OneDrive Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

June 19, 2021
Maciej Wysocki | TrustRadius Reviewer
All departments in our company use OneDrive. We have easy access to files while working remotely as well as in the office. It's a time-saver for us! It is easy to organize, use, move, rename and delete files. MS OneDrive allows us to manage my media content more efficiently.
  • OneDrive is a multiplatform solution so that we can access files from the device of our choice.
  • With OneDrive, workgroups can centrally view data, avoiding file loss and disruption to multiple employees.
  • By organizing work groups, users may create dedicated directories for their department. This ensures that all descriptions of details, including documentation or multimedia files, are transparent, organized, and stored directly in public-access folders.
  • It has sometimes been difficult to maintain real-time synchronization with all my devices. It repeatedly refused to upload files to the internet. Occasionally, autosave ceased to function for brief periods of time.
OneDrive is perfect for backing up data, sharing files among team members, its weak point is quite average speed of processing some data in the interface for example I recently encountered a significant delay while opening project documentation
Read Maciej Wysocki's full review
June 13, 2021
Snehashis Chakraborty | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive is the Microsoft software for cloud storage and is a part of the Microsoft suite Office 365 of applications. It is used as the primary cloud storage software for backing up media, documents, etc in organizations, usually where the systems are Windows devices and thereby OneDrive will have great integration with the application and OS. The software is being used by the whole organizational users.
  • UI is simple and interactive
  • Easy to use and understand
  • Integration with Windows and Office is the major strength
  • Documentations, presentations, excel sheets editing
  • File sharing comes easier
  • Free storage limit is there which kept on reducing since launch
  • Syncing could be better on the cloud from the PC
  • Web interface could have been better for migrating docs to cloud
For both personal and professional use, OneDrive is a great software in achieving what is needed from a good cloud storage tool. Those who use Windows 10 and Office 365 Suite, will know that it is a great tool for collaborating documents and media on the system, storing in the cloud, accessing easily from a mobile or other devices, and the easiness of using the desktop and mobile application.
Read Snehashis Chakraborty's full review
May 25, 2021
Paulo Moreno | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is more than an amazing tool. I like its cloud storage capacity for business. I like its quick accessibility that lets us access files from any corner of the world. Moreover, it helps us in making alterations in office files direct from home. Furthermore, it helps us share and customize files. It serves the synchronization purpose well by syncing laptops, desktops, and several other devices.
  • OneDrive business helps us a lot in uploading and sharing files of events.
  • It is incredibly the best ever platform for storing and saving files.
  • It ensures sufficient data protection for the users. It is very much handy by helping us in making editing files whenever needed.
  • It fulfills all your needs and requirements in the best ways.
  • The only least thing about OneDrive is that large files present in a folder consume much time in opening.
  • It always satisfies us with its full-featured and reliable services.
OneDrive will bring much convenience to your lives by managing all the digital assets of your organization. I recommend you to have OneDrive instead of wasting time and money on buying any other tool for collaboration. Its mobile application is very much helpful. Its speed for uploading files will attract you indeed.
Read Paulo Moreno's full review
May 15, 2021
Queennie Jhoy Ventura | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive is being used across the whole organization. We sync most of our files (those which has no confidential content) in this platform. It keeps our files in the cloud which enables us to free up most of the spaces in our hard drives or local machines. Employees share files in this platform instead of the network drive.
  • Keeps files organized.
  • Frees up hard drive space.
  • Synchronizes all of the files immediately across different devices.
  • More heightened security.
  • File size limitation.
  • Bugs are sometimes faced in this app.
One Drive is suitable for storing and/or organizing documents that are not that confidential. It frees up spaces in my local machine so instead of saving my not-so-important files on the hard drive, I just simply upload them to OneDrive. I would not recommend users to upload confidential files or documents in this platform especially in file-sharing of confidential documents with your colleagues for its security is not the best.
