Zoho Project is online project management and planning software that provides project teams with a web-based collaborative environment. Zoho Projects can also include a bug tracking module specifically design to support software development project. It is integrated with other Zoho products including Zoho CRM.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/JF/E9/TK62RU61RHJX.pngZoho Projects, though not instinctively-enticing, is efficient and feels very promisingOur organization has recently adopted Zoho Projects for our usability and user research division. It is being used to view, track, and manage individual tasks as well as the overall status of projects, each of which typically involve 5-15 team members. Often times each of our roles and responsibilities are essential to the project as a whole but do not always cross paths in the way of day-to-day tasks. Zoho Projects is aiming to provide us all with a central location to see project statuses without the need to reach out via email, phone, Slack, Skype, or any other means of communication.,Multiple views are available which allow me to choose which is easiest for me to review my projects and tasks. The ability to see others' tasks and responsibilities helps me to see where a project is in its timeline and estimate or know exactly when my tasks will be available and need to be completed. The dashboard view offers customizable widgets so I can truly make my dashboard work for me by only displaying the pieces that are relevant to my work and not be bombarded with illustrated graphs of data that have no relevance to my responsibilities.,Onboard training seemed a bit lackluster as far as my feeling excited and/or prepared to dive right into using Zoho. (In fairness, as our organization is early in the adoption phase, few projects have been implemented into Zoho and so there is not a lot to explore just yet). No initial drive or motivation to get started. Generally I am excited to use and explore new software or SAAS but, for reasons I have not yet identified, I did did not feel this with Zoho. Instead I quickly adopted a procrastination mindset of "I'll take a look at this later.",8,As a user (not purchaser) of Zoho, I cannot assess ROI financially but instead as a time-saver for myself. Having a central location to see the status of all my active projects is very convenient. Being able to see all my active and upcoming tasks is critical to ensure I do not miss something I had written on a post-it note or saw in an email but got lost or overlooked in the shuffle and business of other projects.,Qualtrics, Final Cut Pro X, DashlaneEasy to use good project managementWe are using Zoho Projects as our core project management tool. We utilize phases down to projects down to tasks as our base structure for the year. We build those into Zoho to help us track timelines and accountability. We use it at a department head level. We do not use it for specific task management at a base team member level.,The software allows for the inclusion of multiple users. It has multiple report options to generate result data . It lets you organize and process task lists with more structure.,It could offer better integration with other software like Google Docs and Gmail, etc. The document storage component doesn't work great with a wide variety of documents. It looks good, but in functionality we find it lacking and prefer to use more traditional cloud storage.,8,The software is well-priced and worth the investment. Overall, it has had a positive ROI for our team. It's helped us better communicate on long term objectives and the progress toward those objectives.,Asana and Streak,Google Drive, Calendly, TogglVery Similar Features to the Competition, but Much Easier to UseOur offshore software development team uses Zoho Projects to manage the projects they perform for us. This consists of full-stack development, from database storage to frontend web and mobile apps. We use it regularly to write up bugs and enhancements and monitor project progress. When we started working with this team we used Skype to communicate, but that resulted in a lot of things falling through the cracks. Zoho Projects helped us make sure everything gets triaged, and acted upon if necessary.,Ease of customization, without introducing a level of complexity that makes it difficult to manage. Simple workflows for common tasks like adding and assigning issues. Integration with other Zoho tools for organization-wide collaboration and information sharing.,The user interface design tends to lag behind other similar products. Reporting tools are limited. Requires customization to be suited for a real agile workflow.,9,Increased productivity of off shore team when we were added to their Zoho Projects implementation. A searchable history of changes that allows us to identify exactly when and why a change was made. Identification of areas of the software platform that are most resource intensive from a development perspective.,JIRA Software and Helix ALM (formerly TestTrack),G Suite, HubSpot, 1PasswordA simple straightforward project toolWe use Projects to manage on-boarding clients. We have about 6 people working on any given project startup, so this allows us to assign tasks to everyone involved and clearly see when something is done so the next steps can move on. This has greatly increased our efficiency!,Easy to define templates for task lists and projects Easy to see tasks by day and by project to always know what's ready or missing Easy to assign tasks to team members ad-hoc to ensure tracking is complete,Google Docs integration would simplify our workflow immensely More customizable data storage,9,Time savings, and minimized lost data/ tracking via email and messaging. It's all clearly in Projects now Easy to share data up the chain so people can see summary of status,,Zoho CRM, Google Drive, G SuiteBest FREE project management solution available for startups and small companiesWe use Zoho Projects to manage different projects undertaken by the company. It's being primarily used for product management task planning and execution. We also used projects for bug tracking and resolution because it was easy to understand and simple to operate. The best thing about Zoho Projects is the ability to switch between list and kanban mode, which allows my teams from different departments use Zoho Projects as per their liking.,It's particularly easy to get started for development projects. You can easily set it up with milestones for your projects and keep the activities on track. Bug reporting and tracking is good, although there are better tools in the market now. However, for a small startup, the free package of zoho projects adds huge value The best thing I liked about Zoho Projects was the ability to switch between kanban and list mode. This helps me give a clear picture of where we are with different types of activities, and then show me a list of activities with their details in one listical view.,I think providing more functionality that can be directly used in a Scrum team would add immense value to the product. Reporting could be better. It might be that I wasn't aware of all reporting features, but I definitely struggled with getting insights from reports. Integration with Gitlab would help.,8,It made us stay organised with our product development from day 1. It helped me get a clear picture of where we are with our product development, so that I was sure of what to cut down in a particular release. It is a great tool to also stay organized with your personal tasks, which is something I used it for a long time.,Youtrack and JIRA Software,Zoho CRM, MailChimp, Asana
Zoho Projects

