Arena<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.6 out of 101
Based on 169 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I work for a contract manufacture and we use Arena for all changes to BOM. This is helpful for customer owned designs and our in house designs. Any company that needs to keep tight revision control of a product should use Arena. It also gives approved employees access to files and documents important to the product.
Very well suited for direct integration with CAD packages (Solidworks/ Auto desk Inventor or AutoCAD) and version control of CAD Model/Assemblies and Drawing files) and creating parts and document objects directly into Enovia and controlling their lifecycle from CAD Interface.Similarly, Enovia's Engineering central is already equipped with Industry standard ECR/ECO process which needs little customization for implementing Engineering Change management process.The hardest part in Enovia is controlling the disposition of released material for the downstream process in other ERP systems. For example, if a released material has gone for production or purchasing in ERP system/MRP system then dispositioning that material with Major revision (which may need manufacturing to stop the production due to faulty design) have no direct control to stop the downstream activities. Most cases its manual process to communicate with ERP team to for taking action. Similarly, revision of Documents (material Spec for example) linked to thousands of parts required special process (some time needs to schedule in the weekend).
- Implementation of the product was fantastic. We worked closely with our solutions architect and he trained the team to understand the product fully. During the first part of the project, it was overwhelming learning all aspects of the product. We wondered why he could not just move all the information from our old system to Arena. As we moved through the process and the team had a better understanding of the product, it was apparent why Arena equips the user with the knowledge and wants them to be the experts in Arena. At the end of the process we were experts in the product and could fix issues ourselves and understand how we could better use Arena to manage our parts.
- Arena has not had any major bugs or issues with their software. The product works as documented and designed.
- The help videos and documents are very helpful and easy to access by anyone in our organization. They can help themselves, rather than relying on IT support.
- Every revision of a part or document is a separate object, hence unlike SAP status control of an object is easy. The lifecycle of each object can be controlled by its own policy.
- It is easy to create new types of objects rather than pre-defined object types and control them by their own customized policy.
- Efficient Security and access control model for design and supporting documents file checkout and check-in and easy reporting mechanisms for tracking business activity, like how many parts being created/revised/obsoleted and who has checked out how many times etc.
- Generation of custom reports
- I find it frustrating that the filtering or logic for searches and for reports is different. A database query is a database query and I should have the FULL range of options (like looking for NULL values) everywhere, or using NOT in search logic, or using OR in search logic (available sort of, with the ANY search, but not in Reports)
- Extracting reports from the Quality world is very awkward. Because the details are stored with the field name in a long list, there should be CROSSTAB QUERY functionality built in to Arena that will allow me to extract data in a tabular format instead of a long list of different fields and data. [I currently have to take the output from Arena and put it into MS Access where I perform a CROSSTAB QUERY to reformat the data to a grid with each field in a different column.
- I would really like to see the functionality (well controlled) to allow Attributes to be DECOUPLED from Revisions, like the recent addition of Cost. I would like to be able to have an Inventory qty attribute for each of my factories, so that the Engineers have some sense of what is on hand when obsoleting a part. It goes beyond that and My intent is to have weekly uploads (refreshes) of Inventory data from the ERP systems used in our different facilities into Arena, where more people in the organization have access.
- When a part/assembly has been released in Enovia and gone for production or downstream processing, Enovia doesn't have much control, hence, Enovia should come up with an easy controlling mechanism for various disposition of parts and seamless communication with an ERP or downstream process.
- If a document is linked to thousands of materials then revising this document takes long time gets floated to the BOMs where the previous document versions are used. So, Enovia should have an efficient way to replace the floating process or another efficient mechanism for document revision processing.
Likelihood to Renew
Agile. Parts & Vendors.Agile is more complete, but also less flexible. I think that Arena completely beats it interms of the user experience.Parts and Vendors is old, unsupported and has a VERY limited functionality in comparison.
When evaluating Enovia as a PLM product the following Enovia stacks came out as a positive feature compared to other PLMs available on the market.1. User-friendly interface2. Easy to Integrate with CAD systems for the manufacturing Industry3. It is quite easy to implement the Interface with ERP/MRP system (like SAP, Oracle manufacturing)4. Availability of 3rd party ENOVIA -SAP interface and easy to plug in between two systems
Return on Investment
- Dealing with vendors and a manufacturing team across the globe is definitely easier with Arena than our previous database plus Excel sheets.
- Mistakes have been halved now that approvals are forced on teams, so now all the required people are reviewing items before they are approved for release.
Engineer in EngineeringComputer Networking Company, 51-200 employees
- Easy learning curve for the users- Very user-friendly Interface for Engineering central make the users happy and easy to learn the BOM creation and Engineering change management process.
- Time-saving - Seamless Creation and revision process of objects saves a huge amount of time compared to other systems.
- Easy to copy existing business data and modify them as required.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?