Easy Shopping Cart to Usehttps://www.trustradius.com/ecommerce3dcartUnspecified7.281012015-12-17T16:52:42.825Z
December 17, 2015
Easy Shopping Cart to Use
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with 3dcart
We used 3DCart as our website and shopping cart. It served as a marketing tool as well.
- Strong shopping cart capabilities, with all types of promotions and discounting capabilities. Easy to set up the promotion and implement the campaign.
- Integration with our email provider to be able to segment buyers based on timing of purchase.
- Easy to use blog, was able to set up each post simply and create SEO/Meta tags associated with each post.
- Products set up was easy and there are options for categories and classes to make setting up the store easy.
- Easy to use for someone with no programming skills.
- Using images on the site and in the blog was a cumbersome process. The upload was easy enough, but finding and using the image after upload was terrible. The navigation of the images was difficult and there were no sort functions.
- For a simple site without the need for a log in admin or shipping, these functions and capabilities were not easily hidden or removed. You needed to have a programmer go into the code to remove them. For a tool like 3dcart, it seemed to be something they could have taken care of with check boxes in the settings.
- While expected, the templates available were very basic and simple. To enhance the look of your site, you will need a programmer or pay for the premium templates.
- Enhanced customer service with ticket system.
- Was able to quickly set up shop and get started on the web.
Selected 3DCart based on price point and ease of getting started. Gave a two week free trial to make sure I could get it set up. Seemed easier than other options and had room to grow if I need more capabilities. It also integrated with QuckBooks, FaceBook and Auth.net which were all part of the package right from the start.
3dcart is well suited to getting a site up and running quickly with shopping cart capabilities. The merchant account set up was easy and there are inventory and shipping capabilities, as well. It is a very powerful tool for a small business without full time IT support on staff. While I did not have many products, it seemed like a merchant with a large inventory would have to spend a great deal of time on setting up the store.
3dcart Feature Ratings
1 - Primarily marketing for using the tool, but I have had to hire outside programmers to get the look and feel of it more to my liking.
- Selling Products online.
- Complete website with ecommerce and blogging.
- Integration with Facebook.
- Integration with Facebook for ecommerce right from the fan page.
- Contact for created tickets for inquiries to better track responses and response time.