forcepoint technical support--specially for users who go with essential support--is challenging to get support on time. You need the ticket to be raised long beforehand to get support from TAC. However, in the case of enterprise support, its is not like this technical person will come on a priority basis.
- However it comes with higher prices, especially for SMB, it is allowed to pay that amount for support only.
- Prevents data from leaving that we want to protect
- Ensures data leaving is encrypted if that is what we want
- Takes some time to get it tuned
- Requires tuning from time to time
- Tracks Removeable media based events well
- Provides in depth forensic analysis
- Whitelisting is limited. It should be adjusted so multi-tiered rules can be used accurately
- Fingerprinting can be too sensitive and when similar (not exactly the same) files are found, it can impede production
- Ability to identify PII
- Ability to alert on PII violations
- Ability to block uploads to all Personal Network Storage and Backup sites
- Notify of problems
- Customer Service
- Captures email attachments in their entirety.
- Recognizes printing.
- Limits on sizes of files.
- The reports require lots of clicking to get to.
- Prevents Data Loss
- Allows us to see what files are being touched
- Changing regex
- Provisioning canned policies such as PII, PCI and PHI data detection.
- Ability to detect sensitive data in compressed (zipped) attachments.
- Inability to OCR and detect PII delivered as a screenshot or image file.
- Lacking ability to alert when compressed file is password protected.
- Blocks sensitive data from uploading to Internet via Forcepoint proxy.
- Blocks sensitive data transmitted between application and even clipboard by Forcepoint DLP endpoint.
- Does not support latest medicare id format - MBI.
- Different to make whitelist and exception
- Audit Data Transfers to USB
- Block Data Transfers to USB
- Policies can be difficult to create
- Overwhelming amount of data is collected
- Track location of PHI.
- Track confidential information.
- The implementation is tougher than we initially thought.
- It would be great to just add the solution that requires seamless implementation.
- Database Fingerprinting to match my data exactly.
- Integration with Forcepoint Email and Endpoint Agents.
- Some inconsistency between module interfaces. Loading approve and block lists.
- Complicated setup.
- Easy to use
- Easy to manage
- Technical documentation is too complicated
- Too many products with different names. So, it can get confusing which product does what.
- Easy access to which categories would be blocked or allowed.
- Real-time blocking of hazardous sites.
- Remote filtering is not as advanced as we would like.
- Support time is not as quick as needed in most cases.
- Upgrades of appliances and software is not as easy as other solutions.
- HTTPS inspection needs to hand a valid cert and doesnt work correctly with all vendors.
- It is a very complete solution that addresses a wide range of different security issues and it does it well.
- Forcepoint's Technical Support is on the ball. They have improved greatly over the last 3 years.
- The level of professionalism from Forcepoint really completes the picture.
- I do have some issues with Forcepoint but they do listen to their customers. Many of our issues have been addressed.
- Real-time scanning
- Caching capabilities
- Easy to implement changes with good and clean UI
- Sometimes needs rebooting of appliances as throughput reduces
- Support improvement needed
- Navigating to appliances could be better
- Content Filtering
- Real Time security
- A more centralized UI, different components have different UIs to log into
- Better integration with third party products, they used to support SQUID but they no longer do