What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Apache OpenOffice is one good alternative to Microsoft Office when it comes to working with text documents, spreadsheets and presentations offline. It provides most features that MSO has but all that will not cost you anything. In addition, it runs on all platforms not only on Windows.However, for online collaboration and browser support, you should take a serious look at Google Docs.
- The program is free-ware. It can be quickly downloaded.
- Correcting typos and finding errors in text are easy with this program.
- OpenOffice documents can be saved in other formats such asthose from Microsoft and more basic ones.
- Its interface is fairly straightforward and relatively easy to use.
- For people used to Microsoft products, most of the basic functions are essentially the same.
- I don’t have anything to critique OpenOffice for
Employee in OtherDesign Company, 1-10 employees
Based on 2 answers
Apache OpenOffice may not quite have all the bells and whistles of Microsoft Office, but I chose it for one major reason: it is absolutely free. It is also fully functional as a free software. There is no trial, need to upgrade, or subscription plan. As a small business owner, when I was first starting out, I needed software that could meet my needs that also wouldn't break the bank. OpenOffice was the answer to my needs.
Return on Investment
- OpenOffice allows me to complete all the basic needs of the administration side of my small business.
- Any document that I have ever needed to create, whether that is an invoice, a quote, a receipt, or even a resume, I can create easily in OpenOffice.
- Without software like OpenOffice, I would not be able to operate my small business in a professional manner.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?