RingCentral is a cloud-based VoIP solution available via computer mobile application. It features video and audio conferencing, desktop phone rentals, collaboration tools, and integrations with other business applications. RingCentral offers plans available on a monthly, per user subscription basis.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/i9/vg/7JRPL8JAA75T.jpegRingCentral is the best solution for fax capability on most extensionsThe entire company I work for and other companies that broke off of ours use it as their primary phone, fax, and meeting service. We use it for customers to call an automated queue with prompts. It guides them to different extensions and call queues. We do not have any physical fax machines. Everything we do is done through email or the apps to send and receive faxes.,Phones that also support fax. This sets them apart from Vonage and especially Microsoft that does not support faxing at all. All of the apps work really well, especially the phone and meeting apps They have a bunch of integrations, like with Google and Microsoft office applications that are useful,If you keep reusing users in the system, it will eventually lead to corruption. Whenever you reassign a phone number, it's best to delete the user and recreate it with the phone number. Tracking support tickets could be better and I would like to be able to reopen them instead of creating a new ticket based and old ticket, based on a ticket, based on a ticket, etc. They need to polish up their backend in general. We have random errors only they can fix about twice a month for our company size of about 250 extensions. Their support chat is just text. It would be great to be able to have an email address so you can forward evidence of issues to them, be able to attach pictures or other files.,7,The bill is expensive each month, several thousand but they handle everything, and we don't need another employee to manage the infrastructure locally. We would certainly have more downtime if we hosted it, trying to schedule updates, changing hardware, etc. Currently, there's hardly any downtime through RingCentral. It is great to have all of the faxes, phones, meetings chat, SMS all work with each other. Notifications and users can be handled by one unified system.,Vonage,Glip, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive,90,2,Fax blasting. We use an automated process to send updates to people via faxes. We never seem to hit a usage limit and we send out thousands per week. Calls work great and on many different devices. You can transfer calls between devices by one button. Meetings and chats work very well with each other now that they have mostly combined the apps.,Using SendGrid to send out mass-emails with attachments to RingCentral to send faxes to customers. It is much simpler than connecting to their API and having a whole program to handle that. We just wrote a very simple program to send emails and it works flawlessly.,We might start doing video conferencing over phones at some point. Currently, we're okay just using a computer to do it.,10Affordable and highly customizable VOIP with RingCentralWe use RingCentral across the organization. We are a relatively small company and RingCentral was very easy to set up. We use the RingCentral softphone in most instances however we also have purchased Polycom phones at some desks. RingCentral Meetings integrates with the RingCentral phone system and I can easily set up and join meetings from the interface.,Integrates phone system and meeting platform Provides visibility to coworkers availability through HUD Excellent VOIP call quality,It can take a couple minutes for calls to show up in the call log. I have experienced reports of incorrect caller id on outbound calls Setup of a new extension can be cumbersome.,10,Reduced cost using the ringcentral app in place of expensive VOIP phones Integration with RingCentral Meetings allowed us to cancel a duplicate service from another provider and save money each month Ease of use adding/removing users from the phone system,RingCentral Meetings, OneDrive, TrelloRingCentral is Great OptionRingCentral provides us with a VOIP phone system for all campuses of our school. It is easy to set up, manage from an online portal and good support live or through web-based articles and videos. The ability to use it from your cell phone through their app has made communication with families easier and stress free for teachers. The system is stable and we have had no outages related to RingCentral itself.,Quality tone and connection Great support Easy online portal interface Easy to install equipment,Language in the portal can be tricky for new users Access to what is available need to be clarified Too many tools can make choices confusing,8,Easy to install and little downtime Easy to maintain the system Easy to set users up and train them Time saving and cost effective,,Google Classroom, Spiceworks, Apple Remote Desktop,50,1,Family Communication Staff Communication Staff messaging,Glip tool has been a great back channel Forwarding tools make it easy to reach team members App allows you to never be out of office,Video Conferencing for remote training Centralizing family communication Cross campus conferences,8,Set up of system Vanity and number transfer Message retrieval any where,Faxing Phone trees Confusing language,Yes,8To Ring or NotWe use Ring Central on a company-wide basis including remote employees.,Web based so all call logs and voicemail can be reviewed on line. All call routing options are accessible on line, so you don't need to be in the office to forward. Phone app available so you can access when mobile.,Application could be more user friendly.,8,Comcast VOIP,Lucernex Lease Administration & Accounting, an Accruent company, Siterra, ADP Mobile SolutionsTo Be Accessible, or Not To Be?RingCentral was implemented in our organization this year to replace the multiple forms of communication that we previously had. Now, our entire company uses RingCentral as a means of both external and internal communication, which means we use both RingCentral Meetings and Glip (RingCentral's Slack-like counterpart). From my understanding, the goal in using the software was to have one central form of communication to improve accessibility and capabilities.,Accessibility. RingCentral makes your desktop/mobile your work phone, so you can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. The app and desktop software can also be rerouted to your cellphone. Sound quality. Out of all of the communication software I've ever used, nothing quite picks up sound like RingCentral. It's clear, focused—some would say it picks up even too much sound. Form of communication. Depending on your organization's needs, RingCentral offers multiple forms of communication (phone, text, chats, video, etc.),The app. I am one of those people who likes to separate work from my personal life, and unfortunately I can only download and use the app if I have my personal phone number connected, even though my work phone is associated with a different line. The result is that my work calls get routed to my cellphone, which feels like an invasion of privacy. I have resorted to forgoing the app altogether. Connectivity issues. This is common for many communication tools, though when our organization started with RingCentral, there were many kinks internal to the software that needed to be worked out prior to its use. And, months later, it feels like we still haven't 100% adjusted. (Maybe 90%; so close, but not complete.) Multiple platforms. I would prefer one centralized communication platform that houses all of my communication needs. Instead, our team has RingCentral Meetings, Glip and a RingCentral widget hooked up to my email (that always kicks me out of my account, no less!). At times it can feel like too many tabs are open.,8,I would say that RingCentral makes everyone more accessible to one another. The tool has an employee directory that instinctively pairs you with the right people when you need it. For larger companies, this feature can save time (and therefore money) when trying to reach people across different departments and teams. Because RingCentral acts as a work phone, and its ease of use is simple and makes you more accessible to clients, etc., you could also argue that it helps strengthen client relationships.,BlueJeans, Skype, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Slack and Google Hangouts,Buffer, Sprout Social, Google Hangouts
RingCentral

