Reviews (1-1 of 1)
February 16, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Enovia V6 is being used by all our Engineering groups across the whole organization. It is primarily being used for processing Engineering change management and when the design is complete and ready for production it pushes to various ERP systems for manufacturing and downstream processing. Engineers are using this PLM system day-in and day out for managing parts, design documents (CAD documents) and other supporting documents and controlling their lifecycle ..starting from creation, moving to major/Minor revision, on to obsoletion. Works seamlessly with integrating with other ERP system. This is very flexible compared to other PLM systems which have both advantages and disadvantages. Comparatively easy to implement and saving time.
- Every revision of a part or document is a separate object, hence unlike SAP status control of an object is easy. The lifecycle of each object can be controlled by its own policy.
- It is easy to create new types of objects rather than pre-defined object types and control them by their own customized policy.
- Efficient Security and access control model for design and supporting documents file checkout and check-in and easy reporting mechanisms for tracking business activity, like how many parts being created/revised/obsoleted and who has checked out how many times etc.
- Generation of custom reports
- When a part/assembly has been released in Enovia and gone for production or downstream processing, Enovia doesn't have much control, hence, Enovia should come up with an easy controlling mechanism for various disposition of parts and seamless communication with an ERP or downstream process.
- If a document is linked to thousands of materials then revising this document takes long time gets floated to the BOMs where the previous document versions are used. So, Enovia should have an efficient way to replace the floating process or another efficient mechanism for document revision processing.
Read Biplab Mondal's full review
Very well suited for direct integration with CAD packages (Solidworks/ Auto desk Inventor or AutoCAD) and version control of CAD Model/Assemblies and Drawing files) and creating parts and document objects directly into Enovia and controlling their lifecycle from CAD Interface.
Similarly, Enovia's Engineering central is already equipped with Industry standard ECR/ECO process which needs little customization for implementing Engineering Change management process.
The hardest part in Enovia is controlling the disposition of released material for the downstream process in other ERP systems. For example, if a released material has gone for production or purchasing in ERP system/MRP system then dispositioning that material with Major revision (which may need manufacturing to stop the production due to faulty design) have no direct control to stop the downstream activities. Most cases its manual process to communicate with ERP team to for taking action. Similarly, revision of Documents (material Spec for example) linked to thousands of parts required special process (some time needs to schedule in the weekend).
Enovia Scorecard Summary
Dassault Systèmes S.A. is a French company and a world leader in the production of 3D design software, 3D digital mock-up and product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions.
Categories: Product Lifecycle Management