<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.6 out of 101
Based on 169 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I work for a contract manufacture and we use Arena for all changes to BOM. This is helpful for customer owned designs and our in house designs. Any company that needs to keep tight revision control of a product should use Arena. It also gives approved employees access to files and documents important to the product.
Very well suited for direct integration with CAD packages (Solidworks/ Auto desk Inventor or AutoCAD) and version control of CAD Model/Assemblies and Drawing files) and creating parts and document objects directly into Enovia and controlling their lifecycle from CAD Interface.Similarly, Enovia's Engineering central is already equipped with Industry standard ECR/ECO process which needs little customization for implementing Engineering Change management process.The hardest part in Enovia is controlling the disposition of released material for the downstream process in other ERP systems. For example, if a released material has gone for production or purchasing in ERP system/MRP system then dispositioning that material with Major revision (which may need manufacturing to stop the production due to faulty design) have no direct control to stop the downstream activities. Most cases its manual process to communicate with ERP team to for taking action. Similarly, revision of Documents (material Spec for example) linked to thousands of parts required special process (some time needs to schedule in the weekend).
- Searching. The advanced search is very flexible yet guided to narrow down a search to a short list when you are trying to find something
- Our migration from Agile and Parts and vendors was complex, but well supported. The transition team met with us weekly and responded quickly to our concerns and issues. Our experience may have been extreme, but Arena stood by us and helped us navigate many tough situations.
- Administering and reconfiguring the database is very straightforward and quick. I love the fact that an Engineer can come to me and say, "I need this new parameter for a capacitor" and I can resolve his request in 2 minutes.
- Every revision of a part or document is a separate object, hence unlike SAP status control of an object is easy. The lifecycle of each object can be controlled by its own policy.
- It is easy to create new types of objects rather than pre-defined object types and control them by their own customized policy.
- Efficient Security and access control model for design and supporting documents file checkout and check-in and easy reporting mechanisms for tracking business activity, like how many parts being created/revised/obsoleted and who has checked out how many times etc.
- Generation of custom reports
- The training management module does not have a built in way to drill down to see and individual user's training record. This seems like an easy feature to add.
- No way to link fields/dynamically populate forms. I'd like to be able to choose from between, say, Medical and Commercial and have only the fields necessary for that device type be required or shown.
- More flexibility in reports - tying modules together would be very useful.
- Ability to customize views - choose columns to display in default view.
Manager in OtherMedical Devices Company, 201-500 employees
- When a part/assembly has been released in Enovia and gone for production or downstream processing, Enovia doesn't have much control, hence, Enovia should come up with an easy controlling mechanism for various disposition of parts and seamless communication with an ERP or downstream process.
- If a document is linked to thousands of materials then revising this document takes long time gets floated to the BOMs where the previous document versions are used. So, Enovia should have an efficient way to replace the floating process or another efficient mechanism for document revision processing.
Likelihood to Renew
When evaluating Enovia as a PLM product the following Enovia stacks came out as a positive feature compared to other PLMs available on the market.1. User-friendly interface2. Easy to Integrate with CAD systems for the manufacturing Industry3. It is quite easy to implement the Interface with ERP/MRP system (like SAP, Oracle manufacturing)4. Availability of 3rd party ENOVIA -SAP interface and easy to plug in between two systems
Return on Investment
- This form .....Irrespective of Arena, we have not looked at ROI. Also, I believe that the people that first started setting up Arena at Novanta made some very poor choices that are causing us pain points. Again, these choices are not a reflection of Arena as a company or as a PLM system. Unfortunately, the Oracle EBS team was in charge of the Implementations / System Configuration. Even though the Arena SA strongly recommended they NOT do some things, they did them anyway. These configuration choices have caused more work and cycle time rather than less, in many cases.
- Easy learning curve for the users- Very user-friendly Interface for Engineering central make the users happy and easy to learn the BOM creation and Engineering change management process.
- Time-saving - Seamless Creation and revision process of objects saves a huge amount of time compared to other systems.
- Easy to copy existing business data and modify them as required.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?