RingCentral Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

RingCentral
Top Rated Award
Filter 87 vetted RingCentral reviews and ratings
Justin Bongard profile photo
August 30, 2018

Review: "RingCentral is the best solution for fax capability on most extensions"

• Phones that also support fax. This sets them apart from Vonage and especially Microsoft that does not support faxing at all.
  • All of the apps work really well, especially the phone and meeting apps
  • They have a bunch of integrations, like with Google and Microsoft office applications that are useful
  • If you keep reusing users in the system, it will eventually lead to corruption. Whenever you reassign a phone number, it's best to delete the user and recreate it with the phone number.
  • Tracking support tickets could be better and I would like to be able to reopen them instead of creating a new ticket based and old ticket, based on a ticket, based on a ticket, etc.
  • They need to polish up their backend in general. We have random errors only they can fix about twice a month for our company size of about 250 extensions.
  • Their support chat is just text. It would be great to be able to have an email address so you can forward evidence of issues to them, be able to attach pictures or other files.
If you really do a lot of faxing or want one system that can handle both faxes and phones, this is the solution you should choose. You should certainly get away from faxing if you can, but we deal with many lawyers and medical centers that refuse to use emails, so this is our option. If you can break away from the archaically-old faxes, I would recommend getting the version of office that comes with Skype for business. That way you have your phones, emails, office licenses, chat, meetings, all in one solution. It's where we would like to be but can't since they don't support faxing.
Read Justin Bongard's full review
Chris Hartwig profile photo
November 18, 2018

Review: "Affordable and highly customizable VOIP with RingCentral"

• Integrates phone system and meeting platform
  • Provides visibility to coworkers availability through HUD
  • Excellent VOIP call quality
  • It can take a couple minutes for calls to show up in the call log.
  • I have experienced reports of incorrect caller id on outbound calls
  • Setup of a new extension can be cumbersome.
It's great for mobile users. You can install the phone app and provide a Bluetooth headset and users can make calls from the company wherever they may be.
Read Chris Hartwig's full review
Laurance J. Specht profile photo
October 29, 2018

User Review: "RingCentral is Great Option"

