Bluehost, headquartered in Orem, Utah, offers website hosting.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/t2/zg/6UQUAJA8VCSA.jpegGreat hosting companyI use Bluehost for my WordPress website hosting. Also, I am an affiliate. I use Bluehost for other customers as I build their websites. It makes it very simple to install WordPress and build a website.,Bluehost makes it easy to install WordPress. The sign-up process is fairly easy. They have a number of helpful add-ons to build a website.,Sometimes the login page does not function properly. You have to purchase hosting for the whole year instead of being able to pay monthly. It doesn't have the option to transfer hosting to another account. My customers have to sign up on their own.,10,It allowed me to get my website up and running and sell services. It is fairly low cost, so it was easy to recoup my investment. Having to pay for a whole year upfront made it take a little longer to get the return on my investment.,1&1,1&1, Shopify, GoDaddyBudget-friendly way to start your own website!Bluehost has allowed me to create my own website at the price of a cup of coffee each month. Bluehost links with my WordPress blog and allows me to customize, create, and analyze visitor data all in one website. It is efficient and helpful because it has all of the widgets needed at the click of a button.,Large pool of widgets available Ability to analyze visitor data easily Wide range of personal customization available to the website,Difficult to navigate - needed to use youtube videos to understand how bluehost operated The free versions of widgets and add-ons are limited Difficult to get things to sit in the exact place that you want them to while customizing,10,Bluehost has allowed me to have more visitors on my website blog Bluehost allows me to accrue money through the add-on "ads" widgets Bluehost provides an incentive for having other people create their own websites through BluehostUncomplicated Website Hosting ServiceI use three Bluehost services. I use WordPress Website Hosting Plus with SSL certificates (with dedicated IP) to keep my sites up and running. I also have SiteLock to protect against malware.,Uptime. I don't think my site has been down once since switching to Bluehost. The control panel is easy to navigate. I've added 3rd party IPs, vanity URL, DKIM and domain key entries with no issue. The automatic WordPress updates make maintaining the sites a breeze.,I have no feedback for improvement.,10,Website hosting with Bluehost is an afterthought. It's nice to not have to manage Wordpress updates and know I'm always on the latest and greatest version.,GoDaddyA complete managed hosting serviceBlueHost is a well-known web host widely awarded on many review sites and by industry insiders as a top choice for web hosting, although it typically is not our first choice. Bluehost currently hosts over 2 million websites globally and provides a wide variety of web server hardware options running primarily on a custom software stack based on cPanel & CentOS. Internally, Bluehost uses OpenStack & KVM virtualization for data center networking at scale. Many web designers and developers prefer Bluehost because of their strong dedication to the open source community. Bluehost is a decent choice for WordPress because of its Optimized Hosting for WordPress (OHWP) platform. Bluehost also provides various options for Shared, Cloud, VPS, and Dedicated web hosting plans for their customers.,Heavy focus on WordPress, with WordPress installed by default on all new accounts. Custom-branded cPanel with all of the industry standard features. Affordable cloud hosting with solid performance/reliability. Optimized plans specifically for WordPress and WooCommerce. Free & paid integrated SSL certificates for eCommerce websites. Personal & direct customer phone support based in the US. Numerous add-ons available, such as G Suite, Spam Experts, SiteLock, etc.,The basic hosting plan only allows you to host 1 website. Charges $149 for migrating your existing website over to them. No pro-rated refund after 30 days.,8,Account creation is extremely fast – anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes (case by case of course). cPanel + CentOS is an industry standard for a web server and domain administration, making it easy to manage settings for web development. All shared plans come with SSDs in a RAID 10 configuration.,WP Engine, HostGatorBluehost: a great place to start your online businessWe use Bluehost as our web hosting provider for multiple sites and domain names. It is primarily used by the Marketing and IT teams to manage our websites.,Setup is easy, and intuitive. Customer support is very helpful and responsive. It's easy for just about anyone to get started. Price is very competitive.,There are some functions that are hard to access. Advanced users may need more capability. Bluehost will install a plugin automatically in Wordpress that you may not want.,9,Bluehost was really easy to implement. Cost was extremely affordable for just starting out. It has not presented any challenges to our business.,Site5,Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CC
Bluehost

