Overall Satisfaction with Articulate
As an outsource agency we have been using Storyline from the day it was released for creating elearning modules for a variety of corporate and government clients. It freed us from the constrictions of most authoring tools to customise interactions to suit our clients and their learners. We can do interactions which developers used to be needed for, rapidly and at low cost. Its also reliable, and if there are problems Articulate is mostly brilliant at addressing them.
- Ability to create custom interactions using freeform so it works with the elearning and is as relevant to real life as possible
- Ability to use variables and triggers to create some amazing effects, including reflections that can be used later, or information showing dependent on previous actions
- It can be used by beginners but as they learn, they can then begin to use more and more advanced features
- It allows me to do complex things without involving a separate developer
- I found that in New Zealand's poor internet situation, the completion can be unreliable unless extra triggers are added into the success and failure layers or the exit button (then it works perfectly)
- It's a shame there aren't easier ways to grab the variable data into an external source, or enter data from external sources into Storyline
- It doesn't work overly well on smartphones but they are working on a mobile responsive player for later this year
- We became seen as specialists and then experts and now train others, and have gained some large corporate clients from doing so
- We are able to create custom elearning more rapidly and its easy to change
The only situation where it might not be suited at this time is if the training has to be on smartphones, just because the player doesn't fit the screen well.