<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.1 out of 100
Based on 202 reviews and ratings
Data model flexibility
Deployment model flexibility
Likelihood to Recommend
Best suited when edge devices have interrupted internet connection. And Couchbase provides reliable data transfer. If used for attachment Couchbase has a very poor offering. A hard limit of 20 MB is not okay. They have the best conflict resolution but not so great query language on Couchbase lite.
Employee in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 1-10 employees
- Couchbase performance is exceptional both for in-memory and persisted transactions.
- Handling of node failures and cluster rebalancing (high availability).
- Enterprise support from Couchbase themselves
- Good documentation
- Streaming of bucket (database) level mutations via their Database Change Protocol (DCP).
- Replication of datasets between native clients and Couchbase buckets
- Handling of simultaneous writes to the same record with performance penalties
- The N1QL engine performs poorly compared to SQL engines due to the number of interactions needed, so if your use case involves the need for a lot of SQL-like query activity as opposed to the direct fetch of data in the form of a key/value map you may want to consider a RDBMS that has support for json data types so that you can more easily mix the use of relational and non-relational approaches to data access.
- You have to be careful when using multiple capabilities (e.g. transactions with Sync Gateway) as you will typically run into problems where one technology may not operate correctly in combination with another.
- There are quality problems with some newly released features, so be careful with being an early adopter unless you really need the capability. We somewhat desperately adopted the use of transactions, but went through multiple bughunt cycles with Couchbase working the kinks out.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 3 answers
I rarely actually use Couchbase Server, I just stay up-to-date with the features that it provides. However, when the need arises for a NoSQL datastore, then I will strongly consider it as an option
Based on 1 answer
Couchbase has been quite a usable for our implementation. We had similar experience with our previous "trial" implementation, however it was short lived.
Couchbase has so far exceeded expectation. Our implementation team is more confident than ever before.
When we are Live for more than 6 months, I'm hoping to enhance this rating.
Based on 154 answers
One of Couchbase’s greatest assets is its performance with large datasets. Properly set up with well-sized clusters, it is also highly reliable and scalable. User management could be better though, and security often feels like an afterthought. Couchbase has improved tremendously since we started using it, so I am sure that these issues will be ironed out.
Engineer in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 11-50 employees
Based on 5 answers
I haven't had many opportunities to request support, I will look forward to better the rating. We have technical development and integration team who reach out directly to TAM at Couchbase.
When it comes to data storage solutions it generally all densely depends on requirements which have to be met. Couchbase is a great choice for enterprise projects where scaling together with possibly the highest achievable performance is mandatory. Having pricing under control is yet another Couchbase highlight if comparing with its direct competitors. Finally, it allows to avoid vendor lock-in.
Employee in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 10,001+ employees
Based on 51 answers
So far, the way that we mange and upgrade our clusters has be very smooth. It works like a dream when we use it in concert with AWS and their EC2 machines. Having access to powerful instances along side the Couchbase interface is amazing and allows us to do rebalances or maintenance without a worry
Return on Investment
- Great performance.
- Leading Couchbase Lite capabilities for mobile use.
- Developers' learning curve with replica reads and multi cluster can be long. Needs guidance and nurturing.
- Cluster maintenance during OS patching, etc. has multiple ways to approach. Operational teams may need some guidance.
Manager in Information TechnologyAviation & Aerospace Company, 10,001+ employees