• Quality tone and connection
  • Great support
  • Easy online portal interface
  • Easy to install equipment
  • Language in the portal can be tricky for new users
  • Access to what is available need to be clarified
  • Too many tools can make choices confusing
Well suited for a startup or small company with small IT supports as so much is ready to go out of the box. Clarifying language and terminology for new users will help. Support is easy to get and willing to work with you to get issues resolved. The number of ways to access and use RingCentral is impressive.
Read Laurance J. Specht's full review
Charlotte Eddy profile photo
October 15, 2018

RingCentral Review: "To Ring or Not"

We use Ring Central on a company-wide basis including remote employees.
  • Web based so all call logs and voicemail can be reviewed on line.
  • All call routing options are accessible on line, so you don't need to be in the office to forward.
  • Phone app available so you can access when mobile.
  • Application could be more user friendly.
Works great when mobile and for staff that are remote. Having all call logs and voicemail on line is real helpful and easily accessible.
Read Charlotte Eddy's full review
December 04, 2018

RingCentral Review: "To Be Accessible, or Not To Be?"

• Accessibility. RingCentral makes your desktop/mobile your work phone, so you can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. The app and desktop software can also be rerouted to your cellphone.
  • Sound quality. Out of all of the communication software I've ever used, nothing quite picks up sound like RingCentral. It's clear, focused—some would say it picks up even too much sound.
  • Form of communication. Depending on your organization's needs, RingCentral offers multiple forms of communication (phone, text, chats, video, etc.)
  • The app. I am one of those people who likes to separate work from my personal life, and unfortunately I can only download and use the app if I have my personal phone number connected, even though my work phone is associated with a different line. The result is that my work calls get routed to my cellphone, which feels like an invasion of privacy. I have resorted to forgoing the app altogether.
  • Connectivity issues. This is common for many communication tools, though when our organization started with RingCentral, there were many kinks internal to the software that needed to be worked out prior to its use. And, months later, it feels like we still haven't 100% adjusted. (Maybe 90%; so close, but not complete.)
  • Multiple platforms. I would prefer one centralized communication platform that houses all of my communication needs. Instead, our team has RingCentral Meetings, Glip and a RingCentral widget hooked up to my email (that always kicks me out of my account, no less!). At times it can feel like too many tabs are open.
RingCentral is great for one overarching communication platform. If your business requires text, phone calls, video, whatever—RingCentral can help you. That said, being that accessible can feel invasive at times. If you're looking for a communication tool that is less expansive, or don't need all of its features, I'd go with a simpler platform.
November 25, 2018

Review: "RingCentral a great all-in-one solution for Professional Services communications"

RingCentral is used by our entire organization as both our general phone system and for audio conference calls and video conferencing.

Our workforce has become 40% remote, so video conferencing and screen sharing is very important, and this works very well (RingCentral app is white labeled Zoom).

By using both softphones and physical phones, we were able to completely replace our Asterisk-based PBX system with more features and reliability.
  • The app-based experience for both computers and smartphones is excellent for audio, video, and screensharing
  • Unlike many conferencing solutions, it provides one-tap phone number links in invites making it very easy to join from mobile
  • It's the most reliable conferencing solution I've used
  • It's among the easiest video conferencing/screen sharing solutions for non-users to join successfully the first time
  • Love that when you launch a meeting, the invite link is automatically copied to your clipboard
  • Some of the configuration options are confusing.
  • You can create both a "personal" meeting that always has the same ID and an ad-hoc meeting which has a different ID every time. This causes confusion with new users as the default is ad-hoc versus personal...people often end up on the wrong call the first time they host a meeting.
  • There is a feature "touch up my appearance" like a face-smoothing Snapchat filter...I think this is a horrible message to send.
  • If you need an all-in-one solution (phone system plus conferencing plus screen share, plus video) it works very well.
  • Talking to our IT team, the product seems to have a lot of features focused at call centers and messaging that we don't use, but require reconfiguration anyway.
August 27, 2018

RingCentral Review: "Pretty good tool"

