Support for real-time and batch integration
Data quality services
Data security features
Likelihood to Recommend
Dell Boomi is well-suited as a middleware to talk between systems. I am a personal fan of Dell's products and I enjoy this service. Dell Boomi is very easy to use, even to the less technically-inclined user. It is less appropriate to use in one system alone, but users would still find it functional in one system alone because it helps manage the system's metadata and allows that system to be integrated with other systems in the future.
Employee in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 201-500 employees
- Pre-built connectors to almost anything which greatly reduce time to release of your integration needs.
- Easy to use development platform with drag&drop features. Non-technical people could build simple integration processes in no time.
- Great user community where you can get quick help if needed. Boomi people hang around there a lot.
- More from a development perspective. It is always difficult to use the properties features. It takes a while to understand how the data/variables can be used across an integration.
- Dell Boomi should also invest more on API Management and not just seen as a ETL,ESB tool.
- Should roll out features more often based on users reviews.
Engineer in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 501-1000 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
$550 per month
Boomi Editions & Modules
- per month
Additional Pricing Details—
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 9 answers
Dell Boomi has provided us with the ability to connect our campus together using our various existing platforms. There are many supported features and have yet to run into something that we cannot do. Its user interface is very intuitive which would allow users to begin developing fairly easily. There is a myriad of resources available
Analyst in Information TechnologyHigher Education Company, 1001-5000 employees
Based on 5 answers
My IT and Finance teams have noted that setting up the tool is a breeze. Dell Boomi has never caused an issue during a system implementation that I am aware of. We are pleased with the tool and recommend others consider it.
Executive in Finance and AccountingInternet Company, 1001-5000 employees
Based on 10 answers
The atom sphere takes a time to load, when I open a process or when I open a log. One more slow processing is when I import objects from NetSuite.
About the performance of processing, it looks like Boomi takes a time to initialize some things such as connectors before starting the process. This is also performance we have.
Based on 4 answers
Boomi support was responsive and knowledgable, however being a closed cloud service, it doesn't have good community support. We found the learning curve to be steep and there aren't avenues like google, forums, or blogs that provide community driven insight into the product or how to go about designing solutions using the tool
C-Level Executive in Information TechnologyRetail Company, 1001-5000 employees
I would choose Boomi every day for real-time integrations. I really enjoy using it. I would struggle to recommend using it for a batch application unless you really had to. SSIS seems like it would be a better choice if doing batch jobs but the learning curve is much higher than Boomi. I wouldn't use DataPower if I had to transform the data.
Return on Investment
- It has allowed us to scale significantly without having to add headcount, specifically those geared towards data entry. We went from a $10m ARR business to $200m ARR business with the same amount of Order Processors and 12x amount of transactions by leveraging Boomi to perform a lot of the work, and then having the Order Processing team to simply review that the transaction was processed successfully.