Likelihood to Recommend
UTM works great if you want a solid, obvious firewall. There's not a lot of second-guessing as to what you are about to do with every change you make. If you incorporate their wireless access points and RED (remote ethernet device) for remote users or small offices, it's considerably much easier to set up than other comparable solutions. If you are looking to manage your firewalls via the cloud, you are out of luck.
- Firewall Protection. The protection is unmatched, setup it a little daunting, but once set up it pretty much runs itself.
- Site-to-site VPN. Super easy to deploy so we are able to network all our sites together.
- The DHCP server function is actually really nice, I prefer using it over the traditional way of using a DC for DHCP.
- We have yet to be able to implement the mobile device management - I'm not sure if that's because it is difficult, or just a daunting task.
Sophos UTM 10.0
Based on 1 answer
The interface is no non-sense and easy to understand. No need for any consultants to help implement this solution. The performance is consistent and solid. Paired with a good amount of firmware and definitions, it's hard to find any fault in this product. It's interoperability with other Sophos products make a compelling argument to invest in more Sophos products.
Sophos UTM 6.5
Based on 2 answers
The week link of Sophos UTM is the customer support. I haven't had to use it often, but when I do, the wait times can easily be an hour or two. Once I am talking to someone, the support is excellent. The support agents are knowledgeable and can quickly diagnose the issue and get you to a resolution.
Supervisor in Information TechnologyPharmaceuticals Company, 51-200 employees
Unlike Sophos UTM, Dell SonicWall's features are mostly subscription based which means you'll have to purchase additional items such as VPN connectivity per user etc.
Technician in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
- It allowed me to add additional controls to my internet access, reducing my malware risks and allowing me to control access to websites easily.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?