Altus Dynamics is dynamic!
January 15, 2016
Altus Dynamics is dynamic!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Altus Dynamics ERP for Higher Education
Altus Dynamics ERP is being used in finance, HR, and payroll and is accessed by all employees through the SharePoint Employee Web App. This ERP has made it possible to connect all financial information, including payroll directly to the GL and allows reports to be accessed by budget unit heads giving them information that is up-to-date at all times. The connection to SharePoint for employees allowed us to decentralize our purchasing functions and made the purchase order process faster and easier for all departments. The ERP solution has made our finance department more efficient and has allowed members of the department to focus more energy on analysis and review.
- Integrates finance with payroll. Many solutions still run these as separate functions and this was one of the deciding factors for King's when purchasing Microsoft NAV in 2005.
- Altus has added an employee web app that seamlessly connects the outside 'users' to the information they require.
- HR position management has taken the many details of an employee in this environment and allowed each position to be tracked individually.
- Many of the improvements are being met with each upgrade. Altus Dynamics has an idea portal that customers can add ideas to and vote on other customer ideas. This means that most issues that come up are resolved with each new upgrade.
- There has been no increase in finance staffing over the last 5 years.
- Purchasing is more effective and employees in other departments are able to take control of their own purchase orders.
- Employees can check pay stubs, update personal information and submit expenses. This not only empowers others it allows finance to focus on other areas.
We chose Altus Dynamics ERP because it was the most cost effective choice and the only solution that integrated payroll with finance at that time. We looked at BAS and Peoplesoft at the time and neither could compete.
Sparkrock Feature Ratings
Using Altus Dynamics ERP for Higher Education
18 - Our finance, HR, payroll account for approximately 18 users. These are the actual day to day NAV users that are on the system daily. The information from the system can be accessed by all employees through the web app for pay stubs, expenses, purchase requests and reporting. The reports that are now available through this web app has allowed all budget unit heads to stay on top of their budgets and review information as soon as it is posted.
2 - In house there is one IT person assigned to assist finance with the more technical aspects of the system and myself for the software issues. Both of us have extensive system/software training and have been working with the systems for many years. Altus is always available for support issues if it is not resolved internally.
- Time sheet entry and hiring functions
- Allows others to see what finance sees and make corrections that may not have been found otherwise
- Tracking courses taught