https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/w2/J9/5W8OMZKB04R1.PNGThe best vector tool in the marketAdobe Illustrator is one of the important software products that I use on a regular basis due to the nature of my job in the marketing field. I consider this tool as the best in creating and editing vectors in the market by far. It has an almost unlimited number of features that allows me to make design materials for anything we needed in our department for marketing purposes like print or social media ads.,A flexible tool that allows me to design anything I need. High vectors quality for logo designs and for printing materials. Amazing iPad Pro application with apple pencil.,There is a learning curve for this tool (not for beginners or casual users). Requires a lot of training and practice to get the best of this tool.,10,We create many graphics tools for our clients and so far that like what we make for them and ask for more.,Canva,Canva, Google Drive, AsanaStill the Industry StandardThe Creative Team in Marketing at my company uses Illustrator for all types of design work, from conceptual mockups to finished designs. In conjunction with the whole Adobe Creative Cloud (especially InDesign and Photoshop), Illustrator enables us to quickly and beautifully create lightweight, but detailed design work to support our brand.,Extremely robust vector editing tools are superior to most other vector graphics software. Illustrator has been the standard for two decades and continues to be. Artboard flexibility. The addition of multiple, editable artboards a few generations ago allowed a single Illustrator file to be much more comprehensive, both for concept work and for multi-page/screen projects. Integration with other Creative Cloud products is increasingly seamless.,Size limits on file dimensions is very frustrating for large-scale projects. The inability to work on a single 20ft event graphic or sign at actual size, let alone multiple concepts, forces inefficient workarounds. Perhaps as much a criticism of the PDF file format, Illustrator cannot open more than one page of most PDFs. Being able to open multiple or all pages of a PDF in multiple artboards would be useful. Snap to grid, pixel, and point still often feel imprecise or unpredictable years after their introduction as tools.,10,I can't imagine the negative impact of NOT having Illustrator for my team's work. Our full company rebrand recently would have been impossible. With Illustrator, we were able to work through thousands of new logo, pattern, typography and illustration concepts in less than two months with a team of only 4 designers.,Sketch and Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft 365 Business, SlackA great tool for serious (or burgeoning) graphics artists.We use Illustrator for various projects that involve creating and manipulating graphics. I am new in my position, but so far this has included included logos and social media content. It has been useful in creating and editing these types of graphics and making them exportable for use on other platforms. Vector graphics are vital in good logo creation. I expect our use of Illustrator to evolve and expand in the future.,I used Illustrator to fix an intricate logo that had a typo. It was the kind fix that benefited from more robust tools. Altering and repurposing a logo for a custom t-shirt design. Creating different versions of the same graphic with different backgrounds (also, removing backgrounds entirely).,Illustrator has so many features and can feel like learning a new language if you're a beginner (thankfully, tutorial videos are everywhere). With such a high level of sophistication, it can sometimes be tempting to use a simpler program (such as Paint) when the full suite feels like overkill. The sheer scale of Illustrator's offerings can be daunting, so it requires some stick-to-it-iveness to not feel mired in it.,8,Illustrator (and the various bundled services from Adobe) is not cheap, so it will make the most sense for companies that need to use this program in day-to-day operations and for a wide array of projects. On the positive side, Adobe products are very powerful, and if you can swing the subscription fee, Illustrator seems to be the best tool for the job.,Canva,Basecamp, Adobe Illustrator CC, Yoast Wordpress SEO PluginsPowerful Software for Vector DesignI am a full-time professional freelance photographer, so I use Adobe Illustrator heavily for design projects, which is an important part of my business. Illustrator allows me to easily work with vectors text, and it contains many tools that Photoshop does not have (Photoshop is the other software I primarily use in my business).,Adobe Illustrator is probably the most powerful software for creating and editing vector-based graphics. It integrates seamlessly with other Adobe systems, so in my case, bouncing back and forth between Illustrator and Photoshop is a breeze. Projects that require precision and unlimited resolution are perfect for Adobe Illustrator. Adobe Illustrator is not limited to one operating system; it works with both Mac and Windows.,This isn't a fault of the software, but a downside is that there is a steep learning curve with Illustrator. Be prepared to learn the extensive set of tools and features. Illustrator doesn't do as great a job when it comes to working with images. I bounce between Illustrator and Photoshop when I need to incorporate an image into my project. Illustrator will eat up most of your computer's resources so it will require a powerful desktop/laptop.,8,Working as a photographer, Illustrator has allowed me to complete design projects for clients when they involve more than imaging. I used Illustrator to create some of the basic essentials to get my business off the ground, such as my logo and business cards. I am starting to generate more business through social media, and I use Adobe Illustrator to create eye-catching web graphics to use in social media campaigns.,,Adobe PhotoshopIllustrator is very user friendly!I use Adobe Illustrator for school and I used it at my previous job as a Graphic Designer. We would create flyers for events that were taking place around the school. All of the department used the program to create flyers for various projects and saved them in the Z drive. The program makes it easy to edit each other's work when employees save each part of their work in a separate layer.,Adobe Illustrator makes it very easy to undo changes that you have made by using the keyboard shortcut ctzl z and redo a change by using ctrl y. While Photoshop has the History feature, sometimes ctrl z is much more useful because you can undo each change that you made quickly and see the differences before deciding to go back another step. Adobe Illustrator makes it very easy to work with vectors. You can download many free vectors & then ungroup them & select the specific pieces that you want to build your own vector based design. Adobe Illustrator makes it very easy to create & edit clipping masks. In the layers you can replace & select the photo specifically to readjust the selection of the photo that you want in the clipping mask. I like that you can easily save and insert a color palette.,I find it frustrating that I have to switch to Photoshop in order to cut out a specific part of a photo. Why can't they just include that as a feature in Illustrator? It's difficult to tell sometimes which layer is selected or which layer you have just pasted into. You can figure it out by looking at the layers tab, but when you first go to move something or paste something, it's a bit confusing.,8,Adobe Photoshop and WordPress,Adobe Photoshop, WordPress
Adobe Illustrator CC