Read Queennie Jhoy Ventura's full review
May 12, 2021
David Edell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small starup company that uses OneDrive for backup of data and documents. OneDrive is used by all of us (2) employees. OneDrive solves easy sharing and data security for us, and frees up local storage space. We trust Microsoft as they are the basis for most of our software.
  • quietly works in the background with minimal needed interaction.
  • Reliably stores information and provides ready access to data and documents.
  • Cost is built into our Microsoft subscription, and the overall cost is very low.
  • It provides version history.
  • It warns us of possible mistakes during file deletions.
  • We have only one beef with OneDrive - it doesn't allow renaming of the OneDrive folders, so all of our OneDrive folders are named OneDrive which can get confusing until you label a folder at the top to identify which OneDrive you are in.
For a low cost, easy to use backup system, OneDrive is outstanding. It has a very low cost per terabyte of storage, and is easy use from the outset. For a small business or office, it is ideal as files can be easily shared (or not) between the employees. I cannot think of a situation where it is not appropriate...except if you have poor or expensive internet connectivity in which case the constant data transfers and updating could become problematic.
Read David Edell's full review
May 06, 2021
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OneDrive for almost all my work files. Files I create and files I receive from my clients. The use of OneDrive allows me access to those files from multiple devices so if I am out with a client I can still have access to whatever I store in OneDrive.
  • OneDrive makes it easy to save files to the cloud.
  • Simple setup on your computer.
  • OneDrive allows access on multiple devices away from my main desk.
  • I've not had any negative experience with OneDrive.
OneDrive has worked well for me by having a secure online storage location for files that are not super sensitive. Once it is configured it is as easy as saving a file to know that it is in your OneDrive folder(s).
I would not store any sensitive data in OneDrive.
I have not has serious problems that required searching any FAQ's or contact Microsoft for support. So I can only assume that they would support this product as well as their other products.
Read Jeff Henkel's full review
June 13, 2021
This is basically being used for the following aspects:
1) To securely store.
2) To access the data/files.
3) To share and collaborate with regards to the files being shared.
4) To have an easy access to the files and folders across the world and using any device (Mobile or desktop).
  • To access files one has stored , across anywhere in the world with any device one is using (Mobile, Desktop, Laptop or Tablet).
  • To have the documents, files etc to be stored and organize these documents to a secured location in the cloud.
  • To have a data share or file share or document share done with others and have the capability to work real-time.
  • Gives a scope of 1 TB of data storage per user and also upload files up to 250 GB in size.
  • To have a sync in all the documents even when offline.
  • There can be backup as well as protection of the files wherein one can easily recover from that of any accidental deletes or that of the malicious attacks.
  • User documentation could be an area of improvement, as the user tries the trial and error method to learn.
  • Could be more user friendly.
  • Changes the font of the documents, but that rarely happens.
  • Takes time for sync and leads to making the system stuck / hang.
  • To view the photos in mobile , there should be a better UI which is user friendly.
1) When it comes to accessing the file anywhere across the globe and using any of the devices.
2) To storing as well as organizing the work documents in a secure location in that of the cloud.
3) To make a real time work by collaborating and sharing the document with others.
4) Has 1 TB of store per user and can upload the files up to 250 GB in size.
June 01, 2021
It is incredibly helpful having your files in one place and in the cloud! This way you can access your files from multiple devices and trust that the files are being backed up and safe.
  • Organizing
  • Back up
  • Mobile friendly
  • I don’t like it that the account owner has all the access.
It is well suited in this mobile age that we work in. I like using a desktop, laptop, or mobile Device and having access to my files. It beats going through an app like Dropbox and wondering what application it will open up in.
May 11, 2021
It is being used by both the whole organization and also on the department level. All users in the organization have a license for this. In addition to having the OneDrive for Business, some users also have/are using OneDrive for Individuals, which is related to the personal OneDrive service. For OneDrive for Business specifically, it is integrated with Office 365, which is the main Office software suite being used across the whole organization. It addresses the business problem of having a solid cloud backup storage solution, that integrates with Office 365, and one that can seamlessly share files both internally in an organization, and also externally. It also addresses the business problem of having a storage solution with has a high level of security built in.
