<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.6 out of 101
Based on 169 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Aras PLM works for our company, yet I don't have experience with any other software system. The system does not refresh and update quickly. Often times users need to force a refresh or logout and logon to verify changes and updates. The Lock and Unlock feature needs getting used to.
I work for a contract manufacture and we use Arena for all changes to BOM. This is helpful for customer owned designs and our in house designs. Any company that needs to keep tight revision control of a product should use Arena. It also gives approved employees access to files and documents important to the product.
- Aras PLM definitely controls documents and provides the approval levels needed to be compliant.
- Aras PLM makes organizing and structuring libraries logical and intuitive.
- The search tools in Aras PLM provides quick and efficient access to documents
- Implementation of the product was fantastic. We worked closely with our solutions architect and he trained the team to understand the product fully. During the first part of the project, it was overwhelming learning all aspects of the product. We wondered why he could not just move all the information from our old system to Arena. As we moved through the process and the team had a better understanding of the product, it was apparent why Arena equips the user with the knowledge and wants them to be the experts in Arena. At the end of the process we were experts in the product and could fix issues ourselves and understand how we could better use Arena to manage our parts.
- Arena has not had any major bugs or issues with their software. The product works as documented and designed.
- The help videos and documents are very helpful and easy to access by anyone in our organization. They can help themselves, rather than relying on IT support.
- Aras PLM uses terms and labels that can be confusing like Subsystem / Subsystem Version, Project Record Number (PRN). Companies need to understand these terms and develop business processes to set user standards.
- I personally use Aras PLM to manage information technology project documents. In my opinion, Aras PLM is more geared to product and engineering. I would like to see a general project management Aras PLM version with terms and labels that I am familiar with.
- The description field should be made required. Many of our engineers have created records and left that blank because it was not required. This would help with the context or background of each record.
- There were a few fields that we could not modify. They were standard fields that Arena would only allow specific data. It would have been nice to be able to modify the field and customize as we wished.
- We wish there was a shared user license. There are some users that might only use the product once per month. It would be nice if they did not need to hold their own user license to access information.
- When approving changes or requests, or completing a task in a project, it would be nice if the system automatically notified all down stream users with open items that the task was completed.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
Having worked previously with Windchill, I found Arena to be far more intuitive and easy to use, needing much less customization. Though the use of Windchill was at a much larger company, Arena was clear and flexible and able to meet our needs with only a fraction of the time needed for mere introduction of Windchill to its large user base.
Engineer in EngineeringConsumer Electronics Company, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
- Aras PLM has kept our company compliant and on the right side of audits with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Aras PLM keeps our project document history readily available and works well without stage gate review and approval processes.
- Getting the product to market that exceeds customer satisfaction and quality expectations requires both process and control that is consistent, predictable, and repeatable from design concept to high volume production. Arena delivers!!!
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?—
Additional Pricing Details—
Aras PLM More Information
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?