Likelihood to Recommend
Namecheap is well suited for anyone wanting to register a new domain. Their prices are extremely hard to beat and the renewal costs are also acceptable. They make the search easy so it's the best place if you aren't sure which domain name you want yet. I cannot think of any scenarios where it would be a bad idea to use Namecheap. You can't beat the free whois privacy.
- Namecheap's interface is clean, modern, and easy to navigate.
- Most other company gouge their customers on domain renewal costs, Namecheap does NOT.
- Namecheap's support service has always been fast, friendly, and 100% helpful.
- Dashboard layout: Occasionally I find myself struggling to find the right page to go to in the dashboard. Overall it's a decent design/layout, but I think there's room for improvement here.
Based on 1 answer
They're decently responsive. Although agent switching can take a while they resolve most issues even though it may take a while.The knowledge base is decent but not always updated. Their agents are European and can sometimes struggle with the language but they try.I'd give them a 7 because I think although they're okay I still think they can go the extra mile like with siteground or another host.
Namecheap is great in that they don't try to up-sell you like so many companies. My limited experience with Bluehost was notorious for them trying to pile on add-ons and features that, even after I cancelled my accounts with them, auto-renewed years later. Namecheap is incredibly straightforward with their purchasing, emphasizing in particular on domain names. The only up-sell they even attempt to make is for their domain name privacy service, which is inexpensive and, I imagine, a popular feature for privacy-oriented people or people who create personal websites and don't need their home address listed with their domain.
Return on Investment
- My clients love the service
- It is cheap for my own domains
- They have exceptional security so I know my clients and my own information are safe.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?