https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/zB/ny/E8P9M3TGXBRK.pngData science experiments in no timeAs part of an overall strategic assessment, we decided to test the possibilities of several data lakes by conducting a collection of data science experiments. Anaconda was instrumental to get the data science experiments up and running in record time, including testing different data analysis packages, generation of notebooks, and the sharing of the results to a larger team.,Integration of the most popular and useful Python packages Managing multiple execution environments Management of package dependencies,Easier migration to cloud sharing,10,Extremely quick turnaround time to set up data science experiments Reduction of troubleshooting time when deploying new packages and dependencies Low risk environment due to the community edition,Asana, Zoho Books, EclipseA simple and powerful open-source Python distributionAnaconda is used by most members of my department who use Python. Since Anaconda is a cross-platform program, it makes collaboration among Mac/PC/Linux users relatively painless. Anaconda's package management system helps us maintain the most up-to-date Python libraries, which is important for working on code development within our department. Anaconda helps us avoid problems with installing python libraries that sometimes arise when installing libraries using pip. This, in turn, allows us to spend more of our time developing code and building software rather than troubleshoot issues with installing libraries. Anaconda offers several IDEs for python (and R), which makes writing code and debugging easier.,Installing packages is very easy with Anaconda. Anaconda comes with 'anaconda navigator', a terminal-like utility from which you can easily install R packages and python libraries. Launching R and python IDEs as well as Jupyter notebooks from anaconda navigator is simple, and Anaconda makes it very easy to keep these packages up-to-date. I really like the fact that if you don't want to install the full version of Anaconda, you can opt to install a lightweight version (called Miniconda) that includes less python libraries and only core conda. I've installed it when I didn't want to take up as much disk space as Anaconda requires, but it works just the same.,Although I have generally had positive experiences with Anaconda, I have had trouble installing specific python libraries. I tried to remedy the solution by updating other packages, but in the end, things got really messed up, and I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall a total of about 4 times over the past 2 years. If you have the free version of Anaconda, there is not much support. Googling questions and error messages are helpful, but there were times when I wished I would have been able to ask technical support to help me troubleshoot issues. There were a few times when I tried to install tensorflow and tensorboard via Anaconda on a PC, but I could not get them to install properly. Anaconda allows you to create 'environments' , which allow you to install specific versions of python and associated libraries. You can keep your environments separate so they do not conflict with one another. Anyway, I ended up having to create several 'conda envrionments' just so I could use tensforflow/tensorboard and a few other utilities to avoid errors. This was somewhat annoying, because every time I wanted to run a specific model, I'd have to open up the specific conda environment with the appropriate python libraries.,9,It has increased our productivity by allowing us to spend more time on code development and less time on troubleshooting library installation issues. Because Anaconda helped us increase our efficiency while developing code / statistical models, we were able to complete our research objectives quickly. This allowed us to write manuscripts and publish our results quickly.. Anaconda makes it very easy to share code through Jupyter notebooks. This has been particularly valuable for helping other members of our department (not directly involved with software development) understand what the software developers are doing. This step also doubles as quality control, as a new set of eyes can spot small software bugs. Getting rid of software bugs early is extremely important and helps us save time and money.,RStudio,GitHub, Ubuntu Linux, Microsoft Office 365Anaconda as an analytics platform for beginnersI use Anaconda, Jupyter notebooks to automate few routine excel sheets for getting desired modifications on them, also I use Python Pandas, other visual libraries for sales data analysis for dashboards, identify opportunities, for business enhancement etc.,Anaconda is one platform with all the necessary toolset for data analysis. It is very easy to set up on any OS. Adding new libraries and configuring them is quite simple and easy. Traditionally this task using command prompt is not simple. Updating the existing libraries is also easy. I experimented many platforms and tools before deciding on Anaconda as this platform helps with lots of business insights for enhancing my work function. Sharing the dashboards to team with very good visuals is easy as Jupyter Notebooks offers various forms of sharing. For someone who is new, the learning curve is very simple. Excellent community help.,I am not sure as I have not explored more on Anaconda platform if we can create workflows of different tasks on data using pre-defined templates. For example, KNIME offers this kind of approach. Once some analysis is completed and if the result has to be presented, currently I see the only option is sharing the Jupyter notebook.,10,I am using the Opensource,KNIME Analytics PlatformAnaconda - the easiest and quickest way to get going on MLWe use Anaconda for all of our Machine Learning projects in Data Analytics and Reporting department. Primarily we use Jupyter Notebook, Spyder and rStudio functionality to create various machine learning algorithms to solve real world business problems, such as how to keep users in our game longer and how to better monetize their experience.,Everything is in one place, so it's very convinient It's easy to switch between multiple functionalities Performance and Speed - Python and R run smoothly and efficiently.,User Interface could be a little bit more clearer. Error messaging can definitely be improved,9,We can get any new employee set-up on Python for Machine learning in minutes, without any assistance from IT. That's real $ savings. We started to experiment with Machine Learning a lot more, which leads to creating new projects which can have a tremendous impact on the business.,PyCharm,Arm Treasure Data, Snowflake, RStudioANACONDA REVIEWI use Anaconda myself, for Python, Spider and R. It’s used by the whole organization. In my area, we use Anaconda for importing libraries to train predictive algorithms that help our clients to estimate value sources.,Anaconda has iPython- Notebook that facilitates code writing in Python It's very easy to install tour preferred the Python version The risk of messing up the libraries is completely eliminated,It's hard to get security updates when you leave the system packages There're some PyPI packages that Anaconda doesn't have. This obligates the user to package it by herself or using pip Anaconda isn't as fast as PyPI publications,10,It has helped our organization to work collectively faster by using Anaconda's collaborative capabilities and adding other collaboration tools over. By having an easy access and immediate use of libraries, developing times has decreased more than 20 % There's an enormous data scientist shortage. Since Anaconda is very easy to use, we have to be able to convert several professionals into the data scientist. This is especially true for an economist, and this my case. I convert myself to Data Scientist thanks to my econometrics knowledge applied with Anaconda.,Alteryx Analytics, MicroStrategy Analytics and Power BI For Office 365,TensorFlow, Amazon Tensor Flow, Nvidia Grid
Anaconda

