RingCentral Reviews

April 01, 2020
Jon Shurtliff | TrustRadius Reviewer
RingCentral is used as our primary method of communication for Phone, Video Conferencing, Screen Sharing, and messaging. We rolled it out across all of our divisions and all our locations in North America.
RingCentral allowed us to eliminate our single point of failure on-prem PBX and gives our employees access to all their communications on their computer or mobile - from work or from home.
  • Quality Voice and Video communication
  • Customer Support and Installation Services
  • Easy to learn user interface
  • Comprehensive messenging services
  • Consistency in their apps across Desktop/Mobile/Chrome Extension platforms
  • They need to include the probably Taxes and fees on their quotes to not surprise new customers.
RingCentral proved to be a LIFE SAVER when we were forced to implement a Work from Home strategy in just a week - had we been on our previous solution of an on-prem PBX we would have had to scramble for both Phone and Conferencing solutions. Not only were we able to get up and running, we didn't even need any training on RingCentral for our users because they already knew how to interact with RingCentral from ANY location!
Their customer support is top notch an provide us with all the answers we need quickly and concisely. We especially appreciated their Installation Services team who got us up and running on their platform within the short time frame we presented and had almost flawless performance in porting our services over to their platform
Read Jon Shurtliff's full review
July 06, 2020
Aaron Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
After a merger, we were on a Cisco on-premise system as well as a proprietary phone system. We needed to put both companies onto the same unified system. We knew we didn't want another Cisco system as they are extremely difficult to work with (both as a product and a company). I pitched RingCentral to our company as a solution that would 100% work, guaranteed. I had implemented it at a previous company and knew it would work. The other staff wanted to try out Teams Calling and Skype for Business. I let them fail at that first, sometimes you just have to let people fail until they admit you were right all along.

After the failures to implement Teams/Skype, I was given the go-ahead to try out RingCentral on a test basis. I knew it would work, and of course it did. Once you're on a 100% cloud system, you'll never go back to on-premise. I implemented RingCentral and any hiccups I ran into due to call routing or desk phone (99% of our users don't have a desk phone, but a few wanted one) setup, support was very helpful if I couldn't figure it out from the online support. We have been using it solidly for 8 months now without issues.

The cell phone and desktop app are easy enough to figure out that you don't need to train your users. And if you can help people see the light that they don't need a desk phone anymore, that will greatly simplify the implementation. A large graphical UI is the easiest thing to figure out as compared to a small screen with a bunch of physical buttons, so users can learn on their own.

I'll never have to worry about upgrading some on premise piece of junk again. I'll just give RingCentral my credit card each month and know my phone system is going to work 24/7 without any maintenance on my part.

I am the finance guy implementing the phone system. I'm not the tech guy here. If I can do it, it must be so simple anyone can do it.

• 100% cloud - no maintenance ever.
  • UI Is nice and easy to use.
  • Anyone can implement it.
  • 3-way calling could be simpler.
  • Don't get rid of the RC phone app - not all of us want to use gimp.
  • Invoices could be simpler to decipher.
If internet issues plague your business, then RingCentral won't work well unless users can utilize their cell phone app with cellular data. However, if your internet is fine, then a 100% cloud phone system is a no brainer. I can't imagine why anyone would go on-premise. Nor can I imagine why someone would go with a phone system that requires a separate company to implement it because it's so complicated to figure out.
Online support answers most questions. If I need to call, I can and someone will answer the phone promptly. And they are always very helpful.
Read Aaron Smith's full review
March 13, 2020
Mike McCloskey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Ring Central for an e-fax solution for our entire organization. We handle escrow real estate closings, title insurance, and title abstracting. While much of our client and vendor communications are served by email and cloud systems; many still rely on facsimile for simple and secure communication.

One key advantage of e-fax is making the documents directly available to our users as .pdf files which are ready for import into our cloud based management systems. It is also very useful to be able to send documents for fax delivery directly from our applications.