We use RingCentral across the whole organization. Each of our employees has his/her own extension number which is very convenient. We use RingCentral for phone calls, voice mails and conference calls, sometimes we use it for video meetings with our clients and it is very helpful that it has a screen sharing feature.
  • It allows each employee to have his/her own extension number which is very convenient
  • We are a small organization and RingCentral has pretty affordable prices for small companies like ours.
  • Screen sharing feature is very helpful for video meetings with our clients and partners
  • Mobile app is good, but not very user friendly
  • Not all pricing options are shown on their website. When we called to customer service they showed us where to find other price options, but without their help we'd never find them. It'd be much more convenient if they showed all price options in one place.
  • User interface (both mobile and web) shows features that are not available in our plan, it is quite confusing
RingCentral is a pretty good software product. In my opinion, RingCentral is very well suited for any organization that needs a high quality phone communication system. I see that RingCentral is very widely used in different business areas and by different sized companies: enterprises, medium businesses, small businesses and even by very small 2-3 person companies.
July 16, 2018

Review: "RingCentral got us all on the same page...and screen"

RingCentral has been our recommended cloud-based office communication platform for 2 years now. Customers love the price and the performance!
  • Easy to deploy and provision users
  • Fantastic customer/technical support when needed
  • Superior features
  • Hardware selection options could be broader
  • Could shift some features into the lower tiers
Any office or business that wants to have enormous amounts of flexibility and capability can benefit from their suite of products. I just makes sense to go with a Gartner leader when making this decision.
July 02, 2018

RingCentral Review: "Makes a big impression with your phone system, even if you're a smaller company"

RingCentral allows us to connect with remote offices, easily transfer who answers lines when offices are unstaffed and provide us the capabilities of a phone system of a huge corporation at a price we can afford and administered internally without extra staff. Easily scalable as we add more staff and remote offices.
  • Customer Service-if its truly urgent, they answer quickly and have always solved our issues on the first call.
  • Easily administered- once its setup, a non-tech person could keep the basics going.
  • Cost effective- allows us to add and remove users quickly and easily, move extensions without additional wiring.
  • Call quality may suffer sometimes- this is the major shortcoming
  • Initial setup can be cumbersome
A smaller company with a budget to match can develop an easily scalable system with a phone tree, ring groups, call dispatch, auto call forwarding and after-hours messages all at an affordable price no matter how few lines they have. The per line expense would not be practical for a larger company that has an existing phone system and a solid IT staff to support it.
July 14, 2018

RingCentral: "Review"

Ring Central is used by the department to help address questions with another application currently used.
  • This program helps to clearly address questions by providing visual navigation along with being able to hear what the other person is saying. I believe this is a strength because many people are visual learners.
  • Every program has area that can be improved. For this program I would like it to have the ability to type on the screen as well. This would be a better service to the hearing impaired.
Ring Central is a good training tool or can be used to help answer complicated questions.
July 13, 2018

RingCentral Review: "Decent call conversion solution"

I used the ringcentral software service for a couple of clients at a specific advertising agency setting. The ringcentral tool was a decent solution for call conversion tracking.
  • reporting dashboard
  • easily swap redirect numbers to and from your advertising efforts
  • auto voice features
  • a bit out dated ui
  • basic service that other companies provide
  • more customer service
Its one of the cheaper offerings and handles high volume at a basic level well.
Sam Bush-Joseph profile photo
June 06, 2018

Review: "RingCentral, reliable if you have reliable Wi-Fi!"

We use RingCentral as an enterprise-wide digital phone for all employees. My team, in marketing, uses RingCentral to call customers and prospects. We have traditional phones on employees desks that are linked to RingCentral, but many of us use it exclusively on our laptops using the Mac OS desktop application.
  • RingCentral has a clear phone reception as long as the internet connection is strong
  • RingCentral gives us the ability to choose an area code that is familiar to our customers and prospects
  • RingCentral gives us the ability to host and record conference calls as well
  • RingCentral should have the ability to act as a 'power-dialer'; dialing through a list of customers or prospects
  • Call/VoiceMail forwarding can be a bit cumbersome to be 'on top of' when people change teams or positions
  • RingCentral does not have a video/screen share conference call option to date
It is well suited if employees don't have a 'work phone'; they can use it on the computers (desktop App) or from the cell phone on the iOS app, as long as there is strong Wi-Fi connection. If there is not strong Wi-Fi connection throughout the office, RingCentral requires you to wire in physical phones.
Read Sam Bush-Joseph's full review
Katie McKinlay profile photo
May 16, 2018

Review: "RingCentral is great, minus a few small issues."