Bluehost Reviews

Bluehost
Filter 22 vetted Bluehost reviews and ratings

Dan Hanna profile photo
April 11, 2019

Bluehost Review: "Great hosting company"

• Bluehost makes it easy to install WordPress.
  • The sign-up process is fairly easy.
  • They have a number of helpful add-ons to build a website.
  • Sometimes the login page does not function properly.
  • You have to purchase hosting for the whole year instead of being able to pay monthly.
  • It doesn't have the option to transfer hosting to another account. My customers have to sign up on their own.
Bluehost is appropriate for anyone looking to build a WordPress website. Sometimes Bluehost isn't beneficial for those who want to pay on a month to month basis.
Read Dan Hanna's full review
Rebecca Vold Preston profile photo
December 31, 2018

Bluehost Review: "Budget-friendly way to start your own website!"

• Large pool of widgets available
  • Ability to analyze visitor data easily
  • Wide range of personal customization available to the website
  • Difficult to navigate - needed to use youtube videos to understand how bluehost operated
  • The free versions of widgets and add-ons are limited
  • Difficult to get things to sit in the exact place that you want them to while customizing
Inexpensive way to create and build your own website. It links to a blog or allows you to sell materials on a website. Bluehost is very versatile and a great way for people to build their own website.

Bluehost is very difficult and high-tech to navigate at first. I needed a lot of YouTube training to understand how to navigate the dashboard bar.
Read Rebecca Vold Preston's full review
Yvette Montague profile photo
December 02, 2018

Bluehost Review: "Uncomplicated Website Hosting Service"

• Uptime. I don't think my site has been down once since switching to Bluehost.
  • The control panel is easy to navigate. I've added 3rd party IPs, vanity URL, DKIM and domain key entries with no issue.
  • The automatic WordPress updates make maintaining the sites a breeze.
  • I have no feedback for improvement.
Bluehost is well suited if you would like to keep website management internally and you are looking for a low maintenance, secure and flexible solution. It's also great if you need to manage multiple sites.
Read Yvette Montague's full review
February 27, 2019

Bluehost Review: "A complete managed hosting service"

• Heavy focus on WordPress, with WordPress installed by default on all new accounts.
  • Custom-branded cPanel with all of the industry standard features.
  • Affordable cloud hosting with solid performance/reliability.
  • Optimized plans specifically for WordPress and WooCommerce.
  • Free & paid integrated SSL certificates for eCommerce websites.
  • Personal & direct customer phone support based in the US.
  • Numerous add-ons available, such as G Suite, Spam Experts, SiteLock, etc.
  • The basic hosting plan only allows you to host 1 website.
  • Charges $149 for migrating your existing website over to them.
  • No pro-rated refund after 30 days.
Bluehost is a decent all-around choice for web hosting with professional web development and domain management features that are particularly ideal for WordPress websites and blogs. They have a good reputation within the industry as a company that invests heavily in new technology and platform innovation. Bluehost has made a lot of improvements to customize their back-end administration (AMP & control panel) by working to improve the usability and design of the browser interface. Bluehost is primarily focused on customers who use WordPress and we would recommend either their hybrid cloud or managed WordPress platform, which provides everything that you need to build and maintain a popular website. All in all, Bluehost is a well-established brand that continually improves its hosting products, regularly upgrades their data center hardware, and is generally considered a leader in the development of new cloud hosting platform services.
December 08, 2018

Review: "Bluehost: a great place to start your online business"

• Setup is easy, and intuitive.
  • Customer support is very helpful and responsive.
  • It's easy for just about anyone to get started.
  • Price is very competitive.
  • There are some functions that are hard to access.
  • Advanced users may need more capability.
  • Bluehost will install a plugin automatically in Wordpress that you may not want.
Bluehost is great for entrepreneurs, small startups, and anyone wanting to get started blogging or publishing online. It may not be the best solution for large companies or enterprises, or developers who are wanting more flexibility.
November 10, 2017

Review: "Bluehost stacks up against the competition"

We develop websites and custom digital marketing strategies for businesses of all shapes and sizes. We have used Bluehost in the past when a client was looking for a value priced hosting plan. For the price, it is a good hosting plan, however, we have recently made a transition to a higher powered, more expensive platform.