  • One thing it does well is it integrates seamlessly with Office 365 applications, such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. It is easy for users to open/modify/save documents from OneDrive within the Office 365 applications, without having to actually open that program in another window.
  • It enables users to be able to securely share files both internally within the organization and those outside of the organization.
  • The Sync function needs to be a little easier to use and understand. On the users part, it is imperative that they are trained into how this function works, or how best to use it. It could be confusing, especially at first glance.
  • Another improvement can be made in the file size limits across the various ways of uploading files. In the most common scenario with business users using a work or school account, the file size limit is only 15gb.
It is well suited for environments that already are using the Office 365 suite of applications across the whole organization, as it integrates very well across those different appplications. It is less suited for organizations that are looking for a very low cost, or no cost, cloud storage solution, as this may not be for them. Since Office 365, and therefore OneDrive, is subscription based, there is an ongoing monthly or yearly cost of the software. Also, OneDrive would be less ideal in environments that are looking for a very simple to use storage solution, as opposed to having one with more features such as OneDrive.
Since OneDrive is a Microsoft product, it goes without saying that there are great support options. This includes everything from web support, phone support, KB articles, etc. There is even a dedicated Microsoft site that is the OneDrive help center that features training resources and also specific featured topics in helping users with using some of the most common uses of OneDrive.
August 11, 2020
We used it across the organization, it solves the problem of having to saving things on the server and not being able to access it remotely.
  • Assimilate with Office 365 seamlessly
  • Quick Download & Upload
  • The ability to access information everywhere with WiFi and/or Data connections.
  • Downloadable app on other platforms i.e. Mac OS.
  • Reassurance of better security especially when accessing through Public Network.
For an organization who is trying to move away from heavy reliance on day-to-day data being housed on the server, this would be a perfect application.

If you are an organization who deals with more sensitive information i.e. HIPAA specific, it may not be the best application as there will be more monitoring of users, pw protection, etc.
Since it's a Microsoft Product, I've never had any issues with Microsoft support. Although my experience with OneDrive has been mainly positive so there was not a lot of need to contact customer support. The system has been very user friendly and mostly intuitive.
February 18, 2020
Dave Becker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneDrive as our company's cloud file storage system. Every document that is to be saved to a hard drive, is also uploaded to OneDrive as an added protection. It allows us to retrieve files from anywhere we have internet access, share files with other employees and allows us to link to files from one central point.
  • Drag and drop uploading is very easy to use.
  • The ability to create folders to help organize files is nice.
  • When uploading a new version of a file, with the same file name, OneDrive often looks as if it's beginning to upload the new version but then after a moment, freezes and prompts you to approve the overwrite. It's enough of a pause that you think you don't need to do anything and the file will upload, only to come back and find out that nothing has actually happened. It just takes too long to realize that it's the same file name.
  • Moving a file from one destination in OneDrive to another (from one folder to another, for instance) is very clunky.
We have the entire Microsoft suite of products, so OneDrive was included in our plan. It made sense to use it as our default cloud storage system. We use it across our organization and it is accessed by over 100 users from our company. OneDrive allows us to share files with all of them pretty well. If you are a smaller organization or don't use Microsoft products, there are better fits for a lesser cost.
Support seems to be limited, in my experience, to the general help articles offered online. Luckily we haven't experienced anything that has required more research than looking through those articles, and I can't imagine a scenario where you would need more support than that. Still, it would be nice to have a knowledgable person available to help you when an issue arises.
Read Dave Becker's full review
February 15, 2020
Jeff Mullin | TrustRadius Reviewer
At Adecco, our teams utilize OneDrive as a cloud service that stores all of our files in an organized manner. OneDrive allows us to store and protect our files, share them with others, and get to them from anywhere on all of our devices. By using this solution, Adecco team members have all of the documents that are needed within our fingertips. In today's remote workforce, OneDrive allows us to maintain productivity where ever we are.
  • Remote access
  • File sharing
  • Syncing
  • Document management
OneDrive is well suited for any organization that has a large workforce that is spread across a large geographic area. Additionally, this tool is a tremendous tool for employees who travel for business regularly. For instance, OneDrive maintains files and saves them to the device automatically, so if an employee is on a plane or has limited internet access, files would still be accessible.
I have never had to utilize the customer support team for OneDrive because the solution has been simple and easy to use. Therefore, I cannot comment on the customer service of the platform. However, I see the ease of use as a massive benefit of the solution. I'm glad I've never needed support!
Read Jeff Mullin's full review
February 04, 2020
Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneDrive as our central hub and document database for all departments. One of our main issues was the inability to access other project managers' documents to cover time off, aid in questions or handle smooth change in management processes. Another issue was needing the ability to call up documents instantly from any device as we are fairly mobile.
  • Permission levels, shared links, offline version.
  • Completely customizable to reflect departments, projects or digital filing systems.
  • Would be nice to have OCR support - that is to photograph a typed or handwritten document and upload and convert to a Word doc/PDF.
  • Convert PDF to Word, etc.
For storing accessing and organizing files or information, allowing access and sharing/collaborating with others on files. It lacks the ability to display certain documents such as .dwg files etc. It is a good app for being mobile and needing to upload or access stored files on the go. It’s great for documenting inspections and doing digital reports.
I have always had great support with OneDrive. They can help troubleshoot and even walk you through the most complicated issues and solutions. The response time is quick and they do well following up and closing out their cases. They offer self support articles but are always available to talk in person.
Read Matthew Smith's full review
May 22, 2020
Jordan Peck | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cloud storage for individual users.
  • Integrated with Office 365.
  • Since implemented "Files-on-DEmand," has become unreliable.
  • Files become corrupted and cannot be opened.
  • Tech support is useless.
  • Buggy software.
OneDrive used to be my go-to product for cloud storage. Seamless integration with Office 365 and 1TB with Office365 subscription, it was perfect. Then came "Files-on-Demand" which was a disaster. At first, simply very slow access waiting for the file to download, even if you had just created and saved the file 3 seconds before. Then came the file corruption where files suddenly became unreadable and could not be opened or recovered. I tried everything, including many hours researching on internet and with MS Tech support. I finally decided today to end the struggle, and go to an alternative product, IDrive. I now have a 1TB harddrive so I really just need my files backed up to the cloud for backup, security and maybe the occasional web access.
Unable to resolve issues. Based on forums, others have the same problems.
Read Jordan Peck's full review
January 19, 2020
Nikhil Deshpande | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive is used as an enterprise storage solution across the entire organization. A few departments do use other solutions such as Dropbox; however, OneDrive is available to all employees. It provides secure cloud storage for employees' documents that can be accessed any time from a wide variety of devices such as desktop, mobile, tablets, and so on. It also facilitates the sharing of documents within the company as well as with select people outside.
  • Microsoft Office 365 is the main office productivity suite used widely. OneDrive offers documents to be saved from desktop Office applications such as Word, Excel, and others. Documents can also be created from the mobile app.
  • It allows a browser interface to work on documents. Documents are saved automatically when working through a browser.
  • Saving documents directly to OneDrive from Office 365 desktop applications can be challenging sometimes. I have faced issues wherein the local copy did not sync with OneDrive.
  • I have faced performance issues while working on documents from the mobile app. However, I rarely work on Office documents from my phone, so it is not a major issue.
Some scenarios OneDrive is well suited for are:
  1. Storing and sharing casual Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents
  2. Storing product demo videos and sharing them with colleagues for streaming
  3. Storing images for product branding and sharing them company-wide
  4. Storing recordings of conference calls and sharing them with colleagues
  5. Storing documents that are worked upon by many people at a time
I have not yet found scenarios where OneDrive may be less appropriate in a business setting.
Since I am a user, not an administrator, I do not reach out to Microsoft Support.
Read Nikhil Deshpande's full review
January 16, 2020
Tom Wondra | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive is being used company wide. We aren't a big company, so needed something simple to implement and easy to manage. OneDrive allows us to back up important files and know that they are secure. We don't have an IT department, so really needed a solution that didn't require specific IT expertise to implement and maintain. OneDrive is our backup and it works especially well with Windows machines.
  • OneDrive is super easy to implement.
  • OneDrive doesn't require any specific technical expertise to use it.
  • I can't speak to larger organization use cases, so don't know how well OneDrive would work for larger orgs.
  • OneDrive does seem more localized, so I really view it as a tool I use with my files.
OneDrive works very well for smaller, non-technical teams that need an easy way to backup and share files. It is a great way to backup important files if you aren't in a position to implement a more sophisticated solution. That said, OneDrive is sophisticated enough for my small company use case.
I'll give OneDrive a 10 out of 10 for support, giving the support team the benefit of the doubt. To date, I have not had a need to reach out to OneDrive support.
Read Tom Wondra's full review
January 10, 2020
Cesare Arienti | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneDrive is powerful cloud storage used by 70% of our organization. It gives us mobility, powerful sharing options, and good file history changes.
  • Sharing.
  • File history changes.
  • Syncing issues.
  • Better integration when syncing SharePoint libraries.
OneDrive is very good for any sized-companies. It addresses all the important features of modern cloud storage. It helps file collaboration between teams but is also great for single users that want to sync files with every device (PC, Mobile, Web) in real-time. I can't find a particular scenario where it's not suited.
Microsoft support is not always instant for non-critical problems. It has taken days to diagnose a permission problem, this was the only time I had to contact Microsoft support. Overall it has a good FAQ and it's a very simple and plain software, so contacting support is rare.
Read Cesare Arienti's full review
Alicia Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire organization uses OneDrive for email, document sharing, forms, etc. Staff, faculty, and students all use OneDrive for classes and collaboration. It enables us to share live documents and forms while staying within the university's Microsoft network. It enables instant connection and mobile application for constant information-sharing. Some departments and student groups use it more than others, but all employees are familiar with OneDrive and capable of using it.
  • OneDrive is available online and on mobile platforms. The connection between the two enables employees who work beyond the traditional office setting to access important documents at all times.
  • OneDrive syncs with the network users to automatically load contact information. Sharing is easy. Simply type in another employee or student name, and their email immediately pops up.
  • OneDrive works on the mobile app, but updates made online are often slow to update on the app. I would like to see an instantaneous connection.
  • Finding shared documents on OneDrive is a challenge, and I often find myself searching for documents and folders. A new organization system would increase its functionality.
OneDrive works well because we are a Microsoft-based institution. It connects well with our network and other applications used by the university. The functionality pales in comparison to Google, though. If your organization already uses Microsoft Office, OneDrive offers an easy transition. If you do not use a cloud-based document management system yet and do not rely on Microsoft, look for another current, quick-to-update service. Forms on OneDrive can be helpful, however, live forms that update directly to Excel are difficult to edit, as any changes automatically go to the end of the spreadsheet. If you're dealing with a polished survey, OneDrive is helpful. If it's still developing, it is less helpful.
I have not called Microsoft support for assistance with OneDrive, so I cannot evaluate this capability. Our institution's support remains incredibly limited. I'm not sure if the institution's lack of support derives from limited support from Microsoft or simply understaffing challenges in our IT department. Regardless, I have not received support for my issues with it nor seen Microsoft respond to changes in the industry.
Read Alicia Meyer's full review
February 13, 2020
OneDrive is being rolled out as a replacement for individual servers for everyone at my global organization. It is addressing the need for cloud storage, collaboration, and secure mobile access. It's helping us stop the use of unapproved and less secure tools like Google Drive and Basecamp. Employees are excited about using it due to the positive improvements to the UX and ease of use.