Anaconda Reviews

Anaconda
Top Rated Award
Filter 30 vetted Anaconda reviews and ratings
Daniel Blazquez profile photo
November 05, 2018

Anaconda Review: "Data science experiments in no time"

• Integration of the most popular and useful Python packages
  • Managing multiple execution environments
  • Management of package dependencies
  • Easier migration to cloud sharing
Anaconda shines if you need to set up a data analysis or data science lab in no time. Newcomers to Python or Jupiter can be up and running in minutes and playing with the most popular packages. I think the Anaconda Cloud package could benefit from some UX improvements to clarify the migration process. Integration with external data sources could be improved as well.
Read Daniel Blazquez's full review
Maike Holthuijzen profile photo
July 12, 2018

Anaconda Review: "A simple and powerful open-source Python distribution"

• Installing packages is very easy with Anaconda. Anaconda comes with 'anaconda navigator', a terminal-like utility from which you can easily install R packages and python libraries.
  • Launching R and python IDEs as well as Jupyter notebooks from anaconda navigator is simple, and Anaconda makes it very easy to keep these packages up-to-date.
  • I really like the fact that if you don't want to install the full version of Anaconda, you can opt to install a lightweight version (called Miniconda) that includes less python libraries and only core conda. I've installed it when I didn't want to take up as much disk space as Anaconda requires, but it works just the same.
  • Although I have generally had positive experiences with Anaconda, I have had trouble installing specific python libraries. I tried to remedy the solution by updating other packages, but in the end, things got really messed up, and I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall a total of about 4 times over the past 2 years.
  • If you have the free version of Anaconda, there is not much support. Googling questions and error messages are helpful, but there were times when I wished I would have been able to ask technical support to help me troubleshoot issues.
  • There were a few times when I tried to install tensorflow and tensorboard via Anaconda on a PC, but I could not get them to install properly. Anaconda allows you to create 'environments' , which allow you to install specific versions of python and associated libraries. You can keep your environments separate so they do not conflict with one another. Anyway, I ended up having to create several 'conda envrionments' just so I could use tensforflow/tensorboard and a few other utilities to avoid errors. This was somewhat annoying, because every time I wanted to run a specific model, I'd have to open up the specific conda environment with the appropriate python libraries.
Anaconda is great for academic and private organizations that cannot afford more expensive Python/R package managers. Also, it is more appropriate for intermediate to advanced Python users--Anaconda can be somewhat frustrating for beginners, as it takes some practice to get comfortable with the workflow. I find it particularly useful for working in teams, because if everyone uses the same package manager, it is easier to troubleshoot issues and makes for reproducible research. For wealthier organizations, a premium package management system (with tech support) would be ideal. Anaconda is also great for people working independently on code development.
Read Maike Holthuijzen's full review
SURA SREENIVASULU profile photo
September 06, 2018

