Reviews (1-7 of 7)
- Common-Sense firewall setup
- Straight-forward multi-site VPN tunnel configuration
- Incorporate other Sophos products into your network infrastructure easily
- Isn't compatible with Sophos cloud offerings
- Sophos says they aren't phasing UTM out, but with UTM not being supported in their cloud offerings, their days seem numbered
- Support time could be a little faster
- Firewall Protection. The protection is unmatched, setup it a little daunting, but once set up it pretty much runs itself.
- Site-to-site VPN. Super easy to deploy so we are able to network all our sites together.
- The DHCP server function is actually really nice, I prefer using it over the traditional way of using a DC for DHCP.
- The UI is a bit dated albeit, it is very functional and everything is right at my fingertips.
- Better documentation. This hardware and software solution is amazing, but as I said previously, it can be a little daunting to set up.
I am happy to report that we have had no breaches or incidents since its implementation.
- Sophos was very easy to deploy.
- The management console keeps us up to date with all the happens of the product.
- We have yet to be able to implement the mobile device management - I'm not sure if that's because it is difficult, or just a daunting task.
- IPSEC VPNs are very easy to set up and I managed to get them to work with several different manufacturers on the other end.
- The user interface is reasonably clear and easy to search complex configurations.
- High availability is very easy to set up.
- When they were Astaro the customer service left a lot to be desired and the hardware could have some quality control problems. Support got much better when Sophos took over.
- Scalability, if you needed HA in Active/Passive Mode, but need more throughput during certain periods when the parameters change (i.e. number of users, or Internet bandwidth growth) you can always license the second one and it will behave as a Cluster in Active/Active mode in just 2 minutes, with no downtime.
- Delivers great WebGUI management, which is easily understandable by every IT Professional
- Worldwide RMA, gosh! If you have any kind of issue with your hardware, Sophos will deliver it to your business door, at no cost, with a return label for you to ship the damaged or faulty device back. No questions asked.
- Constant visionary technology, with out of this world new features.
- Better standard support, it used to be great, now, not so much (for paying customers, that only aquired the Hardware)
- Better wireless solution, there is always room for that, now that everybody needs robust wifi, even at home!
- Faster and more robust wireless Access Points, or different vendor-like compatibility.
- Daily Reporting is a great asset
- I love the free AV that I can deploy to my desktops and laptops at home.
- Make it easier to setup port forwarding and rules to allow certain things to go thru.
- More common settings to port forward and or whitelist things such as IPHONES, DROID's.
- When you allow a port to go thru have it automatically add the firewall rule
If it's a small business I feel that it may be difficult to set up and maintain for a small organization.
- Anti-spam is better than most standalone products and has a very low false positive rating
- Firewall rules are easy to set up and configure with a nice user-friendly interface
- Free VPN capabilities which does no require a subscription unlike most other firewalls
- Support is great but sometimes slow but other than that the product is the best in the market
Sophos UTM Scorecard Summary
About Sophos UTM
Sophos UTM is a Unified Threat Management solution. It provides the core firewall features, including Advanced Threat Protection, site-to-site VPN, web filtering, application control, and intrusion protection. Sophos also provides sandboxing capabilities to test possible threats in isolated environments, and uses AI to detect threats without relying on signatures. It also offers built-in traffic monitoring and reporting.
Sophos UTM can be deployed in a variety of formats, including as hardware (SG Series), as software, virtually, or cloud-based. It is customizable depending on the prioritization between high-availability, clustering, remote connectivity, centralization, and reporting capabilities. Sophos offers modularized services for tailored licensing.
Sophos UTM Technical Details