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Adobe Illustrator
Filter 448 vetted Adobe Illustrator reviews and ratings

Carla Summers profile photo
April 27, 2019

Adobe Illustrator Review: "The best vector tool in the market"

• A flexible tool that allows me to design anything I need.
  • High vectors quality for logo designs and for printing materials.
  • Amazing iPad Pro application with apple pencil.
  • There is a learning curve for this tool (not for beginners or casual users).
  • Requires a lot of training and practice to get the best of this tool.
Adobe Illustrator is a great graphics tool for designing anything from scratch. Very useful in making flyers, brochures, logos, and digital graphics or artwork.

This tool is not suited for beginners or people who don't have prior experience with Adobe's applications like Lightroom or Photoshop. Requires a lot of training and practice to be able to use Illustrator properly.
Read Carla Summers's full review
Dyke Habegger profile photo
December 18, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Still the Industry Standard"

• Extremely robust vector editing tools are superior to most other vector graphics software. Illustrator has been the standard for two decades and continues to be.
  • Artboard flexibility. The addition of multiple, editable artboards a few generations ago allowed a single Illustrator file to be much more comprehensive, both for concept work and for multi-page/screen projects.
  • Integration with other Creative Cloud products is increasingly seamless.
  • Size limits on file dimensions is very frustrating for large-scale projects. The inability to work on a single 20ft event graphic or sign at actual size, let alone multiple concepts, forces inefficient workarounds.
  • Perhaps as much a criticism of the PDF file format, Illustrator cannot open more than one page of most PDFs. Being able to open multiple or all pages of a PDF in multiple artboards would be useful.
  • Snap to grid, pixel, and point still often feel imprecise or unpredictable years after their introduction as tools.
Illustrator CC is an excellent tool for branding projects - often the only software needed for logos, brand patterns, illustrations, etc. While InDesign is better suited for longer documents, Illustrator is often perfect for cards, flyers and brochures. Its vector-based model makes it ideal for efficiently creating large graphics like trade show displays or billboards (until actual file dimensions need to exceed 200 inches).

Illustrator is a useful illustration tool (no surprise there!), but exclusive use of Illustrator can be limiting to creativity and more natural illustration styles. It is also a good tool for web mockups, although Sketch (and Adobe XD) is definitely stronger in that field now.
Read Dyke Habegger's full review
Anthony Burke profile photo
November 29, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "A great tool for serious (or burgeoning) graphics artists."