In the end Ring Central e-fax was a failure.
  • Apps for Mac, iOS, and other platforms
  • Consistent interface on various platforms
  • Consistent performance
  • Excellent availability
  • Reliability
  • We used multiple fax numbers - but couldn't differentiate between them in the apps
  • Faxes would show up in the 'Call Log' but not in 'Messages' - and were then not readable
  • Faxes frequently showed up garbled and unreadable
  • Faxes disappeared altogether
There is no way to recommend a fax service that cannot dependably deliver incoming faxes from real world users. It isn't an overstatement that the majority of our faxes were lost, incomplete, or garbled.

To make matters worse, after discontinuing our service, it appears that RingCentral has inadvertently re-captured our fax number and doesn't seem to have a vehicle to restore it to us, causing our business fax line to be disconnected.
I have tried chat, email, and telephone support. I have not been able to get any reponse whatsoever on resolving an issue where my telephone number (which we have had for over 20 years) released. We had discontinued service with Ring Central and moved to another carrier. After about 1 week; the number was inadvertently transferred back to Ring Central. It now reports as disconnected and they are not willing to resolve the issue.
Read Mike McCloskey's full review
February 06, 2020
Govind Rai | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RingCentral for multiple projects wherein we are required to call leads and clients. It's rarely used for internal communication. Before switching to RingCentral, we used lots of vendors such as Fenero, Skype, and local VOIP providers; however, we faced the following issues with others:
  • Bad lines (voice choppiness)
  • Ugly UI
  • Poor support
  • Amazing voice call: I remembered the day when I had a call with a client, we were having troubles with the ISP (poor connection). We went on the call with the client, and the voice was cutting in and out; however, once we got off the call, and I checked the voice recording, it was perfect.
  • Affordable: Between the other Pay as you go and Fixed price offer from RingCentral, RingCentral was way inexpensive.
  • Reports too late: It takes them 24 hours to generate reports. Well you can get a realtime report if you are using the call center plan otherwise it will show reports which are a day old
  • Inaccurate report: The call reports (# of outbound calls, # of inbound calls, ACHT, etc. are highly inaccurate.
  • If you are low on budget and make all the calls manual, I will highly recommend using them.
  • If you have more than one team member, you should use them. There are a lot of call monitoring capabilities (as well as call takeover if your team member/s are new to the team.
Customer Support has been very active and helpful. They have very knowledgeable staff who are very responsive.
Read Govind Rai's full review
February 04, 2020
Daniel Lampkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RingCentral for inbound and outbound calls as well as intraoffice communications. We implemented it to assist with the transition to working from home, and in that regard, it has performed fantastically. We use it heavily, and for the most part, it tends to stand up to the task.

