<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.8 out of 101
Based on 176 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I would highly recommend Arena for any small startup up to a well-established company. Arena is very price competitive, easy to configure, and user-friendly. Arena integrates nicely to any existing ERP software or can be linked later in the process as needed.
Very well suited for direct integration with CAD packages (Solidworks/ Auto desk Inventor or AutoCAD) and version control of CAD Model/Assemblies and Drawing files) and creating parts and document objects directly into Enovia and controlling their lifecycle from CAD Interface.Similarly, Enovia's Engineering central is already equipped with Industry standard ECR/ECO process which needs little customization for implementing Engineering Change management process.The hardest part in Enovia is controlling the disposition of released material for the downstream process in other ERP systems. For example, if a released material has gone for production or purchasing in ERP system/MRP system then dispositioning that material with Major revision (which may need manufacturing to stop the production due to faulty design) have no direct control to stop the downstream activities. Most cases its manual process to communicate with ERP team to for taking action. Similarly, revision of Documents (material Spec for example) linked to thousands of parts required special process (some time needs to schedule in the weekend).
- Arena allows for easy customization and this is beneficial because the company can set up the PLM to meet their specific needs and tailor it to their business.
- The interface is very user friendly and this helps to eliminate the apprehension of using a system for an employee who is not a computer expert.
- Policies and user groups allow administrators to control what certain employees can and cannot see. This control keeps data accuracy intact and helps to create a structured approach to data acquisition.
- Every revision of a part or document is a separate object, hence unlike SAP status control of an object is easy. The lifecycle of each object can be controlled by its own policy.
- It is easy to create new types of objects rather than pre-defined object types and control them by their own customized policy.
- Efficient Security and access control model for design and supporting documents file checkout and check-in and easy reporting mechanisms for tracking business activity, like how many parts being created/revised/obsoleted and who has checked out how many times etc.
- Generation of custom reports
- There were a few fields that we could not modify. They were standard fields that Arena would only allow specific data. It would have been nice to be able to modify the field and customize as we wished.
- We wish there was a shared user license. There are some users that might only use the product once per month. It would be nice if they did not need to hold their own user license to access information.
- When approving changes or requests, or completing a task in a project, it would be nice if the system automatically notified all down stream users with open items that the task was completed.
- When a part/assembly has been released in Enovia and gone for production or downstream processing, Enovia doesn't have much control, hence, Enovia should come up with an easy controlling mechanism for various disposition of parts and seamless communication with an ERP or downstream process.
- If a document is linked to thousands of materials then revising this document takes long time gets floated to the BOMs where the previous document versions are used. So, Enovia should have an efficient way to replace the floating process or another efficient mechanism for document revision processing.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
No answers yet
We were looking at using our ERP - IQMS to take the place of Arena but it didn't even come close to having the functionality and ease of use that Arena has. Omnify PLM came in and gave a demonstration and the management team choose Arena over them in a vote that wasn't even close.
When evaluating Enovia as a PLM product the following Enovia stacks came out as a positive feature compared to other PLMs available on the market.1. User-friendly interface2. Easy to Integrate with CAD systems for the manufacturing Industry3. It is quite easy to implement the Interface with ERP/MRP system (like SAP, Oracle manufacturing)4. Availability of 3rd party ENOVIA -SAP interface and easy to plug in between two systems
Return on Investment
- Since we haven't introduced a product, this is a difficult question to answer with a useful number. I can say that Arena has become a tool that everyone in the organization counts on and is the first place to look for anything.
- Easy learning curve for the users- Very user-friendly Interface for Engineering central make the users happy and easy to learn the BOM creation and Engineering change management process.
- Time-saving - Seamless Creation and revision process of objects saves a huge amount of time compared to other systems.
- Easy to copy existing business data and modify them as required.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?