Reviews (1-2 of 2)
May 04, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
ConceptDraw PROJECT is being used by my department to manage projects across cross-functional teams.
- Integration with ConceptDraw MINDMAP makes work breakdown very easy.
- We have cross-functional teams where team members often work on different projects in parallel. The multi project management feature has been a blessing over these years.
- Another import feature is the availability of many different predefined report generation templates that made it very easy to communicate different aspects of the project to different stakeholders.
- We had to spend a good amount of time to understand all the features so some interactive built-in tutorials would have made getting started easier.
- The UI does not look so good in macOS Catalina Dark Mode and I often switch to light mode when working on this software.
- Multiple people working on the same project at a time cannot update as there is no way to synchronize changes so we put the file in our code repo but manually co-ordinate to make sure only one of us is changing the plan at a time.
Read this authenticated review
For small and medium companies or independent departments of large companies where usually an individual plans the projects this is the best tool without all the overheads of complex software like Microsoft Project and without any privacy concerns of all online project management tools being used today. Not that convenient when you want your employees to update timesheets, etc., as everything needs to be fed into the tool by the project manager.
January 03, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
We don't need to do a lot of formal project plans in our business, but when we do ConceptDraw PROJECT is a great economical way to put together a professional looking project. It has all the project tracking essentials: the Gantt chart, resource/budget tracking, the ability to combine multiple projects, and a reasonable number of reports. The interface is easy to use with a mouse, but the keyboard shortcuts take some getting used to (ctrl-rightarrow to indent a task?). It doesn't have the more advanced calculations for project time estimates that can be found in MS Project, but it can both open and export in the MS Project format as well as Excel and PDF so sharing with customers is easy even if they don't have the ConceptDraw suite. Overall this is a great product for the price and exactly what we need for putting together a few formal projects each year.
Read this authenticated review
Solid project software for developing and tracking small to medium sized projects without too much complexity.
ConceptDraw PROJECT Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ConceptDraw PROJECT
ConceptDraw PROJECT is a project management tool providing a set of options to plan and implement projects successfully, and belongs to the ConceptDraw OFFICE suite.
The core features of the tool are task and resource management and reporting, along with change control.
The vendor says managing multiple projects is simple due to the Gantt Chart and Multi-Project Views and shared Resource Pool.
Tasks that occur on a regular basis can be easily scheduled with the help of Split and Recurring Tasks feature.
The software has a wide range of Import and Export capabilities:
- MS Project 2007/2010
- MS Excel 2007/2010/2016
- MindManager vv7-16
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP
- Gantt Charts as PNG (Export only)
Project Baseline Cost allows users to track the difference between actual and planned spending.
Though the app is considered an on-premise tool, it has an online service for collaboration called ConceptDraw PROJECT Server. It works within all modern browsers and assists with sharing and editing the existing ConceptDraw Project documents.
ConceptDraw PROJECT Screenshots
ConceptDraw PROJECT Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Price varies for Individual, Commercial, Academic, Nonprofit and Government
ConceptDraw PROJECT Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ConceptDraw PROJECT Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|