Alteryx - powerful and easy to use
https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biAlteryx PlatformUnspecified8.5143101
Sanket Bharaswadkar profile photo
December 05, 2017

Alteryx - powerful and easy to use

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Alteryx Analytics

We used Alteryx for analyzing pre-sales data. We had a proposal management system which generated a lot of numbers. My job as a process analyst was to use Alteryx to get insights into making the process efficient. It helped us in identifying bottle necks and focusing on problem areas.

The solution engineers were able to better design the proposals which resulted in client satisfaction and savings for the company.
  • Cleaning datasets
  • Preparing data for analyzing
  • Customer data analytics
  • Transforming data from one format to other
  • Poor documentation
  • Costly
  • Overkill for simple tasks
  • Not many options for data visualization
Talend is primarily for data integration and has quite advanced capabilities. But the user has to be more technical. Alteryx makes the process simple and any user can make use of its features.

Tableau was a good choice for data visualization. We needed beautiful charts and ways to represent data. Alteryx falls short in this aspect.
We had many different sources of data. It was difficult to integrate them. We also had difficulty in cleaning datasets and preparing for the analytics. Alteryx is very powerful in that regards. And it is very easy to use, even for a business user. Not much technical know-how is required. But it is always good to have SQL knowledge.
I haven't had a chance to use Alteryx for collaborating, as I was only working on it. But I had to share a lot of reports, and analytics.
It is very well suited for mid-sized data operations. One person working on a project is ideal. I have not used Alteryx in a collaborative project, so can't say for sure. It is quite powerful and compares well with the competitors. If you have data from disparate sources, it helps to have a tool like Alteryx.

Alteryx Platform Feature Ratings

Customizable dashboards
Drill-down analysis
Formatting capabilities
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration