Likelihood to Recommend
Utilizing Siteimprove is appropriate and well suited if you are using a content management system that is decentralized with a lot of different users responsible for specific types of content. Under this scenario, those users can be susceptible to making mistakes or not using best practices for accessibility, SEO, etc. Siteimprove would allow a select few top administrators to identify and correct those mistakes, in essence acting as the central gatekeepers for the website. Siteimprove would be less appropriate if your team is extremely small and you are spread thin with a lot of diverse and numerous job duties. It's worth noting this because although the tools may be great, you need to make sure that you and/or your team have the time necessary to devote toward using it to apply fixes and improvements. During the pandemic, our team became a team of 2 and there was almost no time to utilize Siteimprove. Now our team is back up to a team of 6 which allows for the ability for more website governance and utilization of Siteimprove.
Manager in MarketingEducation Management Company, 201-500 employees
- Inclusivity. Easy to create and maintain inclusive and high-quality content, protecting, protecting our brand reputation and reducing the risk of compliance lawsuits and fines.
- I like the site analytic tools built-in. It's much fun to work with and much more intuitively generates accurate analytics.
- Easy to use, the UI/UX is amazing and easy to customize according to users' preferences.
- I don't like that there are different navigation paths to go from point A to point B. When I want to navigate to a specific place, I have more than one way to get there, which means I have to make a decision about how I want to there and I'd rather the designer make that design based on what would be most efficient for me.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Based on 10 answers
I've used support often and it has been responsive, thorough and considerate of our needs. I can get a tech right away, they understand the issue, and work with us to resolve it. Often the problem is with the site we are trying to scan, sometimes it is with their product. I appreciate that they go beyond support into continually helping us implement SiteImprove in more places with 3rd party integration.
Siteimprove provides richer features when it comes to how granular you can define policies and metrics for search engine optimization and content relevance. It is also much easier to set up and maintain the sites that you want to administer. However, pricing wise is more costly which can be a constraint for smaller organizations.
Manager in Product ManagementInformation Technology & Services Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Return on Investment
- Siteimprove has helped bring our accessibility scores up from middling to near-perfect.
- Siteimprove has helped reduce our broken links, style violations and misspellings.
- Siteimprove's heatmaps have helped us make the case for enforcing best practices on the website among key stakeholders.