  • User Experience - OneDrive is easy to use. It's natively integrated on everyone's computers after downloading it from our App portal. It's just like using local file management on your computer. You can easily tell when files are confirmed to be uploaded with intuitive green check marks.
  • Web Access - If for some reason you need to access your files from a browser instead of natively, the experience is still positive. When opening a OneDrive file in browser, you can edit in browser with the browser office apps.
  • Mobile Access - Accessing files on the go is critical these days. The OneDrive mobile app is easy to use and allows you to see all of your files and files shared with you. Paired with other O365 apps, you can also edit files on the go which is very convenient. The O365 mobile apps are great!
  • Sending Links - Though you can easily share links to files from the web experience, it isn't the same on the native experience. It would be nice if you could right click on a file to share its location with someone vs. opening the office application to share with others.
  • File Character Restrictions - This isn't just with OneDrive, but sometimes files will not upload due to an unsupported character in the file name.
I strongly encourage others to use OneDrive internally for cloud storage. It reduces the need for expensive internal server management, and I trust Microsoft's abilities to manage and support a massive cloud infrastructure securely. OneDrive is current, easy to use, and can help drive employees off of other less secure or unapproved tools like Google Drive, DropBox, or Basecamp. As part of the O365 package, I know that improvements will always be made to the tool as time goes on. OneDrive does have public link capabilities, but my organization has not enabled this yet. This is something that would help us eliminate a few other tools as well.
Support is handled internally through our global information technology team, but our internal support team has not complained about the support they receive from Microsoft. They have actually praised the support they receive from Microsoft for encouraging employee adoption and for rolling out new tools.
January 19, 2020
We use OneDrive as a repository of files in many formats. Actually we use it to support our customers (files that are created/used along our projects) and our service providers (partners that complement our work). OneDrive allows a collaborative approach without transferring files via other tools (e-mail, WhatsApp, Skype, etc.). It avoids all the problems regarding versioning of a file. OneDrive is great for us, because we have different professionals working on the same file along distinct phases of a project.
  • A big strength is the full compability with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.).
  • It is very easy and simple to use and to organise files in folders.
  • New features would make OneDrive more useful as part of project management, especially when there are several people or areas collaborating and working on the same file (simple flows, additional controls of versioning, etc.).
  • A simple preview of each file (before opening it) would be interesting, especially when we have so many files stored.
I think OneDrive is really great as a storage tool. If you need to store and manage your files, you should definitively test OneDrive. If you need to use it as a collaborative tool, there may be some restrictions, depending on your scenario, especially if you have a lot of people to collaborate with, but it works. It is important to keep in mind that OneDrive is a storage tool with sharing/collaborative features--it is not a project management tool with storage features.
When we needed support for OneDrive, we found it on the Internet, exploring pages and information provided officially by Microsoft. Sometimes we found the answer on other channels, like YouTube. We have not contacted Microsoft support yet, so we cannot evaluate them at this moment.
January 13, 2020
We use OneDrive as our primary file storage and sharing system. It has replaced all internal file servers in our organization. Because it maps directly to the user's Documents and Desktop, the amount of training required is much less. File syncing between office desktops and mobile devices is seamless and transparent.
  • Scanning from mobile devices is smooth and has replaced all other mobile file scanning software.
  • Integration with Windows Explorer is a much better experience compared to competitors. User training is much simpler.
  • Branding is confusing in a corporate environment - OneDrive vs. OneDrive for Business.
  • Need more flexibility in naming the top-level folder in our organization.
If you are in a Microsoft ecosystem, OneDrive is the easiest to train end-users. In a mixed Windows / Mac environment, the Mac users have fewer features, but still comparable to competitors like Dropbox. File-sharing between users and integration with Outlook is very solid. The syncing is fast and has never corrupted our files. OneDrive is not a substitute for backups, and we still use a standard 3-2-1 backup strategy.
Generally, online support for Microsoft products is poor. This is true for all Microsoft products and platforms, but also true for their competitors. We find very few vendors with excellent support.
