Score 8.9 out of 10

What is WP Engine?

WP Engine is a website hosting service built to host WordPress for companies of any size, with features such as daily backups, firewall,SSL, and proprietary caching technology.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of WP Engine, and make your voice heard!

Startup

Growth

Scale

*Per Month

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $29 per month

What is WP Engine?

WP Engine is a fully-managed WordPress hosted solution. One of its main features is the capability to create a staging site. It also offers curated recommendations for plugins and themes. Hosting through WP Engine delivers Wordpress along with extra security features and curation of plugins and themes for help with site optimization; also EverCache Technology, the WP Engine custom-built caching technology to speed the delivery of content.

Pricing for hosting starts at $29 for a personal site (10GB of local storage, unlimited data transfer with up to 25k visits per month, $99 for Professional hosting services (10 WP installs, 10k visits per month, and 20GB of local storage), $249 for Business hosting (25WP installs, 400k visits per month and 30GB of storage), and the custom-tailored Enterprise level. A 60-day trial is available, during which a refund may be requested if the user is not happy with the hosting service.

WP Engine Video

Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIMFnHmRB5M to watch WP Engine video.

WP Engine Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

WP Engine starts at $29.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.7.

The most common users of WP Engine are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

We mage the right choice by choosing WP Engine to host our website and client website. It has fulfilled all our expectations. Our website was loading very late due to hosting problem but after using WP Engine, it's loading smoothly. Response from their support have always helped us to get things done in a timely and appropriate manner.
We use WP Engine for our managed WordPress hosting. They help make sure that our website is running quickly and securely. They provide a full solution for WP including daily backups, site transfers, and multiple development installs. There are other nice perks like automatically updating insecure plugins and WP versions and telling you if an update or install didn't complete.
Kelly Michael Skelton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hosting websites + website support, backing up sites, copying between production and staging environments on a regular basis, upgrading PHP versions, and consolidating a number of websites into one host platform. We also love the ability to jump right into the WP admin view from within our hosting platform. Their "go live checklist" feature was very useful when originally building our site.
WP Engine is the hosting provider that we use for dozens of clients. We rarely ever experience any sort of issue with WP Engine and I have recommended to clients and other people in the industry to use WP Engine because of its great support team and ease of use. Not to mention, the most important part about WP Engine, is their up-time. No issues whatsoever.
WP Engine filled the void for our immediate need for managed WordPress hosting. The support was lackluster at best. A few MySQL server outages were not noticed by their proactive monitoring. A handful of downtimes due to server outages and migrations outside their data center also occurred. Their best features were the backups and staging, which we often used. Support also tried to upsell us and tell us that their dedicated plans would be more stable and reliable, but I don't think it would've helped as much as they promised.
Thomas Petty | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've tried on most of the website hosting companies, and several years ago, I moved ALL my clients to WP Engine. By far, they are the best company to host a WordPress website, and I won't use anyone else. I know my stuff when it comes to WordPress, but every once in a while, I get stumped. Their tech support is always easy to reach and takes care of it every time. They're tightly integrated with Cloudflare, which helps to make my clients' sites safe from hackers and speeds them up at the same time.
When it comes to website hosting, the name of the game is speed, reliability, and affordability. WP Engine somehow combines all three to make our daily operations much easier. Their hosting platform enables us to seamlessly build, manage, maintain and troubleshoot all of our 75+ websites with minimal issues and virtually no downtime. With other hosts, there always seemed to be a hassle getting problems fixed and technology glitches, none of which we've experienced with WP Engine.
Josh Peichoto | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WP Engine (WPE) for our corporate website which is owned by the marketing department. WPE allows us to quickly execute new web ideas. Our website is used by 450+ branches and employees across the country by creating personalized pages for each. It's provided us an automated and scalable platform to accomplish this. We dynamically pull in data from various APIs and we occasionally have issues where an API goes down (which always seems to happen on the weekends) and the 30 days of backups and the easy restore process has made it possible to quickly get accurate data back online until the APIs are back online.
Quentin Aisbett | TrustRadius Reviewer
WP Engine is our agency's web hosting provider. They host our own website and the websites of our clients. It addresses a number of business problems. First and foremost they provide reliability, which in our situation is never underestimated because of the headaches we had with previous providers. More specifically they offer a service that optimizes for speed, provides daily backups and simple reverting, security monitoring, easy access to free let's Encrypt SSL certificates and managed Wordpress core updates.
Gordon Seirup | TrustRadius Reviewer
WP Engine *was* a leader in the Managed WordPress Hosting space. As such, we used WP Engine to host our website along with 117 client sites. From 2012 - 2017 WP Engine was outstanding. Since mid-2017 I have witnessed their heartbreaking fall from industry leader with the best critical thinking technical support team I had ever witnessed, to over-priced, technically unreliable, personally disinterested, commodity-level hosting, resting on their laurels spoiling their hard-earned reputation, with barely technically literate support staff copy-and-pasting canned responses with no regard for relevance or accuracy.
WP Engine is a great platform as a service. We use it across the organization to manage our client's website backups etc. It does daily backups and creates a ready-to-use staging and development environment. For a lean, small company it is great that they've thought through a lot of the hard decisions for us, so we can be more creative.