• I used Illustrator to fix an intricate logo that had a typo. It was the kind fix that benefited from more robust tools.
  • Altering and repurposing a logo for a custom t-shirt design.
  • Creating different versions of the same graphic with different backgrounds (also, removing backgrounds entirely).
  • Illustrator has so many features and can feel like learning a new language if you're a beginner (thankfully, tutorial videos are everywhere).
  • With such a high level of sophistication, it can sometimes be tempting to use a simpler program (such as Paint) when the full suite feels like overkill.
  • The sheer scale of Illustrator's offerings can be daunting, so it requires some stick-to-it-iveness to not feel mired in it.
Illustrator is helpful for many scenarios... If you have a lot of projects involving graphics; if you like to repurpose or otherwise tweak your logos for various settings; if you are fairly ambitious with your social media posts; if you have an interest in creating infographics. Basically, if you are a graphical go-getter, and you find yourself using these types of programs all the time, then you might as well have Illustrator which is probably the most robust such program.
If you aren't quite so ambitious with graphics projects, then Illustrator can be overkill. This is mainly because it can be overwhelming for newbies. You will be rewarded for you patience in learning the ropes if you have the time/inclination to do so.
Read Anthony Burke's full review
Liz Wade profile photo
January 25, 2019

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Powerful Software for Vector Design"

• Adobe Illustrator is probably the most powerful software for creating and editing vector-based graphics.
  • It integrates seamlessly with other Adobe systems, so in my case, bouncing back and forth between Illustrator and Photoshop is a breeze.
  • Projects that require precision and unlimited resolution are perfect for Adobe Illustrator.
  • Adobe Illustrator is not limited to one operating system; it works with both Mac and Windows.
  • This isn't a fault of the software, but a downside is that there is a steep learning curve with Illustrator. Be prepared to learn the extensive set of tools and features.
  • Illustrator doesn't do as great a job when it comes to working with images. I bounce between Illustrator and Photoshop when I need to incorporate an image into my project.
  • Illustrator will eat up most of your computer's resources so it will require a powerful desktop/laptop.
Adobe Illustrator is well suited for design projects that involve vectors and graphics. It is extremely comprehensive with a steep learning curve for beginners, so it would be good to do your research before purchasing the software. I would not recommend it for projects which are more image heavy since Illustrator does not work with pixels; for that, I'd recommend Photoshop.
Read Liz Wade's full review
Chani Loeb profile photo
November 27, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Illustrator is very user friendly!"

• Adobe Illustrator makes it very easy to undo changes that you have made by using the keyboard shortcut ctzl z and redo a change by using ctrl y. While Photoshop has the History feature, sometimes ctrl z is much more useful because you can undo each change that you made quickly and see the differences before deciding to go back another step.
  • Adobe Illustrator makes it very easy to work with vectors. You can download many free vectors & then ungroup them & select the specific pieces that you want to build your own vector based design.
  • Adobe Illustrator makes it very easy to create & edit clipping masks. In the layers you can replace & select the photo specifically to readjust the selection of the photo that you want in the clipping mask.
  • I like that you can easily save and insert a color palette.
  • I find it frustrating that I have to switch to Photoshop in order to cut out a specific part of a photo. Why can't they just include that as a feature in Illustrator?
  • It's difficult to tell sometimes which layer is selected or which layer you have just pasted into. You can figure it out by looking at the layers tab, but when you first go to move something or paste something, it's a bit confusing.
If you are looking to cut out something or change the color of a photo, you need to use Photoshop. If you are looking to easily manipulate vectors and clippings masks, Illustrator is really good at that. Gradients could use a little improvement, but they are pretty effective in Illustrator. It is useful for making flyers, but if you want to create your own object, it's a bit tricky. There are some secret useful features like creating a pattern, which can be really useful. All in all, I like it better than Photoshop and I wish I didn't have to switch to Photoshop to do certain things.
Read Chani Loeb's full review
December 18, 2018

"Adobe Illustrator CC Review"

Adobe Illustrator is being used by our creative department in various of ways; from creating large display graphics, elevations of exhibit spaces and vector graphics (logo's, etc).
  • Adobe Illustrator renders vector based graphics well. It is a superior program for building logos, icons, etc.
  • This program is also great for creating large scale graphics; such as billboards, exhibits, and wall graphics.
  • This program also is very proficient with creating any web based layouts; like websites, eBlasts or eNewsletters.
  • Program tends to crash a bit when working with extremely large graphics.
  • Steep learning curve for the average beginner.
  • Depending on your level of use, the cost of this program can be high.
This program is well suited for creating any thing vector based (logos, icons, line art) and works very well for creating large exhibit/display graphics. However, you would never want to use this program for page layout; such as a magazine/publication.
November 25, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Became my own graphic designer"