Zoho Projects Reviews

Zoho Projects
Filter 50 vetted Zoho Projects reviews and ratings
James McQuillin profile photo
November 30, 2018

Review: "Zoho Projects, though not instinctively-enticing, is efficient and feels very promising"

• Multiple views are available which allow me to choose which is easiest for me to review my projects and tasks.
  • The ability to see others' tasks and responsibilities helps me to see where a project is in its timeline and estimate or know exactly when my tasks will be available and need to be completed.
  • The dashboard view offers customizable widgets so I can truly make my dashboard work for me by only displaying the pieces that are relevant to my work and not be bombarded with illustrated graphs of data that have no relevance to my responsibilities.
  • Onboard training seemed a bit lackluster as far as my feeling excited and/or prepared to dive right into using Zoho. (In fairness, as our organization is early in the adoption phase, few projects have been implemented into Zoho and so there is not a lot to explore just yet).
  • No initial drive or motivation to get started. Generally I am excited to use and explore new software or SAAS but, for reasons I have not yet identified, I did did not feel this with Zoho. Instead I quickly adopted a procrastination mindset of "I'll take a look at this later."
My work involves projects of 5-15 people with numerous projects running simultaneously. Prior to Zoho, I did not have a central location from which to view all project statuses at once. Zoho looks to provide this and also looks like it will deliver. I am anxious to see how our organization's use of it develops. At this time, I feel I am likely to recommend Zoho Projects because my organization has made great software decisions in the past so I have a level of trust already that the research has been done that Zoho is the best solution for our line of work.
Read James McQuillin's full review
Bryan Buford profile photo
August 21, 2018

Zoho Projects Review: "Easy to use good project management"

• The software allows for the inclusion of multiple users.
  • It has multiple report options to generate result data .
  • It lets you organize and process task lists with more structure.
  • It could offer better integration with other software like Google Docs and Gmail, etc.
  • The document storage component doesn't work great with a wide variety of documents. It looks good, but in functionality we find it lacking and prefer to use more traditional cloud storage.
It's a great project management tool and offers a variety of reporting options. If you're looking for true project management, with timelines, tasks, and accountability, then Zoho can execute at a high level. If you're looking for more task-oriented software like Asana or ToDo programs, then Zoho is a poor match.
Read Bryan Buford's full review
June 28, 2018

Zoho Projects Review: "Very Similar Features to the Competition, but Much Easier to Use"

• Ease of customization, without introducing a level of complexity that makes it difficult to manage.
  • Simple workflows for common tasks like adding and assigning issues.
  • Integration with other Zoho tools for organization-wide collaboration and information sharing.
  • The user interface design tends to lag behind other similar products.
  • Reporting tools are limited.
  • Requires customization to be suited for a real agile workflow.
Zoho Projects is a great solution for smaller companies looking to implement their first pass at task/bug tracking. It has more than enough functionality to last for a few years but is unlikely to be a tool that supports hundreds of users. It is especially suited for people who have limited experience implementing business applications because it is very simple to get up and running with the default implementation.
September 11, 2018

Zoho Projects Review: "A simple straightforward project tool"

