Likelihood to Recommend
Overall Audacity is a great program for audio editing in a wide range of uses. It is quick and easy to start using it for basic tasks but has the functions to do more advanced tasks with a little understanding of the interface. Audacity has many editing options available and a wide range of keyboard and mouse shortcuts so anyone using it professionally would be able to navigate it quickly and efficiently.It is available on the three main computer platforms, Windows, MacOS and Linux, and being open source software it has the source available for those that want to change it and make the product better. Audacity is a small download and small install meaning start up is quick, and running multiple instances is possible and doesn't hog machine resources.The only time I think it may not be suitable is for complete novices that may need a program with less options or features as the amount of options, switches, and sliders in Audacity could be confusing for them.
Manager in Information TechnologyComputer Hardware Company, 11-50 employees
VEGAS Pro is the essential software for all companies that want to edit their videos with unsurpassed quality. I definitely recommend this software for any company, it does not matter if it is small, medium or large, in the same way it will provide excellent results and will allow video editing to be more advanced, that you can edit the video frames, colors, apply filters and also allows audio and video timing modifications. VEGAS Pro is a fairly complete service, it offers advanced functions to be able to edit videos in a professional way, applying details that cannot be applied with other platforms.It is a service that is not very demanding with respect to the characteristics of a computer, since it only requires 4GB of RAM and a decent graphics card. The most noticeable negative point in VEGAS PRO is that you have to wait a long time for the rendering of the videos, despite having a computer with good performance, the rendering usually takes a while. However, I think it would be a success for any business because of the advanced video editing features.
- Audacity has a wide variety of controls and capabilities for editing, making it a very robust tool for audio editing.
- Even though it's a robust tool, it is very easy to use to get many basic things done in audio editing. The learning curve is small.
- Love that audacity is free! What else could you ask for? There really is no reason not to use it.
- Vegas Pro handles all manner of source materials, including a wide variety of video formats, still photos in a wide variety of formats, etc. It handles them all in a consistent manner and outputs everything in a consistent manner. Other video editing programs we've used in the past often had problems with mixing different sources.
- Vegas Pro works well and performs efficiently without requiring super high-end hardware. It doesn't need a $1500 video card or other high-end components to work. Of course, it will work better with better hardware, but it doesn't require top-of-line hardware to be useful.
- Vegas Pro comes with many transition effects, video filters, audio effects, audio filters, etc. Almost everything you need to do professional-quality video and audio is built-in. With a few low-cost add-ons, you can do even more.
- The user interface theme has only two options, light and dark. It would be better if it was more customizable.
- Sometimes there is a lag or break when opening the software.
- There is no option to listen to the audio live with effects while you are recording.
- It would be good if it was available in the Apple format.
- It is advisable to download multiple codecs that would allow one to open different video formats.
- Make sure that your computer has enough memory to handle the demands you put on your computer.
- I use a Macbook Pro with Bootcamp on Windows 10.
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
VEGAS Pro 10.0
Based on 1 answer
The best and easiest editor I have ever used. I have used everything as an Emmy-Award-winning news journalist, and this program has always done what I needed it to do. Nothing less than the best out there and can get the job done.
Based on 17 answers
The best support comes from communities and blog posts, but there really is no authoritative answer for anything. You basically have to wing it. However, since there's no financial barrier to entry, everyone is creating their own help documents so you're bound to find a solution.
VEGAS Pro 8.6
Based on 8 answers
Because Vegas Pro is widely used software, the user interface is similar to smartphone editing tools. That is why learning time is very short in Vegas Pro. Whenever you have a question YouTube is your best support assistant. You don't need to contact anyone.
Consultant in Research & DevelopmentPublic Relations and Communications Company, 501-1000 employees
Audacity holds its own against the leading industry competitor software, Audition. For free software, it is incredible the range of options and features that you can find in the paid alternative. Audacity allows us to roll out the software to large teams and get them up to speed in a matter of days, where everyone is on the same page. They can install the software on work and home computers and have access anywhere.
First of all, VEGAS Pro is absolutely and by far easier to use with no doubts about it. I didn't need one class to start using VEGAS Pro while these other options require far more training and research. It's a Windows-based program first and so, unlike these other choices, uses typical Windows conventions with lots of right-click options and the kind of simplicity you would see in a Microsoft product.
Return on Investment
- I was able to make loops of my music to sell on royalty-free music sites years before I had my Mac Pro.
- Able to quickly edit music and other audio tracks on a PC without having to purchase a separate program, allowing us to upload more creative videos without having to spend extra money.
Account Manager in OtherE-Learning Company, 1-10 employees
- VEGAS Pro has had a positive impact on being able to rapidly produce short video clips demonstrating product and UX functionality and bugs.
- VEGAS Pro has also had a positive impact on being able to easily make short video ads for mobile, such as Instagram, and for editing YouTube videos.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Audacity Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
VEGAS Pro Editions & Modules
|Vegas Pro 18||$599.00|
|Vegas Pro 18 Edit||$399.00|
|Vegas Pro 18 Edit Suite||$799.00|