Adaptive will save you hours every month and enable you to do things that were never possible beforehttps://www.trustradius.com/corporate-performance-management-cpmAdaptive Insights, a Workday companyUnspecified8.62201012017-10-23T19:14:07.520Z
October 23, 2017
Adaptive will save you hours every month and enable you to do things that were never possible before
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Adaptive Suite
There is a learning curve to using Adaptive but it is easily overcome with regular use. Once a user is comfortable with the tool it is easy to navigate and faster than moving between and maintaining multiple files as was required before Adaptive was implemented.
We use Adaptive in the Finance and Accounting Department. It's primary use use is to produce a monthly rolling forecast. We also use it for annual budget creation, actual vs. budget/forecast reporting, what-if scenarios, and resource planning. Based on it's success in Finance, we are considering rolling this out to other department leads for budgeting and resource planning.
- Adaptive is the best tool I have used to maintain an up-to-date live forecast. As soon as I hear of a change in staffing or spending patterns I make the adjustment in one place and Adaptive feeds it through to every report and forecast that pulls that information.
- Adaptive saves countless hours in resource planning. When making a decision to hire new staff it is easy to see the short and long term effect on the forecast and adjust on the fly as needed.
- Being able to create multiple versions of the budget and forecast is crucial when planning. By creating a simple report you can see all variance between the versions with a few clicks of the mouse.
- There is always room for improvement with speed. Many users are used to Excel which has instant results when you change a formula. Although it is just a couple seconds to refresh, this can deter some users.
- Having a feature to highlight a cell in a cube or modeled sheet would be helpful. People use this all the time in Excel to draw attention to a particular data point.
- Adaptive has significantly decreased the time to generate month end financials and associate forecast.
- Adaptive has enabled us to easily create what-if scenarios which either were not possible before or would be too time consuming to take on.
Adaptive has enabled a quick and accurate monthly generation of current year or multi-year forecast. All forecasts are updated immediately once actuals are integrated.
By using Adaptive it saves my many hours per month freeing up time to look at KPI's and think more strategically about where the organization should head which previously was pushed aside due to time constraints.