We use RingCentral across our whole company to communicate with each other and to communicate with our clients and partners. It gives us the ability to communicate via phone call, messaging, and voice conferencing.
  • All inclusive communication for all members.
  • The ability to send PDFs, GIFs, and files within the messaging app along with the ability to create tasks within a group.
  • Recording of all phone communications.
  • Accessible via a phone app to get forwarded calls directly to your cell phone.
  • Frequent glitches.
  • A lot of down-time required for updates.
  • Missed calls because the phone won't ring.
RingCentral is great for a mid-sized company because it has a variety of ways you can communicate with each other. It supports the culture-aspect of the business by having a GIF function that makes the communication more enjoyable. Along with that, the functions support employee needs and client needs. I could see big-businesses having a problem with it because of the glitches/down-time where it could be a problem if they were without coverage for a while.
Read Katie McKinlay's full review
Nick Bencivenga profile photo
January 19, 2018

User Review: "RingCentral - gets the job done well"

RingCentral is being used by our entire small business for our phone system. We utilize it both for inbound/outbound communications with clients, as well as internal communications between employees as well. We also use ringcentral for faxes and remote call support when employees are out of the office.
  • The ringcentral "HUB" is really nice. It allows you to see specifically who in your organization is on the phone at any time, and who they're connected with. Very handy.
  • It's nice how easy it is to login on the app and switch where your calls are directed -makes it easy to move to your cell phone if required.
  • Voicemail transcription is quite useful, and works VERY well. I rarely have to listen to voicemails anymore, which is handy as all get out.
  • You can't see the HUB on your mobile app! As a manager, I wish I could login and see who's on the phone in real time, from my mobile device. It only works on a computer, sorta lame.
  • They have serious issues with how faxes are routed through their call system. If someone faxes a non-dedicated extension, the fax comes through as a VOICE call instead of fax! Super annoying - you pick up the phone to hear fax noises. We've had to adjust our internal processes because of this issue.
  • Call quality can sometimes be a bit laggy. Occasionally our customers will complain of choppiness, despite having a super-fast internet connection.
Great for SIMPLE call trees and user extensions. It has trouble with advanced call routing, in my experience. The "builder" for call trees is clunky and cumbersome and regularly drops changes prior to saving. I'm not a huge fan of that tool. We've ended up greatly reducing our call tree as users complained of delayed button responses and oddities when flowing through the queue. Often times RingCentral support will unsuccessfully attempt to recreate the issue and just mark it as "closed" which can be frustrating.
Read Nick Bencivenga's full review
Kevin McBride, PTA, CHMSP profile photo
February 15, 2018

Review: "RingCentral allows us to communicate efficiently"

RingCentral is used throughout our company by every employee, in-office and remote workers. The RingCentral platform allows our employees to work from wherever they are, and keeps everyone well connected to clients as well as co-workers. It also allows for flawless integration with Outlook, and makes scheduling meetings a breeze with RingCentral Meetings.
  • With adequate bandwidth, audio quality is incredible, and in my opinion, sounds better than a traditional phone.
  • The virtual receptionist is a great feature that makes routing calls a snap. There are also lots of options that can be set when it comes to call routing, such as ringing extensions in a certain order, simultaneously, etc.
  • The mobile app is extremely handy. It allows for calling of course, but also offers text messaging and faxing. Users can transfer calls between their mobile app, soft-phone or desk-phone on the fly.
  • We use a vanity "800" number. We like having the ability to customize our number.
  • At times, text messages will arrive at different intervals on your various devices. Messages get to all devices fairly quickly, but it would be nice if it were simultaneous.
  • Configuring RingCentral can be a bit confusing due to the many, many options and various configurations available.
  • I'd like the ability to be able to use the soft-phone on multiple computers at the same time.
RingCentral is an excellent choice for small or large businesses. If workers are mobile, RingCentral is a great. The ability to receive calls, texts, send and receive faxes from a mobile device is fantastic. You can even use your mobile to host or participate in meetings. For the price conscious business, RingCentral will control expenses. Less phone/fax lines are required as a user's number is used for both. RingCentral may not be the best choice if you have slow or spotty Internet. Also, there may be other options that may be more affordable or free for a solopreneur.
Read Kevin McBride, PTA, CHMSP's full review
Matt Emge profile photo
February 12, 2018

RingCentral Review: "Good performance and easy to use conference calls"

