Overall Satisfaction with Articulate
I use Articulate Storyline 2 to develop various methods of learning. I love that it can do whatever I need it to do. I can make learning as simple or as complex as I need it or want it to be. I can do simple click through learning or very complex scenario based learning using variables and custom navigation. As our learning model is shifting to include more and more just in time, scenario based, and other online learning, this gives us a way to build in house content that is quickly and easily editable and a reasonable cost.
- I love that it is easy to use. I was able to start using it the day I got it. The interface is familiar. If you can use office products you'll be able to use this.
- Articulate support is awesome. Not just support from the company, which by the way is always timely in my experience and I don't have the platinum plan, but from the community also.
- The Software is easy to use but powerful. You can include just about anything you want in your learning. I think my favorite aspect is being able to set up triggers for actions, based on clicks, hovers, timeline placement of objects, variables, and so much more. This lets me make learning that my learners can truly engage with.
- The software is still fairly new, only a few years old. I think it still has room to grow and get better. Initially the software was buggy. Over time It has gotten better and continues to get better all the time.
- I wish there were still more things that were customizable. I'd like to be able to control more of the "canned" interface without purchasing the developer kit or building external modules flash integrations.
- I'd like to continue to see more options for animation and movement of objects on the screen. Articulate added more with it's Storyline 2 release, but it is still not to the point I'd like to see it.
- We can get relevant learning out faster. My department is a cost center. This saves us time and development cost.
- We can make learning that gives people a chance to practice the behavioral changes we want to see in a controlled setting. We can build learning that has an impact on the way people perform.
- We are easily able to include our internal branding standards. This allows us to develop learning that promotes our one organization culture.
I've left some of the Adobe products for several reasons. The two most important being cost and usability. I felt that Captivate had a larger learning curve. Storyline allows me to do everything I need to do and want to do to make engaging, impactful learning in a tool that I can easily use and show others to use at a similar price point.
If someone doesn't need an authoring tool, they don't need Storyline. If you are only doing quizzing, or recording software demos this isn't the tool for you, but if you want to make truly engaging learning that your users can interact with get Storyline. You won't be disappointed.
I love the software, support and community around Storyline. The community has so many things to offer: downloadable templates and modules, answers to questions, quick responses to questions on the forums, great blogs and articles, and so much more. Articulate has developed not just a good tool, but a good brand. That's not always easy to do.