Review: "Anaconda as an analytics platform for beginners"

• Anaconda is one platform with all the necessary toolset for data analysis. It is very easy to set up on any OS.
  • Adding new libraries and configuring them is quite simple and easy. Traditionally this task using command prompt is not simple. Updating the existing libraries is also easy.
  • I experimented many platforms and tools before deciding on Anaconda as this platform helps with lots of business insights for enhancing my work function.
  • Sharing the dashboards to team with very good visuals is easy as Jupyter Notebooks offers various forms of sharing.
  • For someone who is new, the learning curve is very simple. Excellent community help.
  • I am not sure as I have not explored more on Anaconda platform if we can create workflows of different tasks on data using pre-defined templates. For example, KNIME offers this kind of approach.
  • Once some analysis is completed and if the result has to be presented, currently I see the only option is sharing the Jupyter notebook.
Anaconda is a very good choice for all the beginners who are new to analytics.
Read SURA SREENIVASULU's full review
August 30, 2018

Review: "Anaconda - the easiest and quickest way to get going on ML"

We use Anaconda for all of our Machine Learning projects in Data Analytics and Reporting department. Primarily we use Jupyter Notebook, Spyder and RStudio functionality to create various machine learning algorithms to solve real world business problems, such as how to keep users in our game longer and how to better monetize their experience.
  • Everything is in one place, so it's very convinient
  • It's easy to switch between multiple functionalities
  • Performance and Speed - Python and R run smoothly and efficiently.
  • User Interface could be a little bit more clearer.
  • Error messaging can definitely be improved
If your organization is reliant on Machine Learning to solve real world business problems, Anaconda is very well suited for that need. It can be a bit of a pain to install all the necessary dependencies for Python to do Machine Learning. Anaconda takes care of all the installation of appropriate libraries. If you're organization is reliant on GitHub or other code repositories, it's a bit cumbersome to have that in Anaconda, so it might not be the solution for you.
Mauricio Quiroga-Pascal Ortega profile photo
March 09, 2018

"ANACONDA REVIEW"

• Anaconda has iPython- Notebook that facilitates code writing in Python
  • It's very easy to install tour preferred the Python version
  • The risk of messing up the libraries is completely eliminated
  • It's hard to get security updates when you leave the system packages
  • There're some PyPI packages that Anaconda doesn't have. This obligates the user to package it by herself or using pip
  • Anaconda isn't as fast as PyPI publications
Anaconda is the best solution when you need to make more basic algorithm training. However, when the client necessity if completely new or there're poor libraries, anaconda is too basic.

When designing algorithms, I find ai-one to be very useful. Other tools that more suitable than Anaconda for more complex tasks are protege, biffblue and Nervana Neon
Read Mauricio Quiroga-Pascal Ortega's full review
Alejandro Daniel Copati profile photo
March 16, 2018

User Review: "Anaconda, the Python best way"

Anaconda is a very useful python environment where you can work on both code projects and jupyter notebooks, all in one place. It is easy to manage python packages and install and uninstall add-ons, without the need to go through the terminal of the device you are using.

I use Anaconda for the development of Neural Networks and for Image Processing, due to the simplicity when installing the packages I need for the development of my works.
  • The most useful thing is the Jupyter notebook that Anaconda has inside the platform. You can use your browser to manage them and launch everything from your file system.
  • Anaconda exists for Python 2 and Python 3. So, you can use it despite which Python you use.
  • It's very easy to install, and it's multiplatform (Windows, OS X, Linux).
  • Friendly manage of Python packages.
  • Some Python packages are not included to Anaconda, so you have to install them using different ways, like using pip, for example.
  • Sometimes you get stuck because Anaconda still have some little bugs.
  • Anaconda is a little slow when it's initializing.
Anaconda is highly recommended for all types of programmers who use Python.