We use RingCentral across our entire organization consisting of a main office and several remote employees. We use it daily for scrum stand ups, one-on-one conversations, company-wide conference calls and client calls.
  • Audio and video have good quality
  • Audio and video controls easy to use
  • Calls clearly display callers and call info
  • The installed client UI could be easier to use for reviewing messages and deleting them
  • Would prefer that product updates not change my preferences like they did once
  • Would be nice to have all functionality in the web app so I don’t need to install and run a separate client
RingCentral is well suited to any size organization where people need to schedule future conference calls or start an unscheduled call with the option of video for none, some or all participants.
Read Matt Emge's full review
March 01, 2018

RingCentral Review: "A Viable Value-based provider for VOIP and Communication Solutions"

We use RingCentral as our primary phone, teleconferencing, and web conferencing solution. All of our physical phones at desks and in conference rooms are VOIP lines through them, and all of our team members are assigned a personal phone conferencing and web meeting account, which they use for interacting across our multiple offices, as well as with external clients and vendors.
  • Provisioning accounts per user and being able to get easy reporting about usage helps us to see exactly how much direct-phone vs conference line vs web meeting activity is happening.
  • Giving end users flexibility in managing calls - routing to soft phone instances, mobile app support, call forwarding, and voicemail management are all great.
  • It's really easy to call point-to-point in the organization if you know someone's extension.
  • Teleconference dial-in lines and web-conference dial-in lines are different numbers. This causes people confusion because they're not sure when to use which one.
  • Backend diagnostics for web meetings is weak - when people report having connection issues, or low quality audio/video, we can't troubleshoot why.
  • Their text/group chat/team messaging solutions feels bolted on to the other products. Phone, teleconference, chat, and web meeting are all pretty isolated products, and I wish they were more seamlessly integrated together.
  • Having separate desktop apps and mobile apps for basic Phone vs. Web Meetings confuses end users as to which to use.
  • Their Room-based meeting solution requires a lot of hardware purchasing and has something of a "DIY kit" feel to it.
Their basic phone service is great and high-quality audio. It's well suited to small and medium businesses looking to replace traditional landlines with an easy-to-use VOIP phone system. Their user management and admin navigation leave a lot to be desired and could stand to have a UX refresh. Their solution's admin capabilities, I believe, would not scale well out to hundreds or thousands of end users.
February 07, 2018

RingCentral Review: "Innovative & stable VOIP platform that includes fax, IVR, queues & web conferencing"

RingCentral is used as our primary telecommunications platform for phone calls via company extensions, web conferencing (audio, video & screen share) & IVR/call queue routing for support and sales teams.

Each person in certain departments has a RingCentral extension to have a business line/company telephone and a webinar/conferencing platform.
  • VOIP
  • Innovation of new tech
  • Keeping apps compatible with latest OS releases and features
  • Native iOS calling
  • Zendesk App integration
  • Customer Support
  • Reporting
The software has always had little to no downtime. My sales executive was sometimes aloof.
Denis Borja profile photo
October 24, 2017

RingCentral Review: "The ideal phone system for the 1-person IT Department"

We are a start-up midstream gas company. We needed a phone solution that was cost-effective, easy to manage, fast to deploy and flexible to adjust to our future growth. Currently, we use RingCentral in our HQ office for phone calls, conference calls, hosted online meetings and faxing. Many of my users use the conference bridge on a Polycom Soundstation 7000 and the call quality is great.
  • Each user has their own conference bridge number included with their profile and with unlimited minuted. Other competitors wanted to charge $.03/minute and would charge additionally per month per conference bridge. This feature brings savings and flexibility.
  • They have vast options of compatible IP phones (Polycom, Cisco, YeaLink). They will help you deploy a third party phone if you decide to purchase one outside of their website (only the deployment, no continuing support).
  • Their customer service is fantastic. From getting started with your new phone system to continuing support, they really excel in this area.
  • Support for more toll free calling/conference bridge number for other countries. We needed UAE toll free calling and had to go to another vendor for the service.
  • Contacts feature on the desktop app and mobile app tend to show duplicates contact entries.
If you are looking for an easy phone system to deploy and manage, this is it. A big selling point is the conference line included with each user profile. I found other VOIP providers charge extra per line and per minute usage which adds up.

I haven't tested Ring Central in a low bandwidth environment so I would be cautions. We currently have a 100mb/sec Fiber circuit and have great call quality. I've heard from other users who have had issues with call quality due to their bandwidth constraints.
Read Denis Borja's full review
Joel Brache profile photo
October 27, 2017

Review: "RingCentral Rings Our Bell! For a Price."

