Reviews (1-2 of 2)
We are currently using Actian DataConnect's Hybrid Cloud Data Warehouse solution. It provides high performance and is powerful enough to handle the data volume, complexity, and fields of our data storage. It frees up much of our local hardware space allowing for our local programs to run much more efficiently.
If your company houses a lot of data locally and needs to free up space, the Actian DataConnect Hybrid Cloud Data Warehouse is an excellent solution for the price. It also allows for complex queries and even some basic data analytics, like Market Basket Analysis. Their free trial period is extremely convenient and you may discover more uses for it than you originally think.
Read Kyle Moninger's full review
Actian DataConnect is a great product for data storage, processing, and complex querying. It also has the added benefits of basic data analytics and data mining. We were surprised at how easy it was to perform Market Basket Analysis. I would highly recommend this system to a large business and encourage you to start a free trial period.
March 27, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
We use Actian DataConnect to load data in and out of Oracle CRM On Demand and Oracle Sales Cloud. The inbound data comes from many different sources including JD-Edwards, SAP, IMS, and other CRM type products. Most of the outbound data feeds to other systems via CSV type of files. We use DataConnect for our customer base. Each customer has their own licenses and we support their integrations.
- The large connector base for DataConnect is outstanding. However even when they do not have a custom connector, they have a web services Invoker which allows you to connect to any web services.
- The underlying scripting language is Visual Basic-ish. Very easy to start.
- The product has been around a long time, through multiple company acquistions, and still is a competitive player via pricing.
- Support team is awesome.
- Large user community.
- Integration Manager needs better scheduling improvements. Like dependencies, and not running a process again if the prior run is still running.
- New connector development does not seem a priority.
Read David Byrd's full review
The choice to use Actian DataConnect really comes down to pricing and the type of integration project you are performing, specifically with the requirements, whether you want the integration to be on-premise or in the cloud, can you install agents on your servers etc. For integration tools it runs head to head with its competitors.
Actian DataConnect Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Actian DataConnect?
Originally developed by Pervasive Software, the Actian DataConnect (formerly Actian Integration Hub) is data integration technology.
Categories: Data Integration
Actian DataConnect Technical Details