Overall Satisfaction with 4Clicks Project Estimator
We use 4Clicks Project Estimator on numerous DOD construction contracts. This includes offices in six states, plus the home office state. The software is specified in all US Air Force-administered SABER contracts. It is also used in some other JOC contract environments. Since it is specified in the contract(s) that this product be used, there isn't an alternative when estimating this construction work.
- The estimates it produces are simple and easy to follow. The formatting is good.
- The tech support provided is very attentive.
- The software feels 20 years old. It has not kept up with modern times, and practically functions like an old DOS program.
- Clunky interface, arcane commands.
- Even their training info focuses on hotkeys like this is 1995. Even though I am of an age to remember computers in 1995, the younger generations of managers/estimators are not. It is time to bring the software into the new century!
- As stated before, if you are buying this software, it is because you have a contract forcing you to. While it does work, it is clunky, awkward, and very expensive.
- The price of the software and databases has always been high, but with the fairly recent acquisition of 4Clicks by Gordion (who also bought RS Means for their databases), there is literally no competition. Prices will continue to be very high, with no check on how high they can go.
- Again, can't fault 4Clicks tech support, as I think it is the best in the industry. They know their product and they respond to issues immediately. Considering what we spend a year for this product, however, you would expect nothing less.
If you are considering purchasing this (very expensive) software, there is a 100% chance you are doing so because you have been awarded a Government contract that dictates you use 4Clicks Project Estimator. There are plenty of easier to use estimating packages out in the world, but you can't use any of them if you have a contract that requires 4Clicks.