January 09, 2020
I use it to store promotional material information, pictures, and documents. I use it to back up those same files. It is a really easy way to keep information backed up online and access that information from anywhere on all my devices. I also use it to share my files with colleagues as needed.
  • Ease of access/easy to learn.
  • Easy sharing and retrieval of files.
  • On Windows sometimes files default to One Drive when I want them on the computer.
I think OneDrive is a great tool for someone just getting into cloud storage that regularly uses Windows computers. It is very easy to learn and use because it works almost like any other file on your computer. If you are primarily using Apple or Android devices, then it may be easier to use Google Drive or Apple's cloud services.
I have had little reason to contact support, but my interactions have been great.
January 09, 2020
OneDrive is used by my entire organization and has been for at least four years. It was an additional Microsoft product that came with an organization-wide email upgrade and was subsequently made available to everyone. My department uses it regularly as we frequently work remotely while traveling on business, so it provides access to necessary documents/files.
  • Cloud storage.
  • Multi-device syncing.
  • Desktop access glitches/shuts down.
  • More aesthetically pleasing interface.
OneDrive is very useful for organizations with people located in different buildings and/or frequent travelers, as it provides virtual access to documents and files. My team uses it to share/host working documents among those of us who travel 20-40 percent of the time, meaning we no longer have to email documents back and forth but can instead access them from the cloud.
I have not had to use tech support for OneDrive because I have not encountered any issues with the product. My organization's computer and technical services department is fluent in Microsoft products, so I would rely on them to address and/or fix any issues that would arise with OneDrive. The help topics in OneDrive have been more than adequate for answering initial questions as I was learning the product.
December 31, 2019
OneDrive is deployed and used across the whole organization in our company. Every department and employee is a user of this giant cloud storage solution by Microsoft. OneDrive is our solution to data storage with security, backups, sharing capabilities and flexible storage requirements. The biggest problem it solves for us to help store data in the cloud so that a loss of hard disk or device does not make us lose our valuable data as well. In fact, this data in the wrong hands could have a major negative impact, so security is also our major concern. Thirdly, sharing of large amounts of data and allowing the whole team to work collaboratively on any file or document is another challenge that is catered through this solution.
  • OneDrive stores data securely and allows us to access it anywhere, anytime.
  • One of the best things about it is the super cool and easy to understand or work on, User Interface.
  • I would love to have more views on the web and mobile interfaces of OneDrive.
  • Another additional good to have feature would be to quickly know which file is shared with whom in the desktop version especially.
If cost or pricing is not a problem for you then OneDrive is the best solution for all your cloud storage needs and requirements. It has a fixed cost of bundle/packages of data which may not be suitable for everyone. Also, if you are already users of Microsoft applications or solutions, it would be a great idea to have this software because of well it plays and integrates with Microsoft applications.
The user base of this solution is huge and the vendor of this software, Microsoft, is a tech giant that really cares for their customers. As per our experience, we have received timely and effective support on any problems or matters we had a challenge with. Secondly, because there are so many customers, there is a huge library of FAQs and other similar forums with similar support needs already addresses there. We can use these to help ourselves.
February 18, 2020
OneDrive is used as the primary user file store, for a shared location, and general files. We utilize the online functions for gaining access across devices and for everywhere access even without a VPN. We leverage the MS SLA to provide the most reliable user experience possible. We use it as a tool to offset data center infrastructure.
  • Available one PC, laptop and mobile devices
  • No VPN required
  • Back up services
  • Better desktop integration
OneDrive is suitable for all business sizes, personal use, and anyone who wants to start in the cloud with storage.
There need to be more options and free options.

Versioning (80)
Video files (91)
Audio files (85)
Document collaboration (97)
Access control (98)
File search (103)
Device sync (101)
User and role management (87)
File organization (99)
Device management (82)
Performance (101)
Reliability (102)
Storage Reports (77)

What is OneDrive?

OneDrive from Microsoft is a cloud storage and file syncing service.