Our marketing team uses Illustrator to mock up designs such as logos and other marketing material. We use it to send material to printers, mock up new designs and create vector images used in most of our brochures, spec sheets and advertisements.
  • Vector images. Easy to create.
  • Marketing material. We use templates that are created in Illustrator and mock them up to fit our own company needs.
  • We do not have a specified "Graphic Designer" on staff so Illustrator makes it possible for us to satisfy those needs in house.
  • Maybe offer classes that can be taken to learn the software.
  • The pen tool is difficult for me as I am not a graphic designer.
Amazing for creating vector images or changing templates.
Emily Hammell profile photo
November 15, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Worth the Time"

I use Illustrator to design vector files and logos usually. We use these files for signage, indoor and outdoor, and to ensure files do not lose resolution. It makes it much easier to order marketing materials and signage when we can send print-ready files to expedite processing and shipments. It also saves us in designs costs from vendors as well.
  • Lots of image customizations and options
  • Most formal designers will want vector files which you can create.
  • More advanced options that photoshop or indesign.
  • Can be difficult to learn
  • Could use more helpful tips and guides
  • More interactive guides
Well suited for creating and converting vector files. Also offers a lot of customizations for file editing, which can come in very hardy. For basic image editing or file designing, I would prefer Photoshop or InDesign. Illustrator has so many options that I try to avoid using it, simply because for my basic day-to-day tasks, there are simpler products to use.
Read Emily Hammell's full review
Kelly Reumann profile photo
August 08, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Illustrator is the Eliminator! You won't want to use another vector software again."

Adobe Illustrator is currently just being used within our design team. We use it to create artwork for products, packaging/labels, and marketing collateral. Like all of the Adobe programs, it is a top notch vector program. The program is a bit more in depth than others but that's a good thing. It allows us to create better quality quality work.
  • Illustrator has a wealth of different tools which allow you to work quickly and easily, once you get the hang of the interface.
  • Illustrator also works seamlessly with Photoshop which is a big deal for me. I switch back and forth between programs very often. Opening a file from illustrator poses no issues when opened in photoshop
  • Illustrator has the capacity to work on very large files or within many files at once. Other similar programs I've used tend to crash when overloaded with large files.
  • I don't know if it's a glitch or what but when I zoom in really close there tend to be little shadows of lines I've drawn. You can't actually interact with said lines, they're just there on the screen as a ghost of the line which I was zooming in to.
Illustrator is a bit costly in comparison to other vector creation software out there so I'd recommend it for larger companies with more cash to spend. This program is also not for the beginner. I'd recommend it for anyone doing some serious graphic work. Something like Corel is simpler and easier for someone starting out with this kind of thing.
Read Kelly Reumann's full review
Danny Wood profile photo
June 26, 2018

Review: "Adobe Illustrator is the obvious choice when dealing with vectors!"

We currently use Illustrator to create and edit stock vectors to use in our online training courses as well as print media. It is being used by the training department as well as the marketing department, and that's it. The business problem it addresses is the need for graphic creation and editing to provide visually pleasing assets to be used in our online training as well as ads and print media. I mainly use it to edit existing vectors I download from stock image sites. But other members of my department do more graphic creation within Illustrator.
  • Illustrator shines when you are creating icons. I use it all the time for this to use in online training modules.
  • Illustrator is the best tool to create or edit vector/scalable graphics.
  • Even though Adobe has InDesign, Illustrator is also a great tool to develop print media.
  • Even though I use Photoshop, I feel like Illustrator is a little more complicated and less user friendly.
  • I find myself frequenting Google and YouTube to answer questions I have about doing what I would consider simple tasks.
I'd definitely recommend Illustrator to anyone who works with vectors or digital media. It is the industry standard for vector graphic editing and creation. It's perfect for editing stock vectors. Change colors and sizes easily. If you have graphic design experience, it is great for creating your own graphics and icons. It is also great for developing print media, such as cards or handouts or anything along those lines. There a lot of free resources and tutorials online. I'd recommend watching some tutorials before trying to do anything in the software.
Read Danny Wood's full review
July 11, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Can't live without this program!"

I use Adobe Illustrator CC almost daily for my companies' many graphic design needs. Illustrator is one of my favorite Adobe products because it is so user friendly but also powerful. I think this program is well-suited for an array of graphic design projects, anything from product design to signage and beyond.
  • Logo design
  • Shape making
  • Illustration
  • I hate when I hit a button and unknowingly change my workspace setup, or disable a setting, and then need to take hours of searching on forums to figure out why my program isn't doing the things I want it to. I'd love an undo button for times like this!
Adobe Illustrator CC is really a program that is well suited for most graphic design needs, save for photo-manipulation. This program is perfect for logo design, shape making, illustration, and product design. I also like to use it for layout needs, even though I know Adobe Indesign is best for that.
May 30, 2018

Adobe Illustrator: "Illustrator Review"

[It's being used] For vector digital designs.
  • Seamless integration with other Adobe software
  • Support of several file formats
  • Pixel perfect designs
  • Works on both Mac and PC
  • It's not as simple as other programs to import or export files
Illustrator is great for creating precise vector graphics that stay sharp when scaled to various sizes.
Josh Starrett profile photo
May 03, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Must have tool for all designs"

As the media and communications director, I use Adobe Illustrator CC for all of our graphical needs. Everything from logos to branding to design of printed material to promotional banners and screens. I am the only one at our organization that uses the software. I love that I can make one graphic that can be used for so many applications. Since it is a vector based software, that means I can save a graphic to be small is resolution to be used on screens or web but also high resolution to be used for printed materials.
  • I love to Illustrator when it comes to branding our specific events. It allows me to set up multiple Artboards so I can create different versions of the same branded graphics but export and use them differently for different applications. This is crucial when it comes to working with a team and different ways of communicating to different groups. In one place I might need a graphic set up in landscape to work on a web page and another I might need a portrait that will also work with a white background instead of black. Illustrator allows you to easily organize and make those changes needed.
  • Being a Vector based design program. This gives me the ability to make whatever graphic I create either as small as the size of a dime or as large as a billboard. Doing this only takes minor adjustments. This has helped me when Branding needs to span over everything from web to print to mobile.
  • I love the plug in abilities that Illustrator has. There are options for everything from a plug in to help me keep track of my freelance work hours to being able to search color themes and sync my account directly up to Illustrator.
  • It is hard to find something to not like about the software so I will say this, there is a pretty big learning curve when first starting the software. It can be quit intimidating for someone who has never used a design software although adobe is good at offering tutorials on how to get going.
  • There are times when the software will not let me do things that I want to do and an error will pop up. For example, when it comes to the path finder tool and compound paths. I with the error message was more helpful or offered help on how to remedy the situation of why it won't let me do what I want to do. Instead of just trial and error.
Illustrator is an industry standard when it comes to graphics and vector designs. This software is well suited for everything from social media graphics, to logos, to T-shirts, to branding, and beyond. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
Read Josh Starrett's full review
Sam Jacob Dev profile photo
May 21, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Powerful Vector Editing platform suite"

Adobe CC is being used currently by the e-commerce team for creating vector graphics for e-commerce. This is a powerful vector editing platform that has been used by many others in the industry. Specific to our needs, Illustrator CC helps in bringing out the artwork in greater detail for it to implement. The recent installment of CC is faster and powerful and there is a greater jump in the performance of it. When you are into the whole Creative suite you can cross-reference different files from photoshop and edit in detail inside Illustrator and there is great sync between programs.
  • A powerful program and has a vast set of features that are more suitable for vector editing
  • Improved performance and it loads fast compared to the previous generation of CC
  • Ability to Crosslink between Adobe Creative Suite programs.
  • Great to have support to import other format files
  • Great to have more simplified controls and keyboard shortcuts
  • Has potential for usage of UI elements and interaction
If you are an illustrator then this is the go-to tool to convert your artistic portrait into meaningful digital illustrations. It can be used more for print media as well as for digital media. The quality of print from illustrator is greater than one that you would create in Photoshop.
Read Sam Jacob Dev's full review
Samuel Crawford profile photo
May 21, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "No Contest: Illustrator Is The Go-To Vector Art Software"

We create very high-end vector logos mostly for solo lawyers and small law firms. We create these logos for both digital and print (RGB and CMYK). We have many users that use and are proficient with Adobe Illustrator. We have created a standard within our company as far as how the product is to be used on how design files are to be layered and structured. Adobe Illustrator give us the power to create infinitely scalable, lossless graphics with maximum flexibility. We love this software.
  • Relatively easy to learn
  • There is nothing that you cannot do
  • The pen tool is an INCREDIBLE feature that helps even novices create very engaging artwork
  • When using Illustrator in tandem with Photoshop, there are controls that differ. This is not a big deal but it would be nice if the interactions were more comparable.
  • It would be nice if the layer systems worked more like Photoshop, as the Grouping of elements gets a bit annoying (quadriple-clicking to isolate something gets tedious).
  • The default settings seem "wrong" to me... This may be subjective but why would you ever want Document Raster Effect Settings Resolution to be 72? Just make it 300 out of the gate...
Adobe Illustrator is fantastic for creating high-quality vector artwork for creating logos and visuals for digital and printed medium. It can be scaled indefinitely as it is created from equations as opposed to pixels (e.g. pixel-independent). It is not suited for raster work, such as photo-editing: use Photoshop for anything raster. Luckily, when working with Smart Objects, they work well together.
Read Samuel Crawford's full review
Dany Hernandez profile photo
April 17, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Always better in vector!"

Illustrator is used on a regular basis as part of our marketing and design strategy. We use it for print media, online content and company branding. It really is the foundation of most of our designs. Being the industry standard helps in facilitating our vendors with appropriate file formats. As we always say, "It's always better in vector."
  • First and foremost it's vector... What else can you say?
  • Adobe has worked really hard to implement a number of new features that continue to be helpful to the designer. Making simple tasks such as creating squares and triangles a breeze.
  • As with most Adobe products, the fact you can easily share files with other Adobe software is a tremendous help with your workflow.
  • Well, Illustrator is not really user-friendly if you're just getting into it. It takes a while for you to wrap your head around how illustrator actually works.
  • Working with gradients is always a bit of a pain in the rear.
Any artwork that needs to be scalable needs to be done with Illustrator. We create huge banners on a regular basis and the thought of creating these things without Illustrator would keep us awake at night. However, make sure you are well organized with your layers or things might get a bit confusing.
Read Dany Hernandez's full review
Christopher Power profile photo
November 30, 2017

Review: "Adobe Illustrator CC - The Best of the Best"

Adobe Illustrator is one of the most important tools our students use and that our print team uses. It is being used across the entire school and is installed on over 200 computers throughout the school. The main purpose of having access to the program is that it makes teaching students graphic design software much easier. We established a program specifically to teach students graphic design and business development. Using Adobe Illustrator they can create their entire marketing scheme and company branding. The problem it addresses is the relevance of industry knowledge we give to students. This software prepares them for industry careers.
  • Adobe Illustrator CC allows for colors to be accessed across the Adobe Suite if you are logged into your account. This makes it much easier for all designers and students to access their files and their color schemes easily. This creates a great workflow and saves time.
  • Adobe Illustrator CC has an amazing user interface. The interface is easily reset and customizable. Being able to navigate the program faster with your own custom layout for the toolbars really makes designing more fun and efficient.
  • Something that is done very well is the live trace tool. The live trace tool is a great asset to turn images or screenshots into vector designs. When you need to trace something, this is the fastest way to do it. The options it gives you to do so really allows you to create the best vector design without much work.
  • Adobe Illustrator doesn't come with enough default fonts. Having more fonts would really improve the experience instead of needing to download free fonts on my own and install them for more unique designs.
  • Adobe Illustrator has a perspective tool which is accessible in the toolbar and when it is clicked and turned on it is extremely annoying. To close this once it pops up is very difficult to click the very small "x" in the corner. This does not happen often but if you're a new user and this happens you can spend hours trying to find out how to remove it.
  • One function that I would like to see is avoiding isolation mode. When you double click into groups of objects or items, it will turn your screen into isolation mode and if you don't realize it, you could be designing and adding things to a group that you wanted to be separate.
Adobe Illustrator CC is well suited for all design classes and introduction to business classes. The hardest thing about running a design class or a business class is that students want to create something creative, however, they often do not know how. This software is well suited for creative type classes that really want to engage students. When students access this software it makes them feel more empowered, their ideas and thoughts come to life. Their businesses become much more real and it, in turn, changes education. Education is all about creating a HOOK. That hook is often new and relevant software.
Read Christopher Power's full review
Brittney Collier profile photo
November 28, 2017

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Illustrator is my First Choice for Easy Graphic Design"

Adobe Illustrator is used by 3 members of the marketing team - myself, the digital designer, and the content writer. We use it to create graphics for our online assets and documents created for the sales team like case studies, product fact sheets, brochures, checklists, etc. This helps us to communicate the benefits of our solutions/products and generate leads from our website while also moving prospects along in the sales process. Our assets look so beautifully designed and clean when we create them using Adobe Illustrator - it's also great for creating logos.
  • I love the fact that Adobe Illustrator allows users to determine the size of the "artboard" on Adobe Illustrator. When using other applications like Microsoft Word, you're limited to only creating things that are the size of a sheet of paper. On Adobe Illustrator, you create the dimensions of your workspace which broadens the capabilities.
  • One of my favorite features of Adobe Illustrator is the transparent export. This is especially useful when I'm creating a graphic that will be used in a separate document (like a logo or chart). I never have to worry about having a white block around graphics and I can easily place them onto any document since they're transparent.
  • Adobe Illustrator is also great for compressing large files. Whenever I create a large document that will be used online, I can export it for the web, which reduces the amount of time it takes for the website to load.
  • I think that the platform is a bit difficult to use for beginners overall. There are so may features and it's nearly impossible to grasp all of them even after using Illustrator daily for a year. I wish they gave daily tips or something when you're designing on wi-fi so that users have more opportunities to learn.
  • One of things that I have the hardest time doing on Illustrator is cropping photos. The program requires that you take a shape and use it as a "clipping mask" rather than having a simple cropping feature.
  • When adjusting the size of a text box, the words inside the box get stretched/warped in whatever direction you pull the corners/sides toward. I wish the box just increased or decreased font size when the box size changed. I don't think anyone has a preference for warped text.
Adobe Illustrator is perfect for designing graphic that don't shape like a standard sheet of paper - logos, charts, infographics, etc. It's perfect for designing smaller items that will be added to larger documents. However, I would not use Illustrator for designing the actual documents like fact sheets and brochures - that's what Adobe InDesign is for.
Read Brittney Collier's full review
Lexi Jensen profile photo
November 22, 2017

Adobe Illustrator: "Best Program to Illustrate Anything!"

We use Adobe Illustrator CC to design and create new logos for a client, animations for a video or design, and so much more. This tool is used with our video and graphic design team, and occasionally with our account coordinator. This tool helps us address the problem of creating new branding for clients in our pitch.
  • The pen tool in Adobe Illustrator is truly amazing. You can use this tool to create vector images or manipulate vector images to get the custom design you are looking for.
  • In Illustrator you can have multiple "artboards" in one file so you don't have to switch between files to compare different versions of a logo or design.
  • It is difficult to save a .jpg in Illustrator if you are only wanting to save a portion of what is on your artboard rather than the whole thing. You can save as a .png and make the background transparent to help resolve that.
  • Adobe Illustrator has limited photo editing capabilities so you will want to use Photoshop as well if you need to do photo edits.
  • This program has a high learning curve when you first use it. It is not a tool beginners can jump in and use.
Adobe Illustrator CC is great for creating logos, tracing images, creating a flyer, creating vector graphics, manipulating vectors, combining shapes, creating patterns and more.

Adobe Illustrator CC is less ideal to use if you need to crop a photo, edit coloring or hues on a photo, designing a book or large poster.
Read Lexi Jensen's full review
Emily Preston profile photo
January 24, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Illustrator is the top of the line graphics program"

Certain individuals in our marketing department use Adobe Illustrator. It is in my opinion the best solution for creating vector images and images for the web.
  • Vector images.
  • Text manipulation.
  • Clipping Paths.
  • It would be nice if it included features of other Creative Cloud programs like vertical text alignment.
  • It keeps a lot of data on the clipboard. A way to clear it without closing would be nice.
  • When you center a line of text it realigns the box oddly.
Anywhere you need vector graphics it is a requirement. If you're laying out brochures, books, etc, this probably isn't the best program.
Read Emily Preston's full review
May 18, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "The best program for creating original vector assets"

