Sophos UTM is a firewall option, from the UK company Sophos.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/YS/pm/3JWD9S5MW3QO.pngSophos UTM is a perfect fitWe implemented Sophos UTM across our entire organization over 5 sites and to our entire remote salesforce. I feel Sophos has provided us the protection and security that an organization needs in this era of threats and attacks. I am happy to report that we have had no breaches or incidents since its implementation.,Sophos was very easy to deploy. The management console keeps us up to date with all the happens of the product.,We have yet to be able to implement the mobile device management - I'm not sure if that's because it is difficult, or just a daunting task.,9,Sophos came in right on budget for our needs - perfect ROI Security is like life insurance - you can always buy more, but finding that sweet spot where you are covered just right is key.,Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Symantec Advanced Threat Protection,JIRA Service Desk, KayakoSophos UTM - Almost unbeatableSophos was used as our primary firewall and unified threat management. We had two Sophos units installed for fail over purposes.,Anti-spam is better than most standalone products and has a very low false positive rating Firewall rules are easy to set up and configure with a nice user-friendly interface Free VPN capabilities which does no require a subscription unlike most other firewalls,Support is great but sometimes slow but other than that the product is the best in the market,10,It has done nothing but improve security.,Dell Sonicwall,PRTG Network MonitorSophos UTM the firewall for Network EngineersWe used Sophos UTM to provide a common manageable firewall infrastructure across over a dozen sites across the globe. It allowed us to protect the sites with URL filtering and anti-virus protection and create a global VPN for a competitive cost. The interface was easy to learn for our engineers and the central management tools helped me monitor the entire estate.,IPSEC VPNs are very easy to set up and I managed to get them to work with several different manufacturers on the other end. The user interface is reasonably clear and easy to search complex configurations. High availability is very easy to set up.,When they were Astaro the customer service left a lot to be desired and the hardware could have some quality control problems. Support got much better when Sophos took over.,10,It allowed me to add additional controls to my internet access, reducing my malware risks and allowing me to control access to websites easily.,Cisco ASA and SonicWall TZSophos UTM in a glanceSophos UTM and Sophos XG Appliances, deliver great security along with affordable pricing for every company. Sophos is great as a visionary company, keeping up with IT Managers' requests for features within their products (specially Sophos SG Appliances and XG NGFWs). Their hardware addresses a constant situation where many competitors fail; they are scalable, and tough (SSDs Hard Drives, and Intel latest generation processors is about it). Recently I found out an opportunity for us, as a company, to deliver something that many competitors fail at, HIGH AVAILABILITY with just 1 license. While other vendors, try to squeeze the companies for every penny, Sophos address that issue, and is honest about it: They deliver High Availability in Active/Passive mode, with two identical hardware options, with just one license (with their main competitor, you MUST buy two licenses, which makes the solution more expensive). Sophos is honest, with their products and technology.,Scalability, if you needed HA in Active/Passive Mode, but need more throughput during certain periods when the parameters change (i.e. number of users, or Internet bandwidth growth) you can always license the second one and it will behave as a Cluster in Active/Active mode in just 2 minutes, with no downtime. Delivers great WebGUI management, which is easily understandable by every IT Professional Worldwide RMA, gosh! If you have any kind of issue with your hardware, Sophos will deliver it to your business door, at no cost, with a return label for you to ship the damaged or faulty device back. No questions asked. Constant visionary technology, with out of this world new features.,Better standard support, it used to be great, now, not so much (for paying customers, that only aquired the Hardware) Better wireless solution, there is always room for that, now that everybody needs robust wifi, even at home! Faster and more robust wireless Access Points, or different vendor-like compatibility.,10,Great ROI when we decided to change all of our previous UTM products to this, since our team got trained, and the support cases hit rock bottom - almost NO support needed. Negative impact when we've been asked about a 300 Access Point solution for several projects and we can't deliver a robust wifi solution managed by the UTM. Great positive impact when our company decided to invest in Sophos by representing them, and we created a very strong goodwill partnership, and almost in every LatAm country everybody knew who Sophos is. Great advertising and marketing campaigns on the Sophos side.,Untangle NG Firewall and Fortinet FortiGateSophos UTM Home VersionI am currently using Sophos UTM Home Version to protect my connection at home.,Daily Reporting is a great asset I love the free AV that I can deploy to my desktops and laptops at home.,Make it easier to setup port forwarding and rules to allow certain things to go thru. More common settings to port forward and or whitelist things such as IPHONES, DROID's. When you allow a port to go thru have it automatically add the firewall rule,7,NA NA NA,
Sophos UTM

Sophos UTM Reviews

Sophos UTM
Filter 19 vetted Sophos UTM reviews and ratings
Jon Shurtliff profile photo
June 08, 2018

User Review: "Sophos UTM is a perfect fit"

• Sophos was very easy to deploy.
  • The management console keeps us up to date with all the happens of the product.
  • We have yet to be able to implement the mobile device management - I'm not sure if that's because it is difficult, or just a daunting task.
For a business our size, the pricing, functionality and feature set were just right. We have about 400 users and the deployment tools in Sophos UTM are just right to help us remove our old antivirus (AV) software and deploy all the new tools of this platform. My team had no complaints.
Read Jon Shurtliff's full review
June 15, 2017

User Review: "Sophos UTM - Almost unbeatable"

• Anti-spam is better than most standalone products and has a very low false positive rating
  • Firewall rules are easy to set up and configure with a nice user-friendly interface
  • Free VPN capabilities which does no require a subscription unlike most other firewalls
  • Support is great but sometimes slow but other than that the product is the best in the market
Small to large businesses - Sophos UTM will have you covered. It has every feature you need. During an ISO 27001 audit, the auditor was very pleased to know we were using Sophos UTM.
Karim Kronfli profile photo
April 26, 2017

Review: "Sophos UTM the firewall for Network Engineers"

• IPSEC VPNs are very easy to set up and I managed to get them to work with several different manufacturers on the other end.
  • The user interface is reasonably clear and easy to search complex configurations.
  • High availability is very easy to set up.
  • When they were Astaro the customer service left a lot to be desired and the hardware could have some quality control problems. Support got much better when Sophos took over.
It is easy to set up, and easy to learn, especially as you can get a free home license to use and play with. I use the virtual appliance at the moment and it just works.
Read Karim Kronfli's full review
Juan Carlos Sanchez Pignalosa profile photo
April 17, 2017

User Review: "Sophos UTM in a glance"

• Scalability, if you needed HA in Active/Passive Mode, but need more throughput during certain periods when the parameters change (i.e. number of users, or Internet bandwidth growth) you can always license the second one and it will behave as a Cluster in Active/Active mode in just 2 minutes, with no downtime.
  • Delivers great WebGUI management, which is easily understandable by every IT Professional
  • Worldwide RMA, gosh! If you have any kind of issue with your hardware, Sophos will deliver it to your business door, at no cost, with a return label for you to ship the damaged or faulty device back. No questions asked.
  • Constant visionary technology, with out of this world new features.
  • Better standard support, it used to be great, now, not so much (for paying customers, that only aquired the Hardware)
  • Better wireless solution, there is always room for that, now that everybody needs robust wifi, even at home!
  • Faster and more robust wireless Access Points, or different vendor-like compatibility.
Well suited, for people who are smart and practical about net security. Less appropriate where IT management, needs a fast wireless solution to be managed by the UTM. Sophos lacks of good Wireless AP's, and now that Sophos is in that field, they should address this weakness right away. Bottom line: Sophos is great in every scenario, except robust and fast wifi.
Read Juan Carlos Sanchez Pignalosa's full review
Jeffrey Gutter profile photo
July 26, 2016

User Review: "Sophos UTM Home Version"

I am currently using Sophos UTM Home Version to protect my connection at home.
  • Daily Reporting is a great asset
  • I love the free AV that I can deploy to my desktops and laptops at home.
  • Make it easier to setup port forwarding and rules to allow certain things to go thru.
  • More common settings to port forward and or whitelist things such as IPHONES, DROID's.
  • When you allow a port to go thru have it automatically add the firewall rule
I think its perfect if you have the time to set it up either on a VM or a physical server. I have not had the experience with their appliances.
If it's a small business I feel that it may be difficult to set up and maintain for a small organization.
Read Jeffrey Gutter's full review

Sophos UTM Scorecard Summary

About Sophos UTM

Sophos UTM is a firewall option, from the UK company Sophos.