Likelihood to Recommend
It is useful in the following scenarios.1. For Android development when you use Java as your front-end language.2. For Android development and Kotlin development when you use Kotlin as an alternative to Java as your front-end language.3. For Android development when you use Flutter and Dart as in your front-end development.4. For Java development.
At first look we were not sure if WompMobile was well suited for E-Commerce because they had very few examples of E-Commerce sites within their portfolio. We spoke with the team at WompMobile and those concerns were tossed right out the window. I can't think of any scenario where WompMobile would not be able to provide the right mobile solution.
- Supports Gradle instead of Maven.
- Debug mode is excellent.
- Android Studio is not the unique product for Android development. IntelliJ IDEA is good for it too.
- It is open source software.
- No need to pay, free of charge product.
- It supports big community of other android developers.
- Provide Java to Kotlin code auto translation.
- Delivery. On time delivery of design and updates.
- Access. Whenever we have a question or need something communication is immediate.
- Best practices. Our speed and SEO scores are outstanding. When Google changes algorithms our mobile site is already prepped for it.
- Maintenance. If assets pulled from our main site create problems on mobile we are informed right away.
- Improvements. WompMobile regularly investigates and offers improvements to functionality as the mobile space develops.
- Unlike Eclipse, Android Studio has no concept of a workspace. Each window houses only one project. It's not very easy to jump between projects.
- Android Studio isn't lightweight. It consumes lots of memory and takes lots of time to perform certain tasks.
- I frequently see ignorable messages telling me that Android Studio has encountered an error (an error in the IDE, not an error in my code). I've never bothered to find the source of these messages because the messages go away quickly, and they don't keep me from running my code.
- Support Options. We struggled a bit with not having a 24x7 support option from WompMobile. Even though we haven't had to use it, and a global company like us would feel better with a 24x7 support option. We even expected to pay more to have that comfort for "just in case" scenarios. However, their speed in responding to your production issue has been phenomenal, and it makes you wonder if the current model is way better than a 24x7 support option where they might have to hire less costly labor who would take longer to resolve your issue.
- Test Environment. We struggled not having our test environment connected to their test environment. They have a test environment where they show you the changes, but it's not accessible through your test environment. It's a different concept.
- Reporting. WompMobile doesn't have a portal or dashboard for customers to see the hits and performance metrics of their site.
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 1 answer
Android Studio 9.3
Based on 9 answers
Overall support for Android Studio is quite good. As the project is maintained by Google itself, frequent updates are usually made to Android Studio to keep the IDE update and bug-free. Many community forums are also available to help developers across the world if they face any issue.
Based on 1 answer
- Debugging and testing are easy in Android Studio.
- The errors of the codes can be found easily in Android Studio.
- It has superior community support.
I have no basis of comparison. I stumbled upon WompMobile from a mention by This American Life (I think), and worked it out with them. Looked no further
Return on Investment
- Due to Android Studio's day by day improvement, our company is making Android applications in more and more effective and efficient ways.
- 24x7 support from Google and JetBrains is making our work running 24x7 smoother, and making our clients happier and happier day by day.
- Due to the awesome animation and transition tricks, we are providing our clients more than they expected.
- Our mobile site was pretty basic, but once WompMobile changed the site, we saw increased results across our site. Our site runs smoother than before, leading to more positive customer experiences.
- The site runs faster as well, allowing our customers to shop longer and quicker.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?