We love the fact that they are so focused on their product, only serving the WordPress community. They do a great job. I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention their support. They have people available via chat 24/7 which has bailed us out on many occasions. Their support knows WordPress, and is always willing to help.
Jeremy Estes | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use WP Engine for every WordPress install I own, and when possible I recommend it to clients and business partners who use WordPress for the content management. The biggest problem WP Engine solves is slow WordPress sites and downtime. I've never had a site go down while using WP Engine - pretty much the biggest problem in hosting.
Alec Dibble | TrustRadius Reviewer
WP Engine is my go-to host when clients want to host WordPress or improve their site. While there are cheaper solutions, WP Engine provides really good tools out-of-the-box, like database backups, built-in CDN and caching. The ability to easily create and staging sites and move the data to production makes this a great fit for small companies and large enterprises.
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
I currently use WP Engine for all of my Wordpress hosted websites for me and my clients. WPE is great for websites of all sizes. I've used it for our daily B2B website, as well as sites that get around 20K to 500K visits a month. They have excellent hosting, support, and pricing.
I have used WP Engine as a hosting platform for my WordPress domain. The speed of the servers which provided by WP Engine was impressive. They offered free trial to use their servers just to test the services, which they are promising to provide. They give you features on the trial, which normally are not provided by other managed host services providers in free trial. You can configure the server in a simple click which means you don’t need a whole IT team to deploy your servers.
We use WP Engine for all of our website hosting needs. We currently manage roughly 20 WordPress websites with WP Engine. We use it for most of our client marketing websites, our corporate website and also smaller websites for internal training and on-boarding for new employees. WP Engine relieves us the stress and pressures of an unreliable web host.
Peter Filias | TrustRadius Reviewer
I run an online store that uses WooCommerce. In the olden days of eCommerce, we used to build stores running on osCommerce and then Magento. While we didn't need what Magento offered, and didn't want to use osCommerce, we found that WooCommerce was the perfect fit. Why? Mainly because almost all sites we've built for others run on Wordpress and we're very familiar with Wordpress and how it works alongside plugins and associated web services. The business problem it solved was keeping everything highly optimized for the Wordpress platform rather than trying to pick and choose specific hosting and dialing in settings. It's also cheaper than getting a dedicated server.
September 05, 2017

WP Engine has it down.

Ben Whitaker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a reseller partner of WP Engine. WP Engine has become our only WordPress Hosting solution for our internal and external WordPress sites. It's primarily used by our developers. WP Engine facilitates staging and development environments for WP. WP Engine has provided a more stable hosting environment giving us and our partners more peace of mind, better global distribution and overall stability.
Will Paccione | TrustRadius Reviewer
Many times we inherit clients and their websites are slow and sluggish, so we let them know there are better options- the best being WPEngine. Speed is very important when it comes to ranking on Google. Google won't want to send people to a slow website because that would be a bad experience for the visitor.
WPEngine has always been the top recommendation from us for speed, reliability, safety, and backups.
When we host clients and need the best hosting for WordPress website, we use WPEngine.
Rachel Maner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We were looking for a better way to manage the hosting of our website and WP Engine was recommended to us. I wouldn't want to use anything else. It is easy to use and has great tools and features built in, such as free SSL certificates, website backup, caching, redirects, and it even gives us the ability to use a staging site within WordPress. The ability to integrate with WordPress is another great advantage of using WP Engine. Their support team is great and can be answered easily via phone or chat.
Eric Mann | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WP Engine to host our various WordPress sites. This includes our main business site (which also encompasses our company blog) and a couple of smaller marketing sites for individual products. Everything is in-use across the whole organization, but end-users have very little interaction with WP Engine as they're the underlying host and users just interact with WordPress itself.
We use WP Engine ourselves and we implement it for other organizations that we consult with. It is the easiest platform for hosting WordPress based websites that I have used so far. I have used other web hosting platforms where I had to use SFTP access, or other visual portal interfaces, but WP Engine is literally built for the purpose of WordPress sites which is what makes it so great. #1 take away from WPEngine is that it helps a lot with version control.
Tim Colling | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WPEngine for hosting all of our clients' websites as well as our own sites. Some of our clients receive SEO services from us and others simply have us act as their "virtual webmaster," with complete responsibility for the performance and "health" of their websites. In all cases, we are relying upon WPEngine to provide a highly-performant, very stable, full featured managed WordPress hosting platform as well as stellar 24x7 tech support.