Likelihood to Recommend
Namecheap is well suited for anyone wanting to register a new domain. Their prices are extremely hard to beat and the renewal costs are also acceptable. They make the search easy so it's the best place if you aren't sure which domain name you want yet. I cannot think of any scenarios where it would be a bad idea to use Namecheap. You can't beat the free whois privacy.
- Domain search: When you search for a domain you'd like to register, they provide a list of alternative options using other top level domains (TLDs)
- Domain management: Managing domains in Namecheap is nice and simple. Plus, if you need to transfer ownership of a domain to another Namecheap user, the process is quite easy.
- Domain sales: Namecheap always has some great domain sales/promotions going on. Need to pick up a domain for 88 cents? Check Namecheap.
- Account security: They offer two factor authentication vie their Namecheap app. With that app, you're able to approve or deny login attempts. In my estimation, this is both easier and more secure than having a two factor auth security code emailed or sent to you phone.
- Support: Their live chat support is a great option for getting in touch and solving any issues you might be having.
- Hosting: They have some great low cost hosting options.
- I wonder if it's feasible to have bulk discounts or a loyalty program?
- They may have this already, but features to buy and sell premium domains, or browse ones for sale, would be great.
- We don't use their hosting because there are higher quality options, but it'd be great if they did better hosting so we could keep it all under one roof.
Based on 2 answers
They're decently responsive. Although agent switching can take a while they resolve most issues even though it may take a while.The knowledge base is decent but not always updated. Their agents are European and can sometimes struggle with the language but they try.I'd give them a 7 because I think although they're okay I still think they can go the extra mile like with siteground or another host.
Namecheap wins hands down on cost and ease of use. I have experienced zero compromise with using Namecheap. There was no trade-off to enjoy the cost savings. Namecheap does everything the other registrars do and more in some cases.
Return on Investment
- Namecheap has had a positive impact on my overall business objectives. We have been able to register more domains in less time and for less cost. The process of finding a domain and checking out couldn't be easier with these guys.
- The free whois privacy has saved us from many headaches because while it is free, it also prevents many annoying telemarketing calls and emails since our information is not floating around on the internet.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?