RingCentral is used by me and our sales representative. The primary purpose of RingCentral is to give us a phone system that can be used anywhere in the world. If either of us travels or works from home, RingCentral goes with us. This allows our customers to have one phone number to call to receive sales or technical support.
  • The softphone app performs well and is easy to use.
  • The softphone app can be installed on multiple computers allowing you to have, for example, one copy installed on your desktop and one copy installed on your laptop.
  • The softphone integrates with Outlook, so I don't have to duplicate all my contacts into another piece of software.
  • Missed calls are not registered on the soft phone in a timely manner. If I have a missed call, the soft phone may not show it for a few minutes or for a few hours.
  • Their is no app for Windows 10 mobile and no app for Windows 10 (besides the standard Windows OS application). Having a native UWP would be a great option for RingCentral
  • Soft phone installs are limited to two devices, so I can't install the soft phone on my work PC, work laptop, and home PC. Limiting the amount of soft phones that can connect to the service could be bumped up to 3 or 4.
  • The soft phone application is easy to use, but I think a revamp of the styling would make it even easier. I often click on different tabs because the icons are not always clear. One icon could mean two different things to two different people.
RingCentral is well suited for small companies who need to have a phone system that is flexible and reasonably cost effective. It integrates well with Outlook, so companies using Exchange would benefit greatly.

As the number of users grows, so does the monthly cost. In my opinion, the cost for more than 3-4 users is simply too much. Although there is flexibility with the software and what it can do for you, it's hard to compare it to Skype which will give you a fixed phone number for $20 a year. Skype doesn't have the features, but it gets you a phone number that you can use on as many devices as you want for a much lower cost.
Read Joel Brache's full review
Devin Rigg profile photo
September 12, 2017

RingCentral Review: "In the office, in the car, at home!"

TEXTING! My prospects are mostly young creative types that work at churches and non-profits, and they love that we can text for quick questions that don't really require a phone call. I also really like that I can access everything from the desktop and mobile apps so I always have the ability to call or text a prospect even if I'm out of the office.

The other members of our sales team enjoy being able to use their work line from anywhere.
  • Texting feature works extremely well, and is greatly appreciated by my prospects.
  • Access to my work phone and contacts from anywhere has been very helpful.
  • My favorite feature is "switch to carrier" so I can switch over to use my Sprint service when I'm in an area where using phone data isn't strong enough.
  • The user interface is "so-so" and could use a fresh makeover.
  • Occasionally the iPhone app will tell me that I have a notification, but when I open the app there is nothing new.
  • The desktop icon is broken as of the latest update and shows as a blank white box rather than the RingCentral logo.
RingCentral is especially useful for an outside sales team or a company with many remote employees. I have seen many types of organizations utilize it, even organizations like churches where many pastors and directors work from home multiple days a week. Having easy access to company contacts and extensions is useful when I'm on the road and need to reach team members.
Read Devin Rigg's full review
Ryan Schertzer profile photo
December 13, 2017

"Got those digits: A RingCentral review"

We are using RingCentral across several locations for both general VOIP capabilities as well RingCentral Meetings.
  • I like the meetings capability. It seamlessly integrates with Outlook to make scheduling very easy.
  • The app works well across desktop and mobile platforms.
  • The VOIP service is a little laggy when we try to use it with other services like ConnectAndSell.
  • It would be great if you could set call recording preferences by state instead of generally.
I couldn't comment on where it is not suited as I'm a user and didn't evaluate this or other solutions.
Read Ryan Schertzer's full review
September 13, 2017

User Review: "RingCentral"

RingCentral is used in a very small capacity. We use it for sending outbound faxes since we don't have any fax machines. Our phone system receives incoming faxes but doesn't allow outgoing faxes. However, I can say that in this capacity, RingCentral is great! We never have issues. We recently began needing to send faxes for doctor's offices, etc., - unfortunately, there are still many places that won't accept e-mails -- so the product solves our issue.
  • We use RingCentral to send faxes. It's easy to use.
  • We don't have any complaints about the system. It works great for our need!
RingCentral is great for sending faxes. If we needed to, I'm sure we'd use it for other things - for our current need, however, it's easy to use and our staff doesn't have any complaints.
Matt Fleming profile photo
April 19, 2017

User Review: "RingCentral - The Future is Now!"

