Bluehost, headquartered in Orem, Utah, offers website hosting.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/t2/zg/6UQUAJA8VCSA.jpegThe Essential Website Hosting InvestmentBluehost is a well-known website hosting provider that I decided to move over to as it also hosted Wordpress. After 3 years with our previous provider, I was looking for a company that provided a more cost-effective plan that had some of the essential features required to host an e-commerce website that our clients could trust. After a few months of researching along with checking out comparison websites, it was clear Bluehost was the one that suited the direction we wanted to go.,Bluehost provides a cost-effective website hosting bundle for WordPress. Transferring a domain name was super easy and saved me money on the domain name and domain privacy renewal. Provides a basic free SSL certificate for all websites and offers unlimited websites on the pro plan.,Setting up wasn't difficult but I think for some having tutorial videos would have been better than screenshots. Provide more than one free domain on the Plus plan. Offer site migration - not an option I saw when I signed up.,9,Peace of mind - The positive with Bluehost is that it's cost-effective if you take out a 24 or 36-month plan as you get a greater discount. Knowing you have nothing to pay for a certain length of time means I can focus and invest in other areas of your business. More savings - I found that I was able to save on the transfer of my domain renewal, domain privacy renewal, and SSL certificate by joining Bluehost. The negative is that your renewal will be on the full price on the same length of the plan you initially signed up for so it's important to keep a note and reminder somewhere handly closer to the time.,9,9,,Bitly, Google Drive, Google AnalyticsGreat hosting companyI use Bluehost for my WordPress website hosting. Also, I am an affiliate. I use Bluehost for other customers as I build their websites. It makes it very simple to install WordPress and build a website.,Bluehost makes it easy to install WordPress. The sign-up process is fairly easy. They have a number of helpful add-ons to build a website.,Sometimes the login page does not function properly. You have to purchase hosting for the whole year instead of being able to pay monthly. It doesn't have the option to transfer hosting to another account. My customers have to sign up on their own.,10,It allowed me to get my website up and running and sell services. It is fairly low cost, so it was easy to recoup my investment. Having to pay for a whole year upfront made it take a little longer to get the return on my investment.,1&1,1&1, Shopify, GoDaddyBluehost - Great For Newcomers, Problematic For Existing HostingI used Bluehost to manage website assets for various small businesses that wanted a website designed and hosted. I also used it to manage domain name records.,Hosting tools were fairly intuitive. Billing was never a hassle.,Working with Bluehost support to move domains around (or away from Bluehost) was extremely difficult. Support team had a slow turnaround time in my experience with them.,4,Hosting through Bluehost was affordable for the services provided. WordPress compatibility was a plus for some of our client base.,GoDaddy and HostGator,GoDaddy, HostGator, KANA Express, Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS)A complete managed hosting serviceBlueHost is a well-known web host widely awarded on many review sites and by industry insiders as a top choice for web hosting, although it typically is not our first choice. Bluehost currently hosts over 2 million websites globally and provides a wide variety of web server hardware options running primarily on a custom software stack based on cPanel & CentOS. Internally, Bluehost uses OpenStack & KVM virtualization for data center networking at scale. Many web designers and developers prefer Bluehost because of their strong dedication to the open source community. Bluehost is a decent choice for WordPress because of its Optimized Hosting for WordPress (OHWP) platform. Bluehost also provides various options for Shared, Cloud, VPS, and Dedicated web hosting plans for their customers.,Heavy focus on WordPress, with WordPress installed by default on all new accounts. Custom-branded cPanel with all of the industry standard features. Affordable cloud hosting with solid performance/reliability. Optimized plans specifically for WordPress and WooCommerce. Free & paid integrated SSL certificates for eCommerce websites. Personal & direct customer phone support based in the US. Numerous add-ons available, such as G Suite, Spam Experts, SiteLock, etc.,The basic hosting plan only allows you to host 1 website. Charges $149 for migrating your existing website over to them. No pro-rated refund after 30 days.,8,Account creation is extremely fast – anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes (case by case of course). cPanel + CentOS is an industry standard for a web server and domain administration, making it easy to manage settings for web development. All shared plans come with SSDs in a RAID 10 configuration.,WP Engine, HostGatorBudget-friendly way to start your own website!Bluehost has allowed me to create my own website at the price of a cup of coffee each month. Bluehost links with my WordPress blog and allows me to customize, create, and analyze visitor data all in one website. It is efficient and helpful because it has all of the widgets needed at the click of a button.,Large pool of widgets available Ability to analyze visitor data easily Wide range of personal customization available to the website,Difficult to navigate - needed to use youtube videos to understand how bluehost operated The free versions of widgets and add-ons are limited Difficult to get things to sit in the exact place that you want them to while customizing,10,Bluehost has allowed me to have more visitors on my website blog Bluehost allows me to accrue money through the add-on "ads" widgets Bluehost provides an incentive for having other people create their own websites through BluehostUncomplicated Website Hosting ServiceI use three Bluehost services. I use WordPress Website Hosting Plus with SSL certificates (with dedicated IP) to keep my sites up and running. I also have SiteLock to protect against malware.,Uptime. I don't think my site has been down once since switching to Bluehost. The control panel is easy to navigate. I've added 3rd party IPs, vanity URL, DKIM and domain key entries with no issue. The automatic WordPress updates make maintaining the sites a breeze.,I have no feedback for improvement.,10,Website hosting with Bluehost is an afterthought. It's nice to not have to manage Wordpress updates and know I'm always on the latest and greatest version.,GoDaddyBluehost: a great place to start your online businessWe use Bluehost as our web hosting provider for multiple sites and domain names. It is primarily used by the Marketing and IT teams to manage our websites.,Setup is easy, and intuitive. Customer support is very helpful and responsive. It's easy for just about anyone to get started. Price is very competitive.,There are some functions that are hard to access. Advanced users may need more capability. Bluehost will install a plugin automatically in Wordpress that you may not want.,9,Bluehost was really easy to implement. Cost was extremely affordable for just starting out. It has not presented any challenges to our business.,Site5,Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CCA powerful hosting service with solid performanceBluehost was used to host to Wordpress site for our organization. It offered fairly fast speeds, support for CMS packages with its Cpanel, and a great many options for tailoring the site. It was used as a front end website and blog for our members as well as visitors. We needed a solution for web hosting that would be solid uptime and at least average performance without hiccups. Essentially we needed a reliable service which Bluehost generally provided.,Bluehost worked very well with Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, and other CMS packages. Installing functions and features through the Cpanel was very easy with Bluehost. Bluehost provided solid uptime performance without too many hiccups. Bluehost provides extensive options for different server needs,Bluehost could improve its customer service offerings. The host company needs to improve its cost effectiveness. While Bluehost offers good security, it has some security breaches over the past year.,6,Overall Bluehost had a good impact on our operations in terms of providing solid operations without periods of downtime. Bluehost provide a secure environment to accept transactions that could be trusted by clients and supporters. Bluehost offered a number of different server options, making it a platform that could scale up with our needs.,,Drupal, DreamHost, 1&1, WordPress, Joomla!, Microsoft Office 365, Check Point Endpoint Security, Norton Internet Security, Symantec Norton Security Premium, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, 8x8 Virtual Office Enterprise Suite, Cisco Cloud Web Security,Setting up a CMS site such as a Wordpress platform Installing new site features through Cpanel Setting up security measures to help protect a site,Obtaining customer service through chat Dealing with the yearly renewal process The need to purchase additional services,Yes, but I don't use it,6Very Pleased with Bluehost for 6+ YearsBluehost fulfilled our need to provide stable and reliable web hosting for our many client websites. Support is VERY helpful when problems do arise. I am very pleased with Bluehost and can honestly recommend them to other web professionals of any size.,Affordable price points Friendly and knowledgeable support staff Reliable web hosting,Years ago, we were forced to upgrade our hosting package to cloud services as the payment gateway was retired.,10,Very affordable quality hosting. Daily, weekly & monthly server backup and restore features are great to have - can be a life saver when something goes wrong!,,Podio, Google Drive, DropboxBluehost stacks up against the competitionWe develop websites and custom digital marketing strategies for businesses of all shapes and sizes. We have used Bluehost in the past when a client was looking for a value priced hosting plan. For the price, it is a good hosting plan, however, we have recently made a transition to a higher powered, more expensive platform.,Good website speed and uptime. Great hosting and domain pricing. Good customer service.,Easier access to domain control and SSL integrations. Better capabilities for WP based sites.,6,Bluehost is a great value. The pricing is hard to beat. This makes it an easy integration into any sales pitch. Makes time to go live and go live process fairly simple.,WP EngineBluehost is the BestI use Bluehost, currently, for all of my own personal projects as well as hosting for other people. The use of the Bluehost service allows me to provide an all-inclusive solution for all of my needs as well as others. I use it for hosting, e-mail, file serving, and even hosting apps and services built on different languages and frameworks.,Bluehost has outstanding support. Bluehost's e-mail service has always been top notch. The e-mail services and software that are provided are easy to configure, easy to implement.,Bluehost has some inconsistencies in their billing practices. I would appreciate a bit more transparency into their billing process, and billing representatives being advocates instead of customer service representatives. Bluehost's functionality for delivering Ruby on Rails apps is sometimes confusing and difficult to implement. Bluehost's support for NodeJS needs some serious improvement. Bluehost does not make it easy for devops to make config changes to Apache.,8,Bluehost has dramatically reduced the time it takes to deploy sites and services. This means that there is zero cost between development and deployment. Bluehost has made it difficult to move my sites and services off of their platform, as their domain registry services are missing some significant features. This increases the overall cost when/if a migration occurs. Bluehost's e-mail services are an incredible asset to all of the products deployed. Huge ROI.,AWS, Dreamhost and DigitalOcean
Bluehost

Bluehost Reviews

Bluehost

Filter 27 vetted Bluehost reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc profile photo
August 18, 2019

The Essential Website Hosting Investment

• Bluehost provides a cost-effective website hosting bundle for WordPress.
  • Transferring a domain name was super easy and saved me money on the domain name and domain privacy renewal.
  • Provides a basic free SSL certificate for all websites and offers unlimited websites on the pro plan.
  • Setting up wasn't difficult but I think for some having tutorial videos would have been better than screenshots.
  • Provide more than one free domain on the Plus plan.
  • Offer site migration - not an option I saw when I signed up.
I have already started recommending Bluehost to friends and other business associates that were in the stages of moving web hosting providers. For so many of them, they were paying ridiculously high monthly fees that didn't even include an SSL. Bluehost is definitely for the small business owner starting out with a budget and needing a website provider that offered the features that they could scale their business with. It's great for those that are comfortable with using Wordpress and are looking to create e-commerce trusted platforms. It is also a great investment for those who are planning or currently website designers who want to offer web hosting to their clients as it provides unlimited websites, storage and accounts on their plus plans. Bluehost is not for the small business owner who prefers to pay a monthly fee and does not have enough investment to pay for a 12, 24 or 36-month plan.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
Dan Hanna profile photo
April 11, 2019

Great hosting company

• Bluehost makes it easy to install WordPress.
  • The sign-up process is fairly easy.
  • They have a number of helpful add-ons to build a website.
  • Sometimes the login page does not function properly.
  • You have to purchase hosting for the whole year instead of being able to pay monthly.
  • It doesn't have the option to transfer hosting to another account. My customers have to sign up on their own.
Bluehost is appropriate for anyone looking to build a WordPress website. Sometimes Bluehost isn't beneficial for those who want to pay on a month to month basis.
Read Dan Hanna's full review
July 18, 2019

Bluehost - Great For Newcomers, Problematic For Existing Hosting

• Hosting tools were fairly intuitive.
  • Billing was never a hassle.
  • Working with Bluehost support to move domains around (or away from Bluehost) was extremely difficult.
  • Support team had a slow turnaround time in my experience with them.
If you're starting your website from scratch (i.e. purchasing a domain, looking for affordable hosting for newly created assets), then Bluehost will probably work fine for your needs. However, bear in mind that if you want to move to a competitor, Bluehost doesn't make it particularly easy to accomplish that.
February 27, 2019

A complete managed hosting service

• Heavy focus on WordPress, with WordPress installed by default on all new accounts.
  • Custom-branded cPanel with all of the industry standard features.
  • Affordable cloud hosting with solid performance/reliability.
  • Optimized plans specifically for WordPress and WooCommerce.
  • Free & paid integrated SSL certificates for eCommerce websites.
  • Personal & direct customer phone support based in the US.
  • Numerous add-ons available, such as G Suite, Spam Experts, SiteLock, etc.
  • The basic hosting plan only allows you to host 1 website.
  • Charges $149 for migrating your existing website over to them.
  • No pro-rated refund after 30 days.
Bluehost is a decent all-around choice for web hosting with professional web development and domain management features that are particularly ideal for WordPress websites and blogs. They have a good reputation within the industry as a company that invests heavily in new technology and platform innovation. Bluehost has made a lot of improvements to customize their back-end administration (AMP & control panel) by working to improve the usability and design of the browser interface. Bluehost is primarily focused on customers who use WordPress and we would recommend either their hybrid cloud or managed WordPress platform, which provides everything that you need to build and maintain a popular website. All in all, Bluehost is a well-established brand that continually improves its hosting products, regularly upgrades their data center hardware, and is generally considered a leader in the development of new cloud hosting platform services.
Rebecca Vold Preston profile photo
December 31, 2018

Budget-friendly way to start your own website!

• Large pool of widgets available
  • Ability to analyze visitor data easily
  • Wide range of personal customization available to the website
  • Difficult to navigate - needed to use youtube videos to understand how bluehost operated
  • The free versions of widgets and add-ons are limited
  • Difficult to get things to sit in the exact place that you want them to while customizing
Inexpensive way to create and build your own website. It links to a blog or allows you to sell materials on a website. Bluehost is very versatile and a great way for people to build their own website.

Bluehost is very difficult and high-tech to navigate at first. I needed a lot of YouTube training to understand how to navigate the dashboard bar.
Read Rebecca Vold Preston's full review
Yvette Montague profile photo
December 02, 2018

Uncomplicated Website Hosting Service

• Uptime. I don't think my site has been down once since switching to Bluehost.
  • The control panel is easy to navigate. I've added 3rd party IPs, vanity URL, DKIM and domain key entries with no issue.
  • The automatic WordPress updates make maintaining the sites a breeze.
  • I have no feedback for improvement.
Bluehost is well suited if you would like to keep website management internally and you are looking for a low maintenance, secure and flexible solution. It's also great if you need to manage multiple sites.
Read Yvette Montague's full review
December 08, 2018

Bluehost: a great place to start your online business

• Setup is easy, and intuitive.
  • Customer support is very helpful and responsive.
  • It's easy for just about anyone to get started.
  • Price is very competitive.
  • There are some functions that are hard to access.
  • Advanced users may need more capability.
  • Bluehost will install a plugin automatically in Wordpress that you may not want.
Bluehost is great for entrepreneurs, small startups, and anyone wanting to get started blogging or publishing online. It may not be the best solution for large companies or enterprises, or developers who are wanting more flexibility.
Bruce Emmerling profile photo
September 08, 2017

A powerful hosting service with solid performance

• Bluehost worked very well with Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, and other CMS packages.
  • Installing functions and features through the Cpanel was very easy with Bluehost.
  • Bluehost provided solid uptime performance without too many hiccups.
  • Bluehost provides extensive options for different server needs
  • Bluehost could improve its customer service offerings.
  • The host company needs to improve its cost effectiveness.
  • While Bluehost offers good security, it has some security breaches over the past year.
Bluehost is really well suited for hosting a CMS site such as a Wordpress blog or Drupal commercial site. It really excels at CMS packages and features. On the other hand, it is a bit less supportive for new users that only need a limited website or service. It can also be a costly service when compared to other hosting company offerings. While it offers solid performance on average, other hosting companies may offer faster server performance. Since its customer service has become less than helpful, less experienced site managers may want to look elsewhere.
Read Bruce Emmerling's full review
Lee Wheeler profile photo
September 06, 2017

Very Pleased with Bluehost for 6+ Years

• Affordable price points
  • Friendly and knowledgeable support staff
  • Reliable web hosting
  • Years ago, we were forced to upgrade our hosting package to cloud services as the payment gateway was retired.
Bluehost is able to grow with you. We started with a very basic hosting package and over the years we now have nearly 50 websites hosted with Bluehost.
Read Lee Wheeler's full review
November 10, 2017

Bluehost stacks up against the competition

• Good website speed and uptime.
  • Great hosting and domain pricing.
  • Good customer service.
  • Easier access to domain control and SSL integrations.
  • Better capabilities for WP based sites.
Great platform for a business that is just getting started, or does not have the finances to afford a high end platform. We run a pretty busy agency with lots of websites needing specific criteria. For those reasons, we now exclusively use a different platform.
Don Burks profile photo
October 06, 2016

Bluehost is the Best

• Bluehost has outstanding support.
  • Bluehost's e-mail service has always been top notch. The e-mail services and software that are provided are easy to configure, easy to implement.
  • Bluehost has some inconsistencies in their billing practices. I would appreciate a bit more transparency into their billing process, and billing representatives being advocates instead of customer service representatives.
  • Bluehost's functionality for delivering Ruby on Rails apps is sometimes confusing and difficult to implement.
  • Bluehost's support for NodeJS needs some serious improvement.
  • Bluehost does not make it easy for devops to make config changes to Apache.
Bluehost is an ideal solution for a user who has slightly more than minimal amount of devops knowledge. Particularly if you are looking to deploy LAMP stack applications or elementary Ruby on Rails apps, Bluehost is an ideal platform. Overall, hosting domains is effortless on Bluehost, and they make that incredibly easy for their users.
Read Don Burks's full review

About Bluehost

Bluehost, headquartered in Orem, Utah, offers website hosting.