Review for Anaconda
April 15, 2021
Review for Anaconda
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Anaconda
Anaconda is mainly used only by some of the departments in our bank. Specifically in our department it is mainly used as a environment for coding in python although some of my colleagues use it as a environment for coding in R. As risk managers we usually do some complex tasks using python (to predict exchange rate fluctuations and evaluate market and credit risks).
- First of all it is very easy to install and it is user friendly. You just download a Anaconda from its official site and you can start using it for coding (I usually code using Jupiter Notebook) Compared to PyCharm it is easier navigate in Anaconda(Jupiter Notebook)
- For me it is a best environment to use if I have small projects. Jupiter Notebook is running tasks much faster compared to PyCharm and other IDE's.
- In my work I usually need different scientific packages that are not commonly used. As Anaconda have thousands of libraries it helps me making my job easier
- As I use Anaconda mainly for Jupyter Notebook I will provide cons of Jupiter Notebook, First of all it consumes a lot of RAM.
- Jupyter Notebook is a good tool for small projects. However it can not handle large projects very well as it is not structured(whereas in PyCharm you can create a project and have all files related to that project in 1 place)
- It takes some time to load Anaconda. Sometimes it even makes computer to freeze
- Jupiter Notebook
- large amount of scienetific libraries
- fast & easy to install
- It saves my time a lot. I do not need to search different libraries and then install them in my computer.
- It makes my coding experience better. Using Jupiter notebook helps me to save a lot of time as it runs code faster
I know that PyCharm is a IDE and Anaconda is a distribution. However I use Anaconda largely due to Jupyter Notebook, which more or less does the same job as PyCharm. 1 year ago I decided to use Anaconda (Jupiyer Notebook) as it is easier to use it as a beginner(at least my friends said so). Now I can verify that . Now I use Jupyter Notebook as I do not have large projects
Do you think Anaconda delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Anaconda's feature set?
Did Anaconda live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Anaconda go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Anaconda again?
Anaconda have a lot of scientific libraries of Python which I use in my everyday work (Pandas, Numpy, Seaborn, matplotlib, etc). Jupiter Notebook is a best option for me if I have small tasks or small projects which I must do using Python. However if I have large projects I prefer to use PyCharm.