My Go-to Domain Provider for Ease and CostNamecheap is used as the primary provider of all my domain names, both business and personal. In the last 2 years, I have only used Namecheap for my domain names and they have become my domain registrar of choice. This solves the issue of having domains across many different providers and allows me to centralize all my domains. It addresses all my domain needs as well as domain privacy, which is included for free, unlike other providers.,Domain registration is easy. This is big because when finding the perfect domain name, you have to do a lot of domain checking to see what is available. Namecheap not only makes this easy, but they recommend other domains that you might like instead, if the one you want is taken. They also allow you to sell domains and buy premium domains from other sellers if they are already registered to them. Free Whois Guard & privacy. This is HUGE. All those annoying phone calls and emails you get the second you register a domain, they will stop when you start using NameCheap to register your domains. This is because they provide free Whois and domain privacy with all domains, for the life of the domain as long as it is registered with them. I love this and it is a huge selling point. Easy updating and management of domains. This is a must. At many time, I need to update the nameservers of multiple domains at once. Namecheap makes it extremely easy to do this and allows for bulk updating. Things also seem to propagate quicker than other domain providers.,When I registers a new domain, I wish it would automatically apply my nameservers of choice. I find myself having to go in and edit the nameservers every time I register a new domain, which seems to be often. However, I will say they do make it easy to update in bulk and it updates pretty quickly. Renewals could be more transparent. They offer some of the best prices on domain names but some of the domain names are only 99 cents. But when you read the fine print, it says they will renew at xx.xx dollars, sometimes 20-30 dollars. This is mostly with odd domain suffixes so doesn't really effect me too often. Domain transfers could be more affordable. I think that since they are gaining business when they transfer in a domain, they should make it more affordable to do so. At one point, I wanted to transfer about 10 domain names to them and ended up having to pay around $8 for each one. They could make this more affordable to compete with competition. I have used other domain providers that not only transfer a domain name in for less cost, but add an additional year to it as well.,10,Namecheap has had a positive impact on my overall business objectives. We have been able to register more domains in less time and for less cost. The process of finding a domain and checking out couldn't be easier with these guys. The free whois privacy has saved us from many headaches because while it is free, it also prevents many annoying telemarketing calls and emails since our information is not floating around on the internet.,HostGator, GoDaddy and GoDaddy Bookkeeping,HostGator, GoDaddy, Bing Ads, Twitter AdsAn aptly named company. Best place to discover and register domains.As a web design freelancer, Namecheap is my choice for searching for and registering domains. Their domain search engine is great, they often have fantastic sales, and as of recently, they're including Who Is Privacy for free. Namecheap is also my top pick for quality, low-cost hosting.,Domain search: When you search for a domain you'd like to register, they provide a list of alternative options using other top level domains (TLDs) Domain management: Managing domains in Namecheap is nice and simple. Plus, if you need to transfer ownership of a domain to another Namecheap user, the process is quite easy. Domain sales: Namecheap always has some great domain sales/promotions going on. Need to pick up a domain for 88 cents? Check Namecheap. Account security: They offer two factor authentication vie their Namecheap app. With that app, you're able to approve or deny login attempts. In my estimation, this is both easier and more secure than having a two factor auth security code emailed or sent to you phone. Support: Their live chat support is a great option for getting in touch and solving any issues you might be having. Hosting: They have some great low cost hosting options.,Dashboard layout: Occasionally I find myself struggling to find the right page to go to in the dashboard. Overall it's a decent design/layout, but I think there's room for improvement here.,10,Namecheap's low cost domain registration has kept those expenses as low as possible. The ease of managing domains through Namecheap has made sure I don't have to waste time in that area.,GoDaddy, InMotion Hosting, Media Temple IaaS Cloud and SiteGround Web Hosting,Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XDStraightforward domain name purchasing without the extra fluffWe're using Namecheap for the purchase and management of all our domain names. We chose to use Namecheap because we wanted to uncouple our hosting provider from our domain name purchases. In the event that we used a hosting company that soured on us (Arvixe being a perfect example), we'd like to have the ability to quickly point a domain name to a new hosting provider to make seamless hosting transition. Namecheap gives us that exact ability. They offer competitive prices, domain name privacy, and a magnitude of other hosting features that I personally have not taken advantage of. They also have an easy-to-use web interface and strong two-factor authentication for account security.,Good prices Strong security Independence from major hosting providers,Compatibility with certain browsers (which has been resolved as of late) The word "cheap" now shows up on your WhoIs records (they used to have another name on web records),10,Cost-effective means of buying multiple domain names,Bluehost and GoDaddy,Bluehost, DreamHost, 1&1Since I found Namecheap, I've been very happy with their servicesNamecheap is a great hosting platform for simple sites and purchasing domains. Their user interface is simple and modern. Their cPanel is great and modern and using it to point DNS to the right folder is easy to follow. I use them exclusively to purchase new domains and searching for domain records. They have quick and no-nonsense support. For the price point, Namecheap is fantastic for hosting simple sites and the only domain purchaser i trust.,Cpanel interface is fantastic and allows for 1-click installation of a few CMS Namecheap has a great search function for purchasing domains and looking up who already purchased a domain. User Interface for the checkout process is flawless,The Affiliate program they have that urge new users to pay $100 for SEO kits seams scammy.,10,Quick uptime means that we don't have to spent a lot of time troubleshooting or setting up the site. Their support has saved us many hours,Network Solutions,Buffer, Slack, Google Analytics,1Namecheap Domain Registration and DNSI use Namecheap to manage domain registration for a portfolio of properties. Namecheap also handles DNS for some of these domains. Where we use another DNS service Namecheap makes it simple to switch to another DNS provider. There is also very little lag time when making DNS changes, so our development processes aren't needlessly slowed waiting for DNS updates to propogate. Namecheap provides a simple to use and cost effective way to register and manage our domains. It's one of those services that just works and once you have it going you never really need to worry about it again.,Easy to use interface. The Namecheap site is simple to navigate for both technical and non-technical users. Great prices for a wide variety of domains. It's also easy to research and find domain names with a variety of TLDs for new projects or clients. Solid and fast DNS services. We've never had an issue with DNS when using Namecheap's DNS service and when we make updates to records those updates are available very fast.,Every so often there's a TLD that Namecheap doesn't offer. While the interface is easy to use, it could use some refreshing to look a bit more modern with some larger type in some places.,10,Having our domain and DNS infrastructure be rock solid has kept our sites running smoothly.,Network Solutions and GoDaddy,JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, Slack, Asana, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service), AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Relational Database Service, CloudFlare
Namecheap

