Overall Satisfaction with ASP.NET
ASP.NET is one of the primary languages that we use across the entire enterprise. We utilize ASP.NET in a variety of uses and departments. We use this language as a primary source for our many custom applications. They run the gamut from simple web applications to enterprise level EDI integration between numerous systems.
- NET is very good at "write once, use often."
- Performance is excellent.
- Security is rock solid.
- Support is always there from MS.
- Older versions of ASP.NET have issues needing to be upgraded.
- There are version conflicts in older versions.
- Third party integration can sometimes take extra work.
- NET has a great ROI as we have hundreds of custom applications that are built on this technology.
- NET is virtually free, so the ROI is nearly limitless.
- With the abundance of support and training, it allows for speed in onboarding new developers.
ASP.NET is much easier to work with and ramp up than any other product that we tried. ASP.NET was also significantly cheaper to start coding with. We also had the resources on hand so we did not need to hire contractors or consultants, which also allowed us to go faster and cheaper. We had a lot of issues with WebSphere.
ASP.NET is well suited for many different applications. We utilize ASP.NET for SOAP web services and JSON web API. We also utilize ASP.NET for many different sizes of websites, including WCF, ASP Forms and many more. ASP.NET allows us the flexibility to develop web applications for our business needs without having to sacrifice advanced tools.