• Call quality with other RingCentral customers is superb, Skype quality or above.
  • You're not tied down to a physical location, the app works great on many platforms.
  • Navigating the RingCentral app for messaging (formerly glip) is a little clunky and non-intuitive.
  • Sometimes if I enter a phone number into the phone app too quickly, it interprets it as an internal extension, and I accidentally call one of my coworkers.
  • RingCentral is especially suitable for when you have employees working remotely from home. Because there's no central phone infrastructure to handle or maintain, you work at home as efficiently as you do in the office. The audio quality is excellent. It's easy to learn and very versatile and scalable.
  • It would, however, be overkill for a one-person shop, where a traditional landline would be more than sufficient.
I have never interacted with them directly, but their responses are usually quick and helpful.
Read Daniel Lampkin's full review
March 03, 2020
Rex Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been a relatively happy RingCentral customer. I recently got a quote from another provider. I am switching, only to be told that RingCentral auto-renews contracts for 24 months. Any business that auto-renews a contract for 24 months after 5 years is not a good customer service company. Any company that does not allow any ability for the customers to leave obviously is not concerned with working to keep them.
  • Good phones
  • Good technology
  • Contracts. Initial contracts I understand, as you have costs associated with setup. But ongoing business should be kept by providing good service and good pricing. Any company that has to auto-renew for long periods to avoid losing customers should be avoided.
Would have been a 10 if they didn't have such lousy contract language. I just went from liking them, to making sure that I tell everyone not to use them.
Good computer support online. Actually, customer service support was decent (unless you are canceling service, then it's a 40 minute wait time to talk to someone).
Read Rex Allen's full review
January 29, 2020
Brian Del Terzo | TrustRadius Reviewer
I originally used RingCentral for all of our VOIP services. The Desktop Soft-phone and Physical phone compatibility are top notch. The service was nearly uninterrupted. Find me follow me as I think they referred to it was also an option that could be enabled per direct user so that if you weren't at your desk, calls in could ring your mobile or other team members. The user and admin dashboards are extremely user friendly, and so was the setup and implementation of the auto attendant call tree, call routing, departments etc. A great solution for large or small companies that would like more flexibility... I could go on and on.
  • Call routing.
  • Auto attendant and call tree.
  • Pricing.
  • Use case flexibility.
RingCentral is a perfect solution for a company that wants the best regardless of the cost.
Some solutions will take time to work through. Support appears to be generally overseas, though they have added live chat within the last 24 to 48 months which has been a useful feature.
Read Brian Del Terzo's full review
March 20, 2020
RingCentral is currently used as the central communication hub for the entire business. All inbound customer calls enter the RingCentral system and handling depending on the time of day. Additionally, we were able to eliminate 99.99% of robocall spam through the implementation of the AutoAttendant system, requiring the user to press zero to speak to the operator.
  • Multi-Platform Communication which works wherever you are - Every detail from how an inbound call is handled to how voice/text messages are relayed to users is completely customize-able based on the user's individual needs, even if that user refuses to learn how to use the application itself!
  • Voice/Video conferencing capabilities sufficient enough for most small business users - I rarely need to host a conference call or meeting, although RingCentral does make it extremely easy to invite guests even outside the platform via telephone call-in or the conference app.
  • Overly complicated for new users - An inexperienced novice user may find the administration side of things a bit overly complicated and confusing. I'd like to see a "simple" and "advanced" set of configuration options, or maybe even a wizard function to walk new users through how to handle incoming calls (ring all devices concurrently, or sequentially, utilize external phone number or keep call within RingCentral system, etc).
  • More competitive pricing - There are plenty of options on the market. I'd love to see a lower cost business plan for new users with low usage patterns have access to the system for testing purposes before committing to the system for full office use.
I am a big fan of the RingCentral system. I previously researched and integrated RingCentral at a former company before starting my own business. The system is extremely flexible and versatile. It's easy to expand the system as the company grows. Perfect for a small business expecting to grow in the future. I think it's the perfect communication tool for any small to medium size business looking for a business phone system.
I haven't found the need to interact with RingCentral customer support personally all that often. However, I have directed other people to contact RingCentral for support and have always found the experience pleasant. The customer service staff is kind, patient, and thorough. I have every confidence they can handle most user issues with ease.
March 04, 2020
It's used in every aspect of our organization. We use it for support, account, sales, and more. It is vital to our business as we received lots of calls every day.
  • It works 90% of the time
  • It has a lot of features (that sometimes work)
  • It's ok, if you are ok with ok.
  • Calls drop.
  • Call Quality, people have trouble hearing.
  • Call groups do not work.
  • Cannot forward to an external number.
  • Cannot group text message.
  • LOTS AND LOTS OF BUGS.
I would not recommend this phone system for any business, small or large.

A phone system that is buggy, drops on customers and is not built for any serious company with real customers.

