Overall Satisfaction with Adaptive Suite
We are using Adaptive Insights to facilitate our budgeting and forecasting efforts. We are also utilizing its reporting features to generate drillable reports for more efficient and in-depth analysis. Our model is currently only being used by our Finance & Accounting team, however our goal is to get more departments involved and using the product. Adaptive Insights is allowing us to move our projection modeling off of a cumbersome and time-consuming Excel-based platform, and into Adaptive's more robust and secure cloud solution. It is also helping the Finance team bridge the data gap between our ERP and our in-house Loan servicing database.
- Reporting - Great reporting tool with lots of options to build and customize as you need
- Version Control - Create as many versions of the budget or forecast as needed, and lock it down to prevent tampering after its finalized
- Data consolidation - Great tool to bring silo'ed data from you ERP and other IT or business systems
- Dimensions - Adaptive needs improvement with Dimensions - While the functionality is there to used dimensional data, their use is limited and the performance hits can be big with larger dimensions.
- PDF functionality - While the reporting tool allows for PDF exporting, this needs some work. The results are not very useful and there is no ability to edit the export.
- Predictive Analytics - I think Adaptive is slowly building on this, but currently the ability to do predictive analytics is crude and cumbersome.
Adaptive's support team is top-notch. They are very responsive, and they help keep the train moving when something comes up. Aside from what Ive already mentioned, I find this product to be very intuitive and fun to use.
- Increased Efficiencies in Reporting and Forecasting
- More Collaboration between stakeholders
- Quicker and more meaningful Reports
- No dependance on IT resources
I think Adaptive Insights is a great tool, the only downside that I personally have come across is the limited use of dimensions. Their cube sheets do not work like you expect them to when adding dimensions to slice the data, and when you add large dimensions to the system, you could see performance issues.