<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.8 out of 101
Based on 174 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Aras PLM works for our company, yet I don't have experience with any other software system. The system does not refresh and update quickly. Often times users need to force a refresh or logout and logon to verify changes and updates. The Lock and Unlock feature needs getting used to.
I would highly recommend Arena for any small startup up to a well-established company. Arena is very price competitive, easy to configure, and user-friendly. Arena integrates nicely to any existing ERP software or can be linked later in the process as needed.
- Aras PLM definitely controls documents and provides the approval levels needed to be compliant.
- Aras PLM makes organizing and structuring libraries logical and intuitive.
- The search tools in Aras PLM provides quick and efficient access to documents
- Links between requests, changes, and parts are easy to view and audit.
- Files are easy to attach for engineers and easy to find for everyone.
- Notifications for changes and required actions are sent to the right people.
Engineer in EngineeringComputer Networking Company, 51-200 employees
- Aras PLM uses terms and labels that can be confusing like Subsystem / Subsystem Version, Project Record Number (PRN). Companies need to understand these terms and develop business processes to set user standards.
- I personally use Aras PLM to manage information technology project documents. In my opinion, Aras PLM is more geared to product and engineering. I would like to see a general project management Aras PLM version with terms and labels that I am familiar with.
- The description field should be made required. Many of our engineers have created records and left that blank because it was not required. This would help with the context or background of each record.
- We would like to see more options for the admin to do updates or exports of the configurations of our workspace to view categories/attributes in a spreadsheet all at once. Also to view licenses and policies of our users.
- I'd like to see the supplier custom attributes expanded to be able to support multi-select dropdown, similar to what you recently created for Items attributes.
- We are anxiously awaiting the ability to customize the "supplier rating" field to something other than "approved/disapproved/unrated."
Likelihood to Renew
Aras PLM 9.0
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
I used Oracle Agile file server version as admin for about 8 years. In comparison, I believe Arena does offer some advantages ranging from flexibility, low cost to features. With continuous improvements, I believe Arena has a lot of potential and can be competitive in the PLMS space
Return on Investment
- Aras PLM has kept our company compliant and on the right side of audits with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Aras PLM keeps our project document history readily available and works well without stage gate review and approval processes.
- The cost to use and deploy Arena is low cost relative to other PLMS.
- Thus far, Arena gives us the ability to store critical data, track the changes and manage the hardware configuration effectively.
- We have not encountered application down time which is important to our operations.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?