Overall Satisfaction with Articulate
Articulate is used to create and convert existing training material to web based training. It is being used in select departments, not sure of it's overall reach. All the designers/developers on my team have access to it. It address a number of issues, for example consistency in training, as well as financial savings that goes along with the conversion to eLearning.
- The use of the timeline and triggers within Storyline help to create, well time and interactive courses.
- Being able to use and program variables within the course allows you to keep track of what your learners are doing, as well as recall information or create branching scenarios.
- The Community.... The community behind Articulate is priceless! Want to do something and don't know how to do it? You can find various posts to assist you or even ask it as a question in the community to get an answer. Not to mention the support that Articulate itself provides is amazing.
- More preloaded design features would make it a little easier for rapid development.
- Although Storyline 2 has more (and better) audio features, it would be nice to have a place to edit the audio within your course. (By edit I mean to do more advanced functions, they do provide basic audio editing functionality.
Personally, I think that Articulate Storyline is one of the best development software used for eLearning. While each software has their own special features, I think that Articulate Storyline does the best to incorporate all the main aspects of developing a course. It is definitely my go to software whenever [I'm] developing.
I think if you are looking for an eLearning course development tool, Articulate Storyline is your best bet. Not only can you create basic courses, but you can also record and edit simulations to go within those courses. Storyline has a lot to offer as a software, and with the proper development can go above and beyond simple eLearning.