RingCentral is used across our entire organization. We had a Cisco phone system and wanted a robust, agile system that was simple to maintain and troubleshoot ourselves, and was less expensive. RingCentral allowed us to get rid of WebEx, Faxcom, Hipchat, our Cisco hardware, licensing and support costs. We use RingCentral through Polycom desk phones, on our computers (using the softphone) and via the mobile app. We have remote users who used to have to give out their personal cell phone number but no longer need to. We also are using RingCentral meetings as a desktop support tool in a handful of instances. Not only has our ability to respond to changes and setup users and groups become easier and faster, we're also saving a lot of money each month by using the full suite of tools available from RingCentral.
  • Simple user and group management. Setting up users, call queues, phone menus, etc., is so easy and simple. I have done in seconds on one menu what used to take 30+ minutes in my old Cisco system.
  • Users can be reached anywhere using one number. We have a lot of remote users and you don't realize that they're not in the office because the mobile app that they can use outside the office provides a seamless experience.
  • Faxing is a breeze! Unfortunately, we deal with a lot of entities who still use fax to transmit documents. Having each user's phone number being able to send and receive faxes has improved their efficiency and saved us money. We no longer have to pay for a third party fax service and the user interface is so intuitive, even our most technologically illiterate users are excelling at it!
  • Support documentation is rarely up-to-date. I wouldn't have to harass support so much if their documentation was accurate.
  • Can't copy and paste users and groups. Although they do have a templates option for streamlining user creation, I wish that they had the ability to copy and paste users and groups. Even their support staff have to manually open two browser windows and manually check all the user settings. Even with support staff's help, we've had users and groups created where settings were missed and we didn't discover it until months later.
  • Desk Phones aren't always connected with the phone servers and need to be manually rebooted. This has gotten better over the last few months.
  • Their analog fail-over options are minimal. Ideally, our phone system should be able to fail-over to a fully functional analog environment in the case of our network going down. They do have a few options, but not what we'd like.
If you don't need a robust, over complicated Cisco phone architecture, RingCentral is a great choice. It's great if you have remote users or have a lot of collaboration tools that you're using (e.g. WebEx, chat clients, fax, etc.) and would like to consolidate your bills and tools into one system. It's not ideal if you don't have a reliable ISP as RingCentral has poor fail-over options.
Read Matt Fleming's full review
Jeremy Judnic profile photo
March 17, 2017

RingCentral Review: "Feature Rich and Plug n' Play"

Our company uses RingCentral for all calling and faxing functions. RingCentral allows our mobile users to have office extensions as well as be able to telecommute with ease. Our company also does quite a bit of faxing and the ability to fax from a mobile phone or desktop is a nice benefit. Screen sharing and meeting capabilities also allow our mobile users as well as in office users to better serve our customers.
  • Desktop soft phone and mobile application are nearly identical and easy to use.
  • Super users are able to manage phone numbers, users, and devices from the web portal or mobile app. This makes making changes while out of office much more convenient.
  • Faxing directly from soft phone and mobile app.
  • Video calling and meetings are easy to setup whether on soft phone or mobile app.
  • Demoing before purchasing gave us good information if VOIP would work well in our existing environment. We were given test phones for at least a month at all our locations.
  • Technical support can be difficult to deal with as they seem to want to get you out of their hair ASAP. Regular user support seems fine.
  • Soft phone and mobile app are easy to update, but have caused various issues with phone registration and they can force you to update due to discontinuing versions.
  • Some functions from the soft phone and mobile app are not as easy to use as the physical handset due to lack of function keys, like paging for example.
RingCentral is a great solution for all business sizes, but it definitely seems to require extra planning and an active IT team to help facilitate it. It is pretty much plug and play but when an issue arises it can be difficult to track between RingCentral, ISP and internal network problems. A big benefit is the mobility so no longer are you tied to a PBx and scrambling to get phones back online when the PBx goes down.
Read Jeremy Judnic's full review

Hosted PBX (13)
9.4
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (20)
User templates (19)
Call reports (23)
Directory of employee names (28)
Answering rules (26)
Call recording (28)
Call park (23)
Call screening (25)
Message alerts (28)
Video conferencing (23)
Audio conferencing (29)
Mobile app for iOS (28)
Mobile app for Android (18)

About RingCentral