Likelihood to Recommend
In the company environment to dispense information to our agents and allow them a location to go to at any time to review is a big plus for our company and our agents. It would be less suited if you're going to use it as a venting point for employees for I can see it just turning to a situation where people could get hurt and bashed.
- Blogger hosts the pictures you use in your posts. There's no need to host them elsewhere and link to them.
- The interface is clean and easy to use.
- Blogger is never down. It's always up and response is fast.
- When comments are as the author of the post when you post a comment back it should be more threaded and either a symbol or icon should designate the poster. It is hard to determine who the poster is compared to who left a post.
- As a company that uses the blog for our agents, it would be nice if they would allow custom ads to be run.
- It would be nice if they would add a chat feauture within the blog so that if a poster would like to chat with us they would be able to.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 2 answers
It meets my needs perfectly. I don't need a fancy, customizable blog template. Having said that, Blogger does offer a lot of design options to choose from and you can always tweak the design if you're comfortable with HTML.
Based on 2 answers
Blogger has a simple layout with descriptive instructions when you first sign up. It can be intimidating at first but is easy to learn through simple navigation and a little trial and error
Based on 1 answer
Have a plan written out for yourself, you can always make changes as you go. It's more difficult to build a Blog if one doesn't even know what the Blog is going to be about. It's best to plan what your Blog is going to be about and what your audience is going to be and what you want to accomplish before you start building.
We started out using a WordPress plugin for doing blogging and found that we had to test out numerous ones due to them just plan not working or they were built very poorly that it hurt the performance of the site. The plugins we tested didn't have the ability to allow us to customize the site as much as we would like to make it fit our website and our brand.
Return on Investment
- Before using Blogger, we were sending out information to agents via email and they would either delete them or just not find them. Now since we keep all the information in one place, it has cut down repetitive questions and has given our agents a voice as to what is working for them and what is not.
- We don't have any hard numbers, but we have heard back from our agents that the blog posts help them and not have to rely on contacting support stuff as often to find answers to simple questions.
- The only negative impact felt so far is with a few select agents leaving negative feedback to blog due to personal issues they have with policies within the company.