This is a company that has an auto-renew yearly contract with month to month payments and when service and support go out the windows and the phone system doesn't work, you are still locked into a contract.
Chat support is what they prefer. It takes a really long time to get anywhere with the support team on chat. They try but It's too slow and resolutions are rarely reached.
February 13, 2020
Primarily, we got RingCentral as a softphone with digital assistant. However, it came with additional features that were also used such as a fax line, Glip (a collaboration platform), and RC Meetings (powered by Zoom). Glip and RC Meetings being used almost daily by everyone, while the phone and fax were utilized by myself.
  • Softphone.
  • Mobile app.
  • Harsh marketing.
  • Buggy software.
RingCentral is a great solution if you are a small business and need a secondary number, but are still the primary person of contact. I like the ability to receive calls during business hours through the app on my personal cell, but the ability to forward to voicemail, etc. during other hours.
I think it is a great phone/communication solution for solo to small businesses.
I feel like if I needed to use the phone for business more than a couple times a day, I would have a really hard time though. Being web based, when the software wasn't working properly it wasn't the end of the world.
RingCentral's support was overall a bit frustrating. It was difficult to get real solutions when we ran into bugs or issues with the software. Most of the time, we had to find our own answers via Google or social media as their support site wasn't easy to find answers. Also, when seeking support, it took a while to get a response.
February 05, 2020
We use RingCentral across departments. It assigns each user a unique number with access to messages and voicemail. The users can call the customer using RingCentral on their mobile phone as well. So receiving and calling from remote is not a problem anymore.
  • Calling from phone app.
  • Messages.
  • The app needs major improvement.
  • The UI really needs to be changed.
We use it for our inside sales team based out of India and Romania who reach out to customers in the USA. There are instances when they want to take calls from home or they want to send the users messages to remind them of something, then the phone app of RingCentral is a big help. Sometimes the call drops so that’s the only thing I found bad about this.
It’s worth the money you pay. Has a ton of features and enables both the users and management to better themselves.
February 04, 2020
RingCentral is used as our phone system throughout the company, so callers can get to the right employee when calling our main toll free number. We also use RingCentral for online meetings so that participants can call into the same line and view the leader's screen during the session. We also use RingCentral Meetings for customer support so that we can troubleshoot on the client's computers.
  • Easy to install
  • Ease of use for meeting participants
  • Slows down computer when running meeting
RingCentral is a cost-effective call system for small to medium businesses. It might not be suited for large companies. The meetings add-in allows users to start online meetings on the fly quickly. It is particularly helpful that you can switch hosts so that you can see different users' screens during meetings, which is something we did not see in competition at the same price level.
I haven't ever had to use the support, which means to me that they are doing something right. If they weren't, I would need to contact the support to get help.
January 23, 2020
We made the switch from RingCentral to Zendesk Talk less than 1 month ago. Prior to the switch, our organization used RingCentral for about 3 years. RingCentral was used by our customer support and sales teams. All other departments had RingCentral installed on their computers and used it as well for internal and external communications. RingCentral was our one and only phone system.

RingCentral provides a quality softphone system for communication with customers via phone, fax, and text. Their internal communication app, Glip is also a useful tool.
  • RingCentral's user interface is very easy to use. Just about everything is well labeled and has a purpose.
  • Live reporting. RingCentral's Live Dashboard is very helpful to a management team to monitor the daily operations in real time and gain a good understanding of where the team stands for the day.
  • Headsets. RingCentral has a partnership with Plantronics, so you have to use Plantronics headsets. Unfortunately there are only a few options to choose from; very cheap headsets with no noise cancelling, or extremely expensive headsets that were not necessary to waste money on. Our employees were not able to use their own personal headsets, no matter how good they were.
  • Limited IVR menu options. Without upgrading to their highest 'enterprise' level, which we did not need, we had very little flexibility with how we set up our IVR menu. It would have been nice to be able to implement a "Customer Call-Back" feature so our customers did not have to choose between leaving a voicemail or staying on hold forever, but unfortunately we did not have this option. Small to medium-size businesses have this need as well.
RingCentral is well suited for many, many scenarios and companies. The larger the company gets, the less appropriate RingCentral becomes. Reporting/Metrics become increasingly important as an organization scales. The quality of reporting has a direct impact on how well an organization's management team understands the companies strengths, weaknesses, and needs. In turn, this can have a direct impact on how many supervisors/managers a company needs to have on hand to be able to effectively manage the support team.

I would recommend RingCentral for small to medium-sized companies that do not have a strong need for detailed reporting or customizations. If you are looking for a quality platform that makes it simple to communicate with customers via phone, fax, and text.
RingCentral offers support via email and live chat and are always there for you. Unfortunately, their support agents are also limited by the capabilities of the platform and often-times were only able to provide answers that we were already able to obtain through simpler mediums such as their online help center and glossaries. In short, they are easy to get in touch with, but they don't always provide the detailed answer that you are looking for.
September 25, 2019
Tristan Dobbs | TrustRadius Reviewer
RingCentral is our current VoIP provider and telecommunications system. It is used by employees to make and take calls, by our support team to route calls and act as a group, by our operations team to route and forward calls as well as collect using a group number, and by sales to make outbound calls.
  • RingCentral service is solid and resilient to issues.
  • RingCentral is easy to manage as an admin. Users, login styles, extensions, hardware, extensions, and more are always configurable and it makes it easy to support users.
  • RingCentral offers many hardware options. It is easy to procure new hardware as well as outfit older hardware with the help of an adapter.
  • RingCentral keeps pushing people to a user interface that couldn't be less helpful. It is a "collaboration" platform that is fundamentally useless and to get to the actual softphone is sometimes hard to do given that the default is this other option.
  • RingCentral is not easy to get support as an end-user. Support often blames issues on "jitter" though this is not usually the case.
RingCentral is solid as a platform and does offer a full host of features to end-users and admins alike. It would fit well in many medium to large organisations who need IVR, call routing, answering services, hunt groups, and more. It is not very well suited for small companies or those with large call centres.
Support does not offer solutions that can be used to take action. For instance, if call quality is low, it could be due to many reasons. Bad hardware, bad WiFi, RingCentral service issues, the recipient of a call, the caller of a call, etc. But RingCentral support does seem to want to pin most of the issues on "jitter" and wait for the issue to go away.
Read Tristan Dobbs's full review
January 18, 2020
Linda Wilson-Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RingCentral for both incoming toll-free calls and conference calls. It solves the business problem of multiple people in different locations. Our entire organization uses Ring Central, and we have for about four years now.
  • Routing incoming calls to different numbers
  • Conference calls
  • Really can't think of any
If your company has people in different locations, RingCentral is ideal. Everything is cloud-based: no need to purchase and install expensive systems at various locations. Very cost-effective for small companies!
Excellent support. Every time we had a challenge or a question, support was fast, knowledgeable, and efficient.
Read Linda Wilson-Gordon's full review
October 05, 2019
Nathan Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer
We made the switch from PSTN to RingCentral three years ago and I've never looked back. Since this is a cloud-based communications solution, I can complete all the configuration for my system, users, and individual devices on-line. No more having to place work orders with CenturyLink to have a line installed, a feature added, etc., and then waiting days for it to be completed. I can make changes instantly! We are using RingCentral across our entire organization, from office phones to conference rooms. We now pay one cost and get an auto-receptionist included, where we had to pay separately for this service before. The lines are portable, too, since users can install the RingCentral app on their smartphones and answer their calls from anywhere while publishing a single number.
  • The range of configuration and options included with our small business plan seems infinite. I have yet to encounter a usage scenario for which RingCentral has not already developed a solution, from call queues to sequential forwarding to auto-receptionist to virtual meetings, RingCentral has it covered.
  • All the configuration is completed on their website, meaning everything you might want to accomplish can be handled in a few clicks.
  • Documentation is robust. This is a premium service that is extremely well executed.
  • We have never had an issue making calls that can be attributed to RingCentral. The system is rock solid.
  • They have apps that allow you to enjoy their services across all devices, including Windows, Android, and iOS. This includes making calls, checking voicemail, sending and receiving text messages on your RingCentral number, and conducting meetings.
  • The integration with Outlook and Office 365 is superb! You can schedule RingCentral meetings without leaving Outlook, including instant meetings.
  • Prices have increased steadily over the life of the service. They've also started charging for services that were originally no cost, such as options that forward to non-RingCentral lines in our auto-receptionist options.
  • I haven't found a way to disable services we don't use, such as Glip, so users don't see them.
This is the cream of the crop when it comes to cloud-based communications. I bought the service after doing considerable research, as telephony is enterprise-critical. It's also the top-rated solution by Gartner, which really speaks for itself. It can easily satisfy a small office, with the automation features making a small business appear quite sophisticated. Or it can scale to hundreds of users, as it provides for SSO with Microsoft AD and has a number of other connectivity options catering to large businesses.
