Overall Satisfaction with Adobe InDesign
Adobe Indesign is mainly used by me as the marketing manager to design ebooks and sometimes other collateral as needed. Therefore, it is used in the Marketing department. InDesign has helped us in creating more collateral and being able to edit current collateral. We no longer have to get someone else to do it. We can do it ourselves, which allows us to do it faster and correct the first time since we know what we are wanting to be changed. We have become more efficient in our content creation and able to create more meaningful content.
- Able to use in conjunction with Adobe Photoshop to edit photos within the document.
- Able to create professional looking material without having to outsource the project.
- Adobe continues to update the product so you are able to stay up to date on the latest tools.
- If you are familiar with the other platforms, it is fairly similar so you can pick up on how to use it quickly.
- It is sometimes hard to find tools or settings, I wish there was an easier way to find them versus having to look them up.
- There are so many tools and features that it can be overwhelming for a new user, a new user tutorial would be helpful.
- I wish there were more tools included on the left toolbox bar.
- Increased content downloads.
- Increased content views.
- Increased overall ROI for marketing.
The main product I compared it against was Microsoft Publisher. It is not included on the list, but it is like a lite version of InDesign. If you really want to step it up a notch, then InDesign is for you. I included Photoshop because it can be similar in some cases of 1-2 page documents. I typically prefer InDesign, but will sometimes use Photoshop.
It is well-suited for marketing or graphic designers who need to create content such as white papers and ebooks. It allows you to easily create large documents with more flexibility. It is less appropriate for informal documents that would be better off just using Microsoft Word. Knowing the difference in which scenario meets your needs can help you accomplish the project faster and ensure the right resources are used.
Using Adobe InDesign
1 - Marketing is the main business function represented and the user is only myself in the company. I work in a very lean company so there are not as many users. Overall, I am able to be the primary user and get everything accomplished with the platform that is needed without a problem.
- Creating ebooks.
- Creating white papers.
- Creating 1-2 page feature sheets.
I've had great experiences with the product and plan to continue to use it. It has been my go-to product for designing and creating materials. I have had great luck with it and have been able to create all of the needed marketing materials that have been requested for our company.