Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
MIP Fund Accounting is the primary accounting software for our organization. As we are a non-profit corporation we use the AP module the most. We are planning on implementing the Payroll and Inventory modules in the future. We have used the software now for the last 10+ years and with each upgrade the product has gotten better.
- Database management is easy to incorporate and switch between different accounts if necessary. Attaching a new database is easy if you understand the SQL language.
- Software installation is fairly painless if you host your own system and the new upgrade/update process works great. When I first started here the update process could be fairly nerve wracking but no longer.
- Data entry is straightforward and the layout of the software makes it easy to follow steps required. Reporting in system is ample and allows you to customize to get the information you require.
- My main complaint with MIP as well as other software titles is the constant addition of new features when I feel more attention should be devoted to current features. I realize that the world is changing but I am not convinced that easy access to accounting software is necessarily a good thing and actually could be a security issue.
- As we are a non-profit corporation for us it is perhaps that it is a better value for the limited amount we have to spend on software.
Yes, we have multiple grants that we manage with MIP through a series of grant codes and location codes we use to track payments with. Using these codes we are able to disperse funds with the knowledge that the proper grant will be charged for their percent of the cost of an item or service.
This software was in place when I began working for the agency so I have no knowledge of what was considered. I do know that it replaced a DOS program the agency was using at the time.