When we purchased the service, I had a support agent that walked me through setting up the system, including configuring our auto-assistant. He was patient and answered all my questions. I have never had a need for further support.
Read Nathan Roberts's full review
September 20, 2019
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using RingCentral for the past 6 years and love it. We have offices in Canada and the USA and RingCentral allows us to unify our communications by allowing us to have a local phone number in both countries. Also, when we travel between countries, our team can still send and receive calls with either phone number using the RingCentral mobile app. So it does not matter if we are in the office or on the go, our communications are always streamlined with our clients and our team.
  • The mobile app is fantastic, allows you to stay connected while on the road.
  • The call rules features allows me to change what happens to incoming calls during office hours but change them after hours. Very flexible.
  • RingCentral is very reliable. Been using them for 6 years and almost never have a technical or quality issue.
  • While the call features are great, the online meeting and video options still need work compared to competitors.
  • Better communications. Sometimes I learn about new features months after they are introduced.
  • Pricing is per user so can get expensive for larger teams.
If you are a business that needs streamlined communications while out of the office or needs to manage phone numbers in different countries and jurisdictions then RingCentral is a great choice. RingCentral will allow you to unify and streamline your communications. I love the mobile app and use it more than the office line and you can manage call rules for your business right from your phone.
I rarely have to contact support but when I do I always have a good experience with them. They answer support requests quickly and are always ready to jump on the phone to answer questions or provide tech support for your issue. I like the fact that you are able to call and reach support whenever needed.
Read Gary Shouldis's full review
September 25, 2019
RingCentral was used as the primary source of telecommunications across all departments within the organization. The methods for placing or receiving a phone call were via cell phone application, computer downloadable software, computer online software, and via connection to a physical phone sitting on one's desk. From my experience, all 4 methods yielded a reliable connection so long as your connection to the internet was reliable.
  • Multiple methods of connecting
  • Clear audio connections with no dropped calls
  • Voicemail & Text Messaging capabilities
  • No customized conference call greetings
  • No Linux Support
RingCentral is well suited for organizations of all sizes that prefer to have a business phone line separate from their personal phone line. Even though there are tiered services, I highly recommend this only to businesses with 21 or more users licenses paid for annually for significantly better rates compared to other competitors.
I only spoke to customer service once and their attention to detail and quality of service was significantly better than expected.
May 28, 2019
Jillian Straw | TrustRadius Reviewer
RingCentral is being used across my entire company. Whether it be the executive team, the sales department, the account manager department or the marketing department. It solves the issue of needing business lines separate from our personal numbers to communicate with current and prospective clients. We are able to utilize call forwarding, texting, faxing, and any other communication medium we need to. It allows for an organized structure that was lacking in other VOIPs we had used previously.
  • Call forwarding. If I am not near my desk, any calls with forward to my cell phone after two rings on my business line.
  • Inter-department calling. If one of my colleagues has a question for me, they can simply go to the Contacts section and have access to calling any members of our company with the click of a button.
  • Faxing. In this day and age not many people use faxing, and so when a random situation calls for it I had previously been unable to oblige the partner/client. Now I can send a fax with a simple click of a button, instead of time traveling back to 2002 when fax machines were prevalent.
  • There have been moments of dropped calls for no apparent reason, though that have been few and far between.
  • There are no announcements given when the system crashes. It doesn't happen often, but it has in the last month or two and created a huge problem for my sales team.
  • It would be nice if it were connected to our CRM, or even just a general Caller ID network, as not knowing who is calling can be problematic at times.
If you rely on cold calling or phone calls in general for your business, a VOIP is necessary. We have tried out several other choices that promised bells and whistles, while RingCentral was the one to offer the basics done well. There isn't much as far as fancy add ons go that we are utilizing, but when making phone calls and leaving voicemails, or text messages, it is simple and direct. If you do not have a need for masses of phone calls or a way to separate personal and business calls then there would be no need for it.
Read Jillian Straw's full review
June 28, 2019
Jillyn Dillon | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RingCentral for our telephone and fax service, and their Glip product for team communication. The phone system works quite well, and we love Glip. RingCentral allows our team to stay in communication with each other and our clients regardless of where we are, and it includes a lot of great features.
  • Their phone system can be configured to use data (even WiFi) or calling minutes on a mobile. That may not sound like a big deal, but it can make an enormous difference in both call quality and data usage.
  • Glip is absolutely awesome. RingCentral has made some less than ideal updates since they took over that platform, but it's still a wonderful team communication and task management tool. Plus, it's free — even if you don't have a RingCentral account.
  • The calling rules available are robust. We use their Professional plan, and it allows us to have multiple extensions where each user can choose their hours, etc.
  • It's incredibly frustrating that we can't add a texting service to our Professional plan.
  • Their support is truly terrible. They'll take a week or more to get back to you sometimes, and regularly call at the crack of dawn or in the middle of the night.
  • The "press 1 to answer" functionality doesn't work consistently. I'm unable to answer about 20% of incoming calls and have to call the client back.
Their support is by far my biggest complaint. If you won't need support often, that won't be a bit deal. Also, if you know your clients and your relationship with them won't be damaged by having to call them back when the system won't allow you to answer their call, this is a good system for you. The call quality is the best I've found, and their billing tends to be more accurate than any of the other systems I've used.
Read Jillyn Dillon's full review
February 04, 2019
Kyle Moloo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire company uses RingCentral. We even use it with our independent contractors, as they can be invited into specific teams. We've been using it since it was Glip (former company). It helps us to separate teams for each of our clients (we're a marketing agency) and set up internal team chats and of course, a company-wide team chat. It's great because you can share files, links, notes, tasks and about everything you'd get out of a project management tool, all inside this chat tool. The best part about it though is the quick access to 1-on-1 or team video chat. We use it every day, multiple times, to interface with remote employees. The only thing it doesn't do that a PM tool would is time-tracking, but you wouldn't really want that in this tool anyways.
  • Video Chat. Quick access, great quality. It's perfect when you need to check-in with remote team members and for days when you work from home and still want to feel like you're in the office.
  • Task creation and assignment. We take conversations that we just had and with one click, turn them into tasks and assign them to individuals or teams.
  • Share files/links and get quick access to them. Everyone needs to share files and links, but the best part is being able to have a quick access sidebar and a great search function to recall those files/links at a later date.
  • Could add time tracking on tasks. Not a need to have, but would be a nice to have. Also the "Sections" part of tasks isn't filterable/sortable.
  • Better Google Drive integration would be great, so I didn't have to download all of the files that were shared.
  • I'd like an integration with Teamwork that would send tasks created in glip into Teamwork as well.
It is well suited for any business where messaging needs to be done. RingCentral gets the team out of their inboxes and away from text messaging. Keeping this kind of messaging separate allows for it to be better searched at a later date and keeps teams better organized. Video chatting in RingCentral also allows for minimizing a team's technology stack, as there's no need for two different platforms for messaging and video chat.
Read Kyle Moloo's full review
January 29, 2019
Jordan Kruger | TrustRadius Reviewer
RingCentral is being used across our entire company. It helps a ton when people are working from home and want to be able to access their phone at the office for missed calls and voicemails etc. It transcribes voicemails into an email so you don't even have to listen to the messages.
  • Transcribes voicemails into an email.
  • Click to dial plugin.
  • Very useful app.
  • Can be a tad confusing in the set up stage.
  • Wish it was a tad easier to toggle between cell phone and hard-phone.
It is well suited for companies that are highly conversive and need to transfer calls between departments. It is very simple to shadow calls for training purposes and conference in the appropriate people. It would not be needed in departments that don't need to talk on the phone internally or externally.
Read Jordan Kruger's full review
June 06, 2019
RingCentral is used by my full organization periodically but most heavily by the engineering team. My engineering department uses RingCentral for daily and weekly standups with our distributed teams, both full-team meetings and smaller agile scrum team standups. Team members are located around the US, and also in the UK and India.
  • Easy to use for users from different countries.
  • Screen sharing is easy and does not require an additional download.
  • Call quality is reasonably high and consistent.
  • The integration with Google Calendar works well.
  • Some of the settings are a little unclear.
  • Can be difficult to remotely start calls as the host if you are not on a computer.
  • Video quality is not great.
RingCentral is good for distributed teams who need phone access but not necessarily video access. It's particularly strong where the users may not have access to a computer (the dial-in from phone works perfectly without login requirements) unless that user is the host of the meeting. The screen sharing is adequate for average use.
January 31, 2019
We use RingCentral for pharmaceutical marketing/promotion. We have a team of sales reps who use it to call remote areas across Canada and needed something that would allow them to make these calls from home with some tracking tools for monitoring their activities. Prior to using RingCentral, we would simply have the reps use cell phones, but having RingCentral integrated into our CRM makes that process much easier and more efficient.