Namecheap Reviews

Namecheap
Filter 11 vetted Namecheap reviews and ratings
Joseph Condon profile photo
November 17, 2018

Namecheap Review: "My Go-to Domain Provider for Ease and Cost"

• Domain registration is easy. This is big because when finding the perfect domain name, you have to do a lot of domain checking to see what is available. Namecheap not only makes this easy, but they recommend other domains that you might like instead, if the one you want is taken. They also allow you to sell domains and buy premium domains from other sellers if they are already registered to them.
  • Free Whois Guard & privacy. This is HUGE. All those annoying phone calls and emails you get the second you register a domain, they will stop when you start using NameCheap to register your domains. This is because they provide free Whois and domain privacy with all domains, for the life of the domain as long as it is registered with them. I love this and it is a huge selling point.
  • Easy updating and management of domains. This is a must. At many time, I need to update the nameservers of multiple domains at once. Namecheap makes it extremely easy to do this and allows for bulk updating. Things also seem to propagate quicker than other domain providers.
  • When I registers a new domain, I wish it would automatically apply my nameservers of choice. I find myself having to go in and edit the nameservers every time I register a new domain, which seems to be often. However, I will say they do make it easy to update in bulk and it updates pretty quickly.
  • Renewals could be more transparent. They offer some of the best prices on domain names but some of the domain names are only 99 cents. But when you read the fine print, it says they will renew at xx.xx dollars, sometimes 20-30 dollars. This is mostly with odd domain suffixes so doesn't really effect me too often.
  • Domain transfers could be more affordable. I think that since they are gaining business when they transfer in a domain, they should make it more affordable to do so. At one point, I wanted to transfer about 10 domain names to them and ended up having to pay around $8 for each one. They could make this more affordable to compete with competition. I have used other domain providers that not only transfer a domain name in for less cost, but add an additional year to it as well.
Namecheap is well suited for anyone wanting to register a new domain. Their prices are extremely hard to beat and the renewal costs are also acceptable. They make the search easy so it's the best place if you aren't sure which domain name you want yet. I cannot think of any scenarios where it would be a bad idea to use Namecheap. You can't beat the free whois privacy.
Read Joseph Condon's full review
Brandon Zell profile photo
August 16, 2018

Namecheap Review: "An aptly named company. Best place to discover and register domains."

• Domain search: When you search for a domain you'd like to register, they provide a list of alternative options using other top level domains (TLDs)
  • Domain management: Managing domains in Namecheap is nice and simple. Plus, if you need to transfer ownership of a domain to another Namecheap user, the process is quite easy.
  • Domain sales: Namecheap always has some great domain sales/promotions going on. Need to pick up a domain for 88 cents? Check Namecheap.
  • Account security: They offer two factor authentication vie their Namecheap app. With that app, you're able to approve or deny login attempts. In my estimation, this is both easier and more secure than having a two factor auth security code emailed or sent to you phone.
  • Support: Their live chat support is a great option for getting in touch and solving any issues you might be having.
  • Hosting: They have some great low cost hosting options.
  • Dashboard layout: Occasionally I find myself struggling to find the right page to go to in the dashboard. Overall it's a decent design/layout, but I think there's room for improvement here.
For purchasing and managing domain registrations, I've been very happy with Namecheap and would happily recommend them to my colleagues. When Google started offering domain registration, I was tempted to begin using them for all my new domains. They offer simple pricing and Who Is Privacy protection is included. The main catch? They're just more expensive then Namecheap. Why pay Google $60 for a domain I can get through Namecheap for $30? (and I'm not talking about a first year sale price).

As much as I love Namecheap, they're not my choice for quality hosting. It's not that their hosting is bad, but in my opinion their are better options. However, I do maintain a hosting account with Namecheap for myself.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
Derek Letellier profile photo
January 17, 2018

Namecheap Review: "Straightforward domain name purchasing without the extra fluff"

• Good prices
  • Strong security
  • Independence from major hosting providers
  • Compatibility with certain browsers (which has been resolved as of late)
  • The word "cheap" now shows up on your WhoIs records (they used to have another name on web records)
Namecheap is definitely a great option if you wish to purchase your domain names separate from your hosting provider. They've been great for our domain name hosting, but I don't know much about their web hosting or email options. However, I am of the philosophy not to have too many eggs in one basket and to use separate services so you have independence to choose your providers.
Read Derek Letellier's full review
Collin Berg profile photo
January 30, 2018

Review: "Since I found Namecheap, I've been very happy with their services"

• Cpanel interface is fantastic and allows for 1-click installation of a few CMS
  • Namecheap has a great search function for purchasing domains and looking up who already purchased a domain.
  • User Interface for the checkout process is flawless
  • The Affiliate program they have that urge new users to pay $100 for SEO kits seams scammy.
Namecheap is the perfect solution for getting your domains. $10 for .com domains is a great price and easy addons for privacy are inexpensive. Hosting with Namecheap is also one of the best solutions for simple sites that need brochure or blog style sites. Its perfect for new businesses that need an online presence fast.
Read Collin Berg's full review
Adam Brown profile photo
January 25, 2018

User Review: "Namecheap Domain Registration and DNS"

• Easy to use interface. The Namecheap site is simple to navigate for both technical and non-technical users.
  • Great prices for a wide variety of domains. It's also easy to research and find domain names with a variety of TLDs for new projects or clients.
  • Solid and fast DNS services. We've never had an issue with DNS when using Namecheap's DNS service and when we make updates to records those updates are available very fast.
  • Every so often there's a TLD that Namecheap doesn't offer.
  • While the interface is easy to use, it could use some refreshing to look a bit more modern with some larger type in some places.
Namecheap is my preferred choice for registering domains and managing DNS. I've never really run into a scenario, outside of needing a domain with a TLD that they don't offer, where Namecheap isn't well suited to anything domain/DNS related.

While Namecheap does offer other services, like email and hosting, I've never used it as I've always used dedicated hosting and email providers.
Read Adam Brown's full review
Chris Tuley profile photo
January 25, 2018

Review: "Namecheap, the fastest, easiest way to buy and manage domains!"

I have used Namecheap for the last several years as the sole provider for all of my domain names and WhoIs registration. I own 2 small businesses, a photography/videography company and a design company, and I have exclusively used Namecheap for my own companies domains. I also exclusively use Namecheap to purchase domains on behalf of my clients.
  • Domain Registration
  • WhoIs Registration
  • Hosting
  • Email communication can be excessive
  • Website could be modernized
  • Web application interface could be modernized
I have found Namecheap to be the easiest and fastest way for a user to register a domain name. This is essential to my operations when my clients are purchasing their own domains as it is incredibly easy for them to get what they need without being sold meaningless add-ons.
Read Chris Tuley's full review
Benjamin Bristow profile photo
January 29, 2018

Namecheap Review: "Great domain registrar"

Used by myself to purchase domains. Allows buying domains for very cheap prices with good support and a decent administration panel.
  • Cheap domains
  • Support
  • Administration panel
  • Email hosting limited
  • Own DNS limited
Well suited where a business or individual needs to purchase or manage their own domains.
Read Benjamin Bristow's full review

Namecheap Scorecard Summary

About Namecheap

Namecheap is a website domain name service offering providing easy domain name registration, and affordable hosting plans.

Namecheap Technical Details