For beginners and advanced users, it is perfect because it helps maintain the order of programs and projects, it is extremely easy to get and download packages, and the way in which the environment handles libraries is friendly.

For professional users, all the above applies, and also allows large developments and projects do not lose their functionality or modularization, because the program is responsible for managing all this and not the user.
Read Alejandro Daniel Copati's full review
Luciana Montivero profile photo
March 16, 2018

Anaconda Review: "Python programming made easy"

I used Anaconda in my company to program in Python. It is used all across the Information Technology department when using this programming language and Jupyter and Spider. It is specially used to work with libraries as it's made easy with this software!
  • It's really easy to use and implement, something that is not always usual with this kind of software
  • One of the best things Anaconda does is managing Python libraries and packages
  • You can easily install your preferred Python version, something handy considering the differences between the diverse versions of Python
  • Sometimes it takes too much time to initialize
  • Some of the packages are not already charged so you need to upload them by hand.
When using different Python libraries and frameworks, this is software you are looking for. Besides the bugs, it's easy to use, and not as hard as it could be to set up. Also, it's great for analytics. But when doing complex projects perhaps you should think about using something else.
Read Luciana Montivero's full review
May 16, 2017

User Review: "Anaconda for Python library management"

Anaconda Is largely used by myself, not by my organization, for management of my Python and Jupyter packages. Generally it does a pretty good job of importing and updating libraries that I use for utilization within Python programs.
  • Manage Python packages
  • Install Python and Jupyter notebook frameworks
  • Utilization of Python and Jupyter notebook shells
  • It is difficult to manage everything when you already have libraries or frameworks installed
  • Fairly slow initialization
  • Account requirements for some programs
Anaconda is great for managing Python libraries and frameworks. It does get a little convoluted when you already have some packages installed, though, and managing the different PATHs and versions of things is fairly annoying. It is much better to have anaconda perform a fresh install of Python and to have it manage all your Python needs, much less confusing.
Ayush Choukse profile photo
November 02, 2016

Anaconda Review: "The best platform for Python"

If you are doing Python analytics, it's possible but nearly pointless to roll your own distribution. There are only two main analytics distributions, and Anaconda is the better one. So use Anaconda. As a distribution, if you are doing other Python stuff, then Anaconda holds a lesser utility.
  • Anaconda (i.e. Python with lots of packages and the fabulous iPython/Jupyter Notebook) does analytics well. In analytics, or "data science" or whatever buzzword, you have to pick your poison: Python, R, or SAS. Python is the only one that's good at doing other things as well.
  • Like the visualization...The quality of the built-in types of scientific visualization in Python vs. R and their aesthetics is up for grabs. However, Python can do a whole lot of different kinds of visualization above and beyond R. Similarly, JavaScript probably can do more/better visualization than Python, but it's not meant for analytics. Anaconda has enough visualization packages to get you started.
  • It's still a little buggy. Especially the launcher.
  • It's not always easy to set up. It's not exactly difficult: a Google search away for most things, but silly stuff like path names, installing custom fonts and colors. That kind of thing.
It eats everything and everything has a wrapper or API for it. Python is lingua franca by now, more than Java.
Read Ayush Choukse's full review
Alexander Lubyansky profile photo
August 08, 2016

Anaconda Review: "The best platform for Python analytics."

I'm still a bit new here, but we have many different places where we do analytics. Some people like SAS, some like R, some like Python, some like SQL, some like Excel, etc. Anaconda is the "no duh" default distribution for doing analytics or anything scientific in Python. In particular, once you do your pull from the server, it's really necessary to have a powerful tool for data analysis. SQL "can" do a lot of things, but it is just horrible for analytics. Like using vice grips to brush your teeth.
  • Like visualization...The quality of the built in types of scientific visualization in Python vs. R and their aesthetics is up for grabs. However, Python can do a whole lot of different kinds of visualization above and beyond R. Similarly, JavaScript probably can do more/better visualization than Python, but it's not meant for analytics. Anaconda has enough visualization packages to get you started.
  • It's still a little buggy. Especially the launcher.
Read Alexander Lubyansky's full review

Anaconda Scorecard Summary

About Anaconda

Anaconda is an open source Python distribution / data discovery & analytics platform.

Anaconda Technical Details