• Good website speed and uptime.
  • Great hosting and domain pricing.
  • Good customer service.
  • Easier access to domain control and SSL integrations.
  • Better capabilities for WP based sites.
Great platform for a business that is just getting started, or does not have the finances to afford a high end platform. We run a pretty busy agency with lots of websites needing specific criteria. For those reasons, we now exclusively use a different platform.
Bruce Emmerling profile photo
September 08, 2017

Bluehost Review: "A powerful hosting service with solid performance"

Bluehost was used to host to Wordpress site for our organization. It offered fairly fast speeds, support for CMS packages with its Cpanel, and a great many options for tailoring the site. It was used as a front end website and blog for our members as well as visitors. We needed a solution for web hosting that would be solid uptime and at least average performance without hiccups. Essentially we needed a reliable service which Bluehost generally provided.
  • Bluehost worked very well with Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, and other CMS packages.
  • Installing functions and features through the Cpanel was very easy with Bluehost.
  • Bluehost provided solid uptime performance without too many hiccups.
  • Bluehost provides extensive options for different server needs
  • Bluehost could improve its customer service offerings.
  • The host company needs to improve its cost effectiveness.
  • While Bluehost offers good security, it has some security breaches over the past year.
Bluehost is really well suited for hosting a CMS site such as a Wordpress blog or Drupal commercial site. It really excels at CMS packages and features. On the other hand, it is a bit less supportive for new users that only need a limited website or service. It can also be a costly service when compared to other hosting company offerings. While it offers solid performance on average, other hosting companies may offer faster server performance. Since its customer service has become less than helpful, less experienced site managers may want to look elsewhere.
Read Bruce Emmerling's full review
Lee Wheeler profile photo
September 06, 2017

Review: "Very Pleased with Bluehost for 6+ Years"

Bluehost fulfilled our need to provide stable and reliable web hosting for our many client websites. Support is VERY helpful when problems do arise. I am very pleased with Bluehost and can honestly recommend them to other web professionals of any size.
  • Affordable price points
  • Friendly and knowledgeable support staff
  • Reliable web hosting
  • Years ago, we were forced to upgrade our hosting package to cloud services as the payment gateway was retired.
Bluehost is able to grow with you. We started with a very basic hosting package and over the years we now have nearly 50 websites hosted with Bluehost.
Read Lee Wheeler's full review
Don Burks profile photo
October 06, 2016

User Review: "Bluehost is the Best"

I use Bluehost, currently, for all of my own personal projects as well as hosting for other people. The use of the Bluehost service allows me to provide an all-inclusive solution for all of my needs as well as others. I use it for hosting, e-mail, file serving, and even hosting apps and services built on different languages and frameworks.
  • Bluehost has outstanding support.
  • Bluehost's e-mail service has always been top notch. The e-mail services and software that are provided are easy to configure, easy to implement.
  • Bluehost has some inconsistencies in their billing practices. I would appreciate a bit more transparency into their billing process, and billing representatives being advocates instead of customer service representatives.
  • Bluehost's functionality for delivering Ruby on Rails apps is sometimes confusing and difficult to implement.
  • Bluehost's support for NodeJS needs some serious improvement.
  • Bluehost does not make it easy for devops to make config changes to Apache.
Bluehost is an ideal solution for a user who has slightly more than minimal amount of devops knowledge. Particularly if you are looking to deploy LAMP stack applications or elementary Ruby on Rails apps, Bluehost is an ideal platform. Overall, hosting domains is effortless on Bluehost, and they make that incredibly easy for their users.
Read Don Burks's full review

About Bluehost

Bluehost, headquartered in Orem, Utah, offers website hosting.