We use Adobe Illustrator CC in our Marketing department. We use it to create infographics, icons, and original illustrations. Our business uses a lot of concepts that are hard to find stock graphics of online, so Illustrator gives us the flexibility and advanced tools required to create our own assets.
  • Ability to easily create vector graphics from scratch
  • Tons of customization
  • Ability to import and export from other Adobe products like Photoshop and InDesign
  • High learning curve
  • Occasional bugs during saving
  • Can be demanding on computer system resources
Great for creating original vector illustrations for Marketing or art. Not so good for creating illustrations that are meant to mimic 'real world' mediums like acrylic and pencil.
May 11, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Illustrator in the Sign Industry"

We use Adobe Illustrator to create custom logos and graphics that are used in interior and exterior signage. The program also allows us to edit the shape and dynamics of text to create wording/type for large applications (ie exterior channel letters and formed/routed letters). When scaled up this creation maintain their clarity & are preferred over rasterized graphics for our customers.
  • GRADIENTS
  • TEXT EFFECTS
  • ILLUSTRATION
  • FONT MANIPULATION
  • LARGER ART BOARDS
  • BETTER SCALING CAPABILITIES
We primarily use Adobe Illustrator to set and manipulate text. Fonts are a huge part of our workflow and being able to create large vector graphics is extremely important. We tend to move the lettering over to Photoshop when advanced effects are needed or if the project is highly photo/graphic based.
May 21, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Fundamental tool to learn about vector base graphic"

As a UI/UX designer and visual designer, I basically use Adobe Illustrator CC every day. It is definitely one of my most used software to create digital and print graphics. The best thing about illustrator is the ability of integration with other design applications. For most of the designers, Illustrator is one of the fundamental tools to learn about vector based graphics.
  • Create everything in vector
  • Ability to integrate with other design tools
  • Easy to export files in multiple formats
  • A high learning curve for beginners
  • Lack of ability to collaborate with another designer on the same file
  • Gradient function needs to be improved
Basically, I think every designer with some design skills needs to learn Illustrator since there is no other application that can do what Illustrator does. You will absolutely need it when you do all aspects of visual designs.
May 21, 2018

User Review: "Adobe Illustrator is Amaazzingggg"

Adobe Illustrator CC is used by my organization to design, illustrate, and edit graphics, logos, and other company assets. It's currently used by the Marketing Department which is comprised of only 4 people, one with working knowledge of the program. Adobe Illustrator CC allows internal access to a lot of documents that were created by external designers or contributors. It allows the company more range to edit and manipulate the templates and other company assets used throughout the company.
  • I think that this program is the most advanced of all the creative suite and allows the exportation of templates!
  • The Adobe Illustrator CC team has done a great job incorporating other program features so that all the programs offer similarities which allows for a smooth transition when working with multiple programs at once.
  • This program allows the user to create new objects using the pathfinder window. This feature really allows designers to go above and beyond when creating illustrations and illusions.
  • I strongly believe all Adobe Creative programs should automatically check spelling and grammar but also have an option to turn it off.
  • We're a part of a digitally literate world, the program should have a responsive design.
  • Allow a visual customization option for the program interface.
This program should be used to create illustrations and should not be used to manipulate photos or create print documents.
February 19, 2018

Adobe Illustrator Review: "Best for all kinds of Designers!"

It is being used by many employees. Infact, it is very essential for my workplace because most of our work requires illustration, editing, making posters, making digital art etc, so this is our go to software! All other employees have the same job, so it is pretty much used by all of them!
  • Illustration! Best for illustration. Use the pen tool and make your life easier!
  • Making posters!
  • Making logos without them being pixelated.
  • Artboards, I feel are useless. I would rather open a new tab.
  • It needs an update (aesthetically)
  • Sometimes, it gets a bit confusing to use. I also feel it takes up a lot of memory, which slows down the working process.
I personally enjoy Photoshop more, however my colleagues think Illustrator is easier. The pen tool is wonders though, because it makes life easier and helps to create a perfect piece of illustration which helps me do digital art and create artwork easily.

About Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator CC is a vector-based graphic design software.