• Easy to define templates for task lists and projects
  • Easy to see tasks by day and by project to always know what's ready or missing
  • Easy to assign tasks to team members ad-hoc to ensure tracking is complete
  • Google Docs integration would simplify our workflow immensely
  • More customizable data storage
Well suited to organize teams who share tasks to complete a common goal or project. Less well suited if you have lots of data to share and update between members.
Vivek Jaiswal profile photo
November 14, 2017

Zoho Projects Review: "Best FREE project management solution available for startups and small companies"

• It's particularly easy to get started for development projects. You can easily set it up with milestones for your projects and keep the activities on track.
  • Bug reporting and tracking is good, although there are better tools in the market now. However, for a small startup, the free package of zoho projects adds huge value
  • The best thing I liked about Zoho Projects was the ability to switch between kanban and list mode. This helps me give a clear picture of where we are with different types of activities, and then show me a list of activities with their details in one listical view.
  • I think providing more functionality that can be directly used in a Scrum team would add immense value to the product.
  • Reporting could be better. It might be that I wasn't aware of all reporting features, but I definitely struggled with getting insights from reports.
  • Integration with Gitlab would help.
For a small startup that is looking for a free tool to stay organised with their task lists and teams, this is the product they should opt for. It is a good product to help you keep your projects on track but not best suited for a mature Scrum team. There are better tools available for such use cases.
Read Vivek Jaiswal's full review
Hansa Sharma profile photo
November 13, 2017

Review: "My governance platform - Zoho projects delivers for Simpliance"

We use Zoho projects to manage all activities in our organisation. Every sprint and project milestone is tracked on Zoho projects. We have a no bosses culture at Simpliance, hence every action and reaction is based on what an employee does on Zoho projects. All performance is linked to meeting timelines defined on Zoho.
  • Simple and easy to set up and start using
  • Very effective for projects and tech sprints for a software development company like ours
  • Very rare to find any bugs or data loss
  • Allows seamless collaboration and monitoring
  • Constant innovation and new features which keep us loyal
  • Excel reports could be more easy to download
  • Meeting rooms should become part of the projects as it will enable further collaboration
Organizations that want to track everything under the sun should use Zoho Projects. Smaller teams that don't want to invest too much on project management will also benefit.
Read Hansa Sharma's full review
Stephen Lalla profile photo
June 19, 2017

Zoho Projects Review: "The gateway app to an optimized worklife"

Zoho Projects integrates seamlessly with the full suite of other Zoho apps which makes it a necessity if you're using the other Zoho suite of products. But as a stand alone it functions as well. Consider this, everyone has multiple projects that there managing at all time. It doesn't matter if it's a simple project that you do on a regular basis, that big annual event, or ongoing quarterly projects like preparing reports. The thing is, most projects big and small have multiple moving parts and keeping track of those part is paramount to the successful completion of every project. Zoho Projects allows you to create project task lists on the fly or if you're really smart, you'll build and save a template to use for repeating or similar projects. Now here's where it gets super cool. You can have a project template with a long list that is automatically assigned to different users and can be task or time dependent. So instead of spending all of your time managing the project, Zoho Projects manages the project yet you still get the do the work. There is also a feature which allows you to track time, completion percentages, and billing.
  • We use it to manage our sales orders as there are lots of moving parts which are necessary to get client orders done properly.
  • I use it anytime I have a new idea I want to put into motion. As I can create a list for brainstorming, feedback, specific actions necessary in order to test and or implement the idea.
  • Unrelated to business, it's a great way to plan travel in order to make sure you don't forget those important things like passport, flight arrangement, client meeting confirmation, and meeting prep as far as what specific documents or things do you need to bring with you.
  • And since everyone is on the go and expected to keep up with work, the mobile/tablet app makes it a breeze to keep up, work on, and create new projects.
  • It would be great if some of the project printing functions could be enhanced. I love the way it visually looks on screen but on paper not so great.
  • Pricing isn't crazy expensive at $25/month per user but would be great if there was a discount provided or a package deal if using many of the other Zoho Suite of products.
  • The trial allows for 1 Project which is nice but I don't think it adequately allows someone to properly evaluate the app and to get a feel for it. Seems like allowing about 5 would be a much better way for someone to get the feel for it.
Any task group that can fall under the heading of a project whether you work it alone or in a team collaboration setting. And if it's something that is repeated as part of the company's normal operations i.e. web design, the creation and use of a template will significantly speed up the process as well as make sure no steps are missed. The challenge is deciding on including the necessary tasks without being too insane. What I've found is it's better to err on the side of insanity initially, and then you can group some tasks together under the same heading if they are typically done at the same time as each other and by the same person.
Read Stephen Lalla's full review
November 13, 2017