RingCentral is low-cost, easy to deploy, and offers a good suite of tools for our sales reps to communicate in a variety of ways with the teleconferencing, webinars, and faxing.
  • Fast to deploy - Once we were signed up, we had soft phones ready to start making calls within minutes
  • Good variety of platform - VOIP calls are the main purpose, but having teleconferencing, web conferencing, faxing, voicemail, customizable caller ID, and call recording make it a great suite of services
  • Good call quality - Depends on internet connection, but we haven't had any concerns about the call quality other than when there was an internet connection problem
  • Device transfer - Transferring the account from one rep to another requires an admin to deauthorize the existing device before the new user has full functionality, which seems unnecessary
  • Spam calls - The phone numbers available are probably recycled often, as we commonly receive spam calls on different lines
  • Zoho integration - Calling from Zoho CRM results in the rep needing to answer a call and press a button before it actually calls the intended recipient
RingCentral is great if making a large volume of calls or all of its services are useful to a business, such as in our case. For users just wanting a softphone (no webinar, telecon, etc.) there are cheaper options available. However, many competitors charge for call time by the minute, which can easily shoot costs way higher than RingCentral if making a lot of calls (our users make around 40 calls/day).
February 01, 2019
RingCentral is our primary phone system used in both the call center and inter-office calls. It allows us to not have physical phones and only need a laptop when working remotely. This system is used company-wide.
  • Calls and Transfers are easy and intuitive.
  • Ability to text message.
  • The Hud allows you to see who is online and in what status.
  • Constant complaints from clients of echoing back of their own voice.
  • Occasional program crashes.
Ring Central is solid for Call Centers other than the echo issues. It would probably less beneficial for a single user or small company.

Hosted PBX (26)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (38)
User templates (32)
Call reports (44)
Directory of employee names (49)
Answering rules (48)
Call recording (50)
Call park (42)
Call screening (46)
Message alerts (53)
Video conferencing (39)
Audio conferencing (50)
Video screen sharing (13)
Instant messaging (14)
Mobile app for iOS (43)
Mobile app for Android (36)

What is RingCentral?

RingCentral is a cloud-based VoIP solution available via computer mobile application. It features video and audio conferencing, desktop phone rentals, collaboration tools, and integrations with other business applications. RingCentral offers plans available on a monthly, per user subscription basis.

Small Business
RingCentral provides a platform specifically for small businesses who need an easy-to-use phone system. It comes with support for cloud phone (standard VoIP) and team messaging features in addition to support for online meetings and fax. Users can try a free trial of this offering before purchasing.

Enterprise
Designed to scale for larger, global businesses. Not only supports inter-office communication, but communications with customers and clients.
  • All in-one phone, video conferencing, and team messaging
  • Team collaboration with file sharing and task assignments/scheduling
  • Online meetings (video conferencing, screen-sharing)
  • Outbound customer contact center w/ omnichannel routing and a
  • Digital and social engagement platform

RingCentral Integrations