Likelihood to Recommend
ThousandEyes works well for BGP monitoring (e.g. watching for hijacks, monitoring external reachability, etc.). If you are already using a tool to perform these functions like BGPmon, going with ThousandEyes can absorb a lot of those features and save on OpEx compared to running two different tools. ThousandEyes also does a great job with reports. A great example of this is tracking availability/uptime. You can build reports including information like "what percentage of time was I not down" and put together reports about how many nines you had last month and pat yourself on the back. If you didn't have a great month, it's possible to isolate incidents that may have led to that reduced uptime, and help yourself find leverage for upgrades or enhancement. As with any tool, ThousandEyes is not going to be a good fit for your organization if only one or two individuals are ever going to use it. At its core, it really shines as a collaborative troubleshooting tool; if you're the only one troubleshooting through ThousandEyes and other people or departments are using other tools, its usefulness starts to fade a bit.
Engineer in Information TechnologyInternet Company, 501-1000 employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Baseline threshold calculation
Network capacity planning
Wireless infrastructure monitoring
- Agent to Agent testing. Full round trip test. Have a customer using a Server Side API that is having an issue. Loan a Nuc, or have them install the ThousandEyes agent in their network. You'll find the issue guaranteed.
- Device Layer vision - ability to see from the server, through the Firewall, switches Proxy and internet. Measure jitter, latency, response time, load time and see the path your packet takes.
- Share your tests live. Provide the customer a link to a live test, they can see what you do, review your metrics and verify your tests. They can also use it as a tool to better their service. Build the trust and stickiness with your customers' most difficult users - the IT Operations team.
- Validate your QOS and routes for VOIP, video conferences, and data traffic. Highly flexible and configurable complete with transaction-based testing, custom headers, calls and tools to mimic any scenario you need.
- The EndPoint agent (client installed on the user's PC) has very limited functionality, mostly only to monitor web (HTTP/HTTPS) transactions.
- Synthetic monitoring only emulates connections to the respective server or other ThousandEyes agents. It does NOT emulate actual end-user transactions.
Based on 1 answer
You have online support from the tool itself 24/7 and they are very responsive. We also have a specific account manager and specific engineer assigned to help us with very specific questions for our environment. The level of response to our requirements is always super high. We have requested specific features to be added and these have been developed and introduced very quick tot he product (within weeks). Their DevOps and agile approach seems to pay off.
ThousandEyes stands out from its competition on the below points:1) Their endpoint stability and robustness are better than other tools, which ensures that we detect even minor disruption in our services.2) Reporting & Alerting in ThousandEyes is far better than its competitors. 3) ThousandEyes' gui is web-based, with an easy to use design.4) It can integrate well with other interfaces, hence making it adjustable to your current setup.
Engineer in Information TechnologyBanking Company, 1001-5000 employees
Return on Investment
- We use the product to monitor our servers/hardware and added an APM tool to measure application specific performance. Between the two products we were able to save money over a previous solution.
- ThousandEyes has a fast and efficient sales force and it is easy to get started with the product. You get to ROI faster with the tool because there is less overhead up front and the company is easy to contract with.
- We are able to get real time hardware data on our environment that we can TRUST! Overall this product has already paid for itself.
Project Manager in Information TechnologyBanking Company, 10,001+ employees
ThousandEyesSee All (3) ThousandEyes Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?