Zoho Projects Review: "The Best Project Management Tool"

We use Zoho Projects in our organization for project planning, scheduling and information management. It helps us break complex projects into milestones, tasks and subtasks. Its features are very helpful in the management of the project in its various phases and it also integrates with other tools we use like Zoho Books for managing the projects’ finances and clients’ billing.
  • The best tool for planning projects (for non-certified project planners or beginners).
  • It allows the division of complex projects in milestones, tasks, and subtasks, and to schedule activities according to deadlines.
  • It is also good for task monitoring and projects discussion.
  • The best features: Mobile app, project organization, calendar, and email integration.
  • Some minor UI bugs in the web app and the mobile app (but can be fixed or patched).
  • No possibility of cloning or copying repetitive projects with all the content and people managing the projects (could help gain a lot of time especially on complex long projects with a lot of milestones and tasks).
  • Time management
  • Project workflow analysis and bug-fixing
  • Exposure and communication with the teams for a better understanding of the past, present and future situations of each and every project
  • Task management and bug reporting and resolving tools
  • It also supports future planning of upcoming projects too
Hannibal Pharaon profile photo
March 21, 2017

Zoho Projects Review: "Turn upon Turn... Encourage Inter Company Task Management"

It manages to connect staff with things on their "to-do list" and puts a timeline on things that need to get done. We will be using Projects as a way to track items that need to be checked off as weeks roll. We find it useful in assigning responsibility and pushing folks to complete tasks. Attaching JPGs and document files and usage of comments simplifies the process.
  • Assigning Tasks
  • Including artwork and banner ads that need to get implemented in web development
  • Assigning timelines and deadlines
  • Having them be monitored by other team members
  • Accountibility
  • Comments sometimes buffer and don't get published immediately.
  • Projects is good but there is a need to make deliverability more urgent with a point system rewarding those staff members that are most prolific in completing tasks and punishing those that are not as good (or timely), much like the FACEBOOK news-feed rating in likelihood of getting speedy response time while MESSAGING.
  • Chronological vs. IMPORTANT outstanding tasks that need TLC
It is very suited if users in a company use it more so, and not so much so if user interactivity is not encouraged.
Read Hannibal Pharaon's full review
Sudip Chakraborty profile photo
February 25, 2015

Review: "Zoho Projects enables project management, time sheet management and collaboration across distributed teams at a fair cost."

Zoho projects is used across the whole organization for both internal and external (client) projects. It allows us to organize all company and project level activities in one place that is acceessible by everyone we provide access to at a reasonable cost. It also allows us to track and report on time spent on activities within projects.
  • Zoho Projects is web-based so anyone can access it.
  • Zoho Projects has a fairly comprehensive set of features for project management, task and time tracking.
  • The pricing is reasonable and affordable for small businesses.
  • There is no ability to add custom fields in the "Bugs" module - for example, if we want to add fields such as Version Number.
  • Reporting is not integrated - its a fairly expensive add-on.
  • There is no easy way to track actual and completed dates for tasks - so historical variance analysis is not easy.
1. Level of project management sophistication - if you are used to Microsoft Project this will seem very basic.
2.While the basic version is quite inexpensive, it gets a little expensive as you upgrade to higher levels (e.g. bugs module, premium).
Read Sudip Chakraborty's full review
Cassandra Stephens profile photo
February 25, 2015

Zoho Projects Review: "Don't go solo, go Zoho!"

Zoho Projects is being used by the whole organization to track client and in-house projects. Our billing model is either per-project pricing or in increments of 15 mins and Zoho Projects tracks time so many ways. It is so easy for an employee to enter their time and for project managers to then extract that information and for billing to use that information to populate invoices.
  • There are so many ways to log hours! Each employee can choose the method that works best for them. Having choice empowers the employees.
  • The BugTracker feature is amazing! The BugTracker allows custom fields to better fit our needs. Also, the ability to add files, images and comments to each issue has saved us time and headaches!
  • The reports export with all of the important information we and our clients need.
  • Zoho Projects can be customized in so many ways. No matter what your company does or in what field, Zoho Projects will work for you!
  • Zoho Projects keeps getting better! Recent new enhancements makes it even easier to navigate and the new keyboard shortcuts are amazing!
  • Within a task, to log hours you must scroll all the way to the bottom. If there are a lot of entries, this can be tiresome. The Add Log Hours link should be at the top of the entries.
  • The default font size in Pages is very small. Even if you select all of the text and increase the font size, any links will remain in the small font size. You must edit the source code to change the font size of links.
  • In the Timesheet Calendar view, it would be helpful to break apart the non-billable and billable on hover like it does when you hover over the Time Log column in Tasks.
It's so easy to customize to fit the needs of any company. I use it in a small company setting but see if working for a much larger company as well. The price is reasonable and very competitive. Unlike some other "standard" project management solutions, Zoho Projects isn't overly complicated or daunting to use.
Read Cassandra Stephens's full review
Khashi Rahmani profile photo
March 11, 2015

Zoho Projects Review: "Managing Expectations by Managing Projects"

• The ability to track multiple projects at the click of a button: Zoho Projects has the unique feature to jump between identical screens of a project (E.G., viewing tasks) in one click. You can select another project at the top nav-bar, and instantly be put at the same screen as the previous project, but for the now selected one. When viewing resources, tasks lists, its easy to jump to other projects without sifting through multiple channels to see the same information.
  • Staying on top of tasks: Zoho has a variety of ways of telling users that they have tasks due or that are overdue. There are different mechanisms that allow easy tracking: Email confirmations, a clear and concise user dashboard, and also a Google Calendar integration that keeps employees abreast of what tasks they should be engaging in.
  • The famous Gantt Chart: As an Engineering company, the Engineers that use the software have found the Gantt Chart feature both simple and productive. Having the ability to customize the charts with filters and convert them to PDFs allows any department to easily relay project timelines both internally and externally without having superfluous information left in the visuals. When showing accounting tasks or sales tasks within a project, users can easily with as little as two clicks, get the information they need in Gantt Chart format and ready to print.
  • Support Feature: Currently Zoho does not offer direct phone support. They allow emailing to customer care and on rare occasions will ask to setup a phone conference to discuss details/problems that users are experiencing. The turn around time on getting questions answered is mediocre at best. In urgent cases, one can expect at least 6-8 hours before a response is given.
  • Customer Access: Although Zoho does offer a customer portal for clients to view project timelines and details, it has little ability to manage what exact information a client can see. There are general limitations in privacy where you either allow a customer to see all information, some, or little at all. There is no 'nit picking' where you have to conceal certain information.
  • Requesting Features: When it comes to business-specific needs, Zoho does not seem to be thrilled about adding customization to our company. Asking for items such as an 'information sheet' for a project that would need to be filled prior to creation seems to be a daunting task and replies from support are generalized saying they 'will implement in the future'.
Unfortunately I have yet to use the software outside of a Project Management in Engineering scenario so it would be hard to say where it would not work. In general this would not be suitable for highly-complex project that require multiple clients and outsourcing.
Read Khashi Rahmani's full review
April 17, 2013

Zoho Projects Review: "Solid project management capability at a low price."

• Task assignment and time tracking for project and service work by customer.
  • Specifically, we set up clients as distinct projects and use the milestones, task lists, and tasks to manage deliverables. Zoho allows us to track time per task and generate invoices
  • Generates easy report to create invoices.
  • There is no differentiation between a task’s duration (ie, budgeted hours) and due date. These are linked in Zoho Projects, which is fairly useless for a project management tool.
  • I don’t believe we can add custom fields to tasks, only to bugs (which we don’t use). This is a major weakness.

Task Management (9)
Resource Management (8)
Gantt Charts (7)
Scheduling (8)
Workflow Automation (5)
Team Collaboration (9)
Support for Agile Methodology (5)
6.1
Support for Waterfall Methodology (3)
Document Management (7)
6.5
Email integration (7)
Mobile Access (9)
Timesheet Tracking (8)
Change request and Case Management (6)
Budget and Expense Management (5)
6.1
Quotes/estimates (5)
6.6
Invoicing (5)
Project & financial reporting (5)
Integration with accounting software (5)

About Zoho Projects

Zoho Projects is a web-based project management and planning software that provides project teams with a web-based collaborative environment. It contains the requisite features for project management platforms, such as time and resource allocation to tasks, issue tracking, milestones and a Gantt chart, timesheets and reporting tools, and a feed modeled after social networking sites for its approachability. It notably also include a bug tracking module specifically design to support software development project, and is integrated with other Zoho products including Zoho CRM. It manages documents (e.g. Microsoft Office, PDF, photoshop), contains calendar and list views, a team intranet and chat, and more. Its functionality is expandable with apps (Google Apps) and Zoho Projects is mobile accessible.

Presently it is free to manage a single project in Zoho Projects. Relatively low cost paid versions, on three tiers, allow management of increasing numbers of projects (up to infinite with the top tiered Enterprise level) and increased storage space. Live customer support is accessible via email.