Likelihood to Recommend
We create the resource stack with AWS CloudFormation. We can manage all the resources as a bundle. We can update the entire stack by updating the AWS CloudFormation template. It is very easy to delete the entire resource with AWS CloudFormation. If we do those resource creations and manage them manually, then we need to do lots of manual involvements. When we use AWS CloudFormation, we can reduce time to create and manage resources.
TeamCity is well suited for an organization using continuous integration, meaning you release code to production often, and an agile project management system. There are free versions available for small teams and enterprise versions available for large teams with many different builds.TeamCity is probably overkill for basic e-commerce or blog website builds that do not require much development after the initial launch
- Infrastructure Provisioning
- Stack Visibility
- Auto Rollback
- Console for History and Tracking
- Better Integration with AWS Services
- Fully customizable build process. Each step of the build process can be parameterized and customized to address specific needs of particular applications. This allowed us to easily convert from a custom VM-based environment to our current Docker-based environment.
- Manages large numbers of build agents seamlessly. This allows us to run multiple builds on many different applications in a most efficient manner.
- Build steps can be managed in an arbitrary manner, allowing some parts of the process to proceed in parallel while restricting others to depend on completion of all relevant steps.
- Better examples
- There are oddities with the yaml aspects of it, that make it a bit cumbersome
- A template for use cases that are easily fillable - or just some place to start.
Employee in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 1001-5000 employees
- It is not plug and play thing
- Need more specific configurations for smaller projects as well
- Online help is less available
- Basic implementation is easy but I think feature add on can be complex as it involve some language knowledge as well.
Engineer in Research & DevelopmentFinancial Services Company, 10,001+ employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 3 answers
TeamCity runs really well, even when sharing a small instance with other applications. The user interface adequately conveys important information without being overly bloated, and it is snappy. There isn't any significant overhead to build agents or unit test runners that we have measured.
AWS CloudFormation has more features and robustness. It is suited for professional projects since it provides stability and a wide variety of options for configurations. These include not only dividing stacks by specific code changes, but also in regions. This allows more granularity and control over all stacks. If you want to delete them all just by a region, you can do it.
TeamCity is a great on-premise Continuous Integration tool.Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) is a hosted SAAS application in Microsoft's Cloud.VSTS is a Source Code Repository, Build and Release System, and Agile Project Management Platform - whereas TeamCity is a Build and Release System only.TeamCity's interface is easier to use than VSTS, and neither have a great deployment pipeline solution. But VSTS's natural integration with Microsoft products, Microsoft's Cloud, Integration with Azure Active Directory, and free, private, Source Code repository - offer additional features and capabilities not available with Team City alone.
Return on Investment
- Reduced AWS resource creation time
- Reduced existing AWS resource management time
- Reduced manual involvements on AWS resource creation
- Better AWS CloudFormation improve the log mechanism
- TeamCity has greatly improved team efficiency by streamlining our production and pre-production pipelines. We moved to TeamCity after seeing other teams have more success with it than we had with other tools.
- TeamCity has helped the reliability of our product by easily allowing us to integrate unit testing, as well as full integration testing. This was not possible with other tools given our corporate firewall.
- TeamCity's ability to include Docker containers in the pipeline steps has been crucial in improving our efficiency and reliability.
Engineer in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 10,001+ employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
AWS CloudFormation Editions & Modules
|Free Tier - 1,000 Handler Operations per Month per Account||$0.00|
- per handler operation
Additional Pricing DetailsThere is no additional charge for using AWS CloudFormation with resource providers in the following namespaces: AWS::*, Alexa::*, and Custom::*. In this case you pay for AWS resources (such as Amazon EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancing load balancers, etc.) created using AWS CloudFormation as if you created them manually. You only pay for what you use, as you use it; there are no minimum fees and no required upfront commitments. When you use resource providers with AWS CloudFormation outside the namespaces mentioned above, you incur charges per handler operation. Handler operations are create, update, delete, read, or list actions on a resource.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
TeamCity Editions & Modules
|100+ Agents||Contact sales team|
- per license