Likelihood to Recommend
I do believe that many customers enjoy the fact that using Olark's Live Chat feature is a way of (more or less) instantly gaining access or insight to questions and further information. In today's overtly connected world, for some individuals, it's much easier to log onto their desktop, laptop, or some other mobile device and seek the help they need - and it seems that many individuals would rather do this than dial a phone number. For example, if a customer asks a very difficult question to answer on the phone, there could possibly be that awkward silence on the other end while you struggle to answer their question or concern. However, with Olark's Live Chat, that lapsed time isn't necessarily an awkward silence, but instead allows you a bit of time to think and respond appropriately. With regard to well-suited or less appropriate scenarios, I think the most important thing is to know your customer base and traffic flow to your specific site - what exactly do they prefer? What would they like to see in the future? What can you do to help them? How can you provide better customer service, and via what medium
Consultant in Customer ServiceStaffing and Recruiting Company, 51-200 employees
- It is easy to learn and implement.
- It is easy to set up and create shortcuts.
- It is very affordable!
Manager in Customer ServiceEntertainment Company, 51-200 employees
- It would be very helpful to send graphics (like screenshots) during chat sessions. Olark allows you to receive graphics but not send them.
- There is the occasional outage/downtime but it's usually back up and running pretty quickly.
- It would be nice if multiple users could share one seat, but they only offer one user per seat.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 5 answers
To be honest, renewal decisions are not currently within my power. Hypothetically speaking, I'm very comfortable with the platform, have used it daily for nearly a year, and would see no reason to switch to anything else. The small criticisms I had are not significant enough to deter me from using Olark. It's a user friendly, effective tool for our department.
Olark has an easier implementation process and has better functionality such as the ability to send commands through the platform to either create a ticket in your CRM or push an opportunity to salesforce; you're even able to 'push' the end user to a web page. Implementing their SDK is a snap as well.
Return on Investment
- Certainly better customer service. I know we have a bad site, but I've had customers say we have a great site many times before. I know Olark has something to do with this.
Employee in Customer